Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Past,present and the future. ❯ Chapter 6

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter six.
 
They had booked tickets for the next flight to Russia. Max, Rei and Tyson were going, while Kenny had decided to stay behind if something happened to them.
 
They arrived at the airport after a long travel. All of them were tired.
 
“ So… I guess that v have to get to some hotel.” Rei said.
 
“ Not necessary, all have been taken care of.” Kai told his friends and started to walk towards an old man in a black suit. As Kai reached the man, he bowed to his master and said something in his native tongue to Kai. He took their luggage and started to walk away. They followed him.
 
Before they knew it, they were sitting in a jet-black limo and were going to Kai's home. Kai was calmly sitting, Rei was looking out the window, while the other two hyperactive friends Tyson and Max were practically jumping around the car. They were picking up the `phone' again and again to talk to the driver. The driver couldn't understand a word they were saying and was very confused which made them laugh. They thought that Russian language sounded very funny and they were imitating the driver when he spoke something angrily in his native tongue. Both of them still couldn't believe that Kai owned a limo; they kept asking him again and again,
“ Hey Kai, is this seriously yours?” Tyson asked for the fifth time.
Kai just glared at him, he was getting irritated by each minute passing by. The limousine stopped in front of a huge mansion. “ Finally” was all Kai said and got out of the car. The others got out too but stood frozen when they saw where Kai was headed. His home.
 
Home for Kai Hiwatari turned out to be a huge mansion by the side of a sparkling lake. It was a huge place, with a long oval-like driveway lined with the evidence of meticulously pruned shrubs - dormant in the cold season that was upon them, yet shrubs all the same - and a tall wrought-iron gate. The mansion itself looked very old, perhaps built in the 19th century. It was a mixture of British and Russian architecture, of dark-colored stone and bricks, with slate for the roofing, magnificent in its own curious way. It did not bear any hint of ruin; obviously, it was well cared for. Huge Roman-inspired columns supported the roof of the front steps, gleaming marble pieces that were polished until they gleamed. The effect was not exactly in tune with what ought to have been the ancient effect of the structure, but it was quite impressive in its own right. Tall French windows lined the walls and an acacia door, polished until it gleamed, stood at least eight feet high. It had lush, sprawling grounds and, though it was almost wintertime, there were hints that it was quite beautiful in the spring and summer months.
 
As Kai walked towards the door, several servants greeted him and his friends in a warm, friendly manner. It seemed that Kai was very well respected. Rei, Max and Tyson still couldn't take their eyes off the huge manor. They all were thinking the same thing, `Kai is soooooo rich'.
 
Kai led the way into the manor. Instead of a long corridor leading deep into the house, there was a huge room beyond the foyer. All the curtains were tied; bright rays of sunlight shone in, making the mansion appear less gloomy and foreboding. A glimmering chandelier hung in the very center of the room, perhaps thirty or forty feet above the floor. On the other side of the room, opposite the huge main doors, there was a grand staircase that branched off in two directions. Kai spoke to one of the servants to have the luggage brought in, and then he led Tyson, Max and Ray up the huge staircase. Two servants trailed behind them, carrying their belongings. A third went up the flight of stairs to the right and disappeared through an arched entrance. Kai led the way up the left stairs and stopped at the entrance to a long hallway.
“ Here r the guest rooms, pick any one you like, just be sure to tell Maria and Steve where u r so they know where to find u.” he gestured to the man who bought them from the airport and an elderly woman. “ If u need anything, u can call for a butler or a maid through the intercoms in ur rooms.”
With so much as a good bye, Kai left them and walked away.
“ Same old Kai.” Max said.
“ He cares but wouldn't let it show.” Rei said in agreement.
Tyson was already running around and checking out the rooms and thinking about which one to choose.