Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Past,present and the future. ❯ Chapter 7

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter seven.
 
Kai sat in his room, staring at his parent's portrait. He sat on a chair and smiled sadly to himself.
 
` What a life? Is this worth it? I don't know, everyone thinks that life is something to enjoy, something to live, but everyday is like being in hell to me. I hate every minute of life, but still I go on, why? I don't know myself, I guess it's because I know that there are some people who still care for me. My parents. My friends…. My friends? Do I have friends? I am a danger to myself and everyone around me. I shouldn't have brought the three of them here. But I guess I did this just so I don't feel alone. Everything I have done in my life I have done it alone and it seems quite strange now that some one is beside me when I need help. I have gone crazy living like this. I don't want to live but still I go on. Why? I keep asking myself these questions when I know that there is no answer to them. My life, a sad story, so bitter, so short but so long…'
 
` I still remember the day, my birthday, I was only four years old when grandfather came for me. My father never liked Voltaire, and did not take part in any of his business. He had his own business and he made quite a fortune from it. My mother, my sweet mother, she loved me so much; it hurts to think about her now. She was the best, I loved her more then anything or anyone. My parents, they were my family, but that day all my joys, all my emotions, my dreams, everything was ripped and taken away from me. I was taken to live in a huge mansion with my grandfather. He told me that my parents were weak and that they could not bring up a `strong' son. He said that they loved me and that it was a weakness. He told me that in this world there is no room for love and emotions. He said those who loved were all weaklings. I never believed him, but now I think what he said was true. My love for my long lost family is what might get the ones I love in deep trouble.'
 
` I always defied my grandfather; I wasn't a very good boy. That was why I was taken to the Abbey, to be under Boris's training. I couldn't get what I wanted there. I had to go days without having food, as a result of my punishment for defying rules. Day and night I had to practice beyblading until I couldn't blade any more. I was experimented on; they wanted to do everything to make me a better blader. I was a lab rat, a subject, I had no choice, no opinion, and I was nothing. I was punished when I did not obey, I was used as a lab subject, and I was tortured beyond belief. It seemed that my grandfather wanted to turn me into a cold, black-hearted blader, and might I say that he succeeded. There was no way I could be let off the hook. It seemed that my grandfather and Boris had something planned for me. Black Dranzer. Ah, what power! So great! I still want it, but I know that if I get it back I will be turned into that, that person, that unfeeling human I was before. I was then to take part in tournaments and to defeat every blader and get a hold of their bit- beasts. Through all this up and down, I was on the world champion's team; I made some friends, if I may say so myself, they cared for me. I was beginning to see life in a different way; I was starting to feel happy. And it was only because of them I saw the error of my ways.
 
` I abandoned Black Dranzer and escaped from the Abbey. I didn't know where to go, I had no idea where my parents were. There was no way I could return to my grandfather. I did not know what to do. When I was living with my parents, my father had a really good friend. I did not know why I thought of him at that time but maybe it was fate. I went to his house, hungry, hurt and helpless. I knocked on his door, and he let me in. his name was Alfred; he was my father's business partner. He lived with his wife and he had a daughter of my age. I told him what happened to me. I told him that I had no idea where my parents were. I left out the Abbey part and just told him how my grandfather treated me.'
 
` I continued to live with him for a few days until I recovered. I felt safe in his house. After so many years, I felt like I was at home. I was cold and I was always by myself. I didn't like to talk to people, because I knew that they would be questioning about my past. I knew that I could not stay for long in the house. I knew that grandfather would soon find where I am. He knew everything he needed to know when he wanted to know it. He had his men spread all across Russia. It is hard to even think that I am his grandson. I am nothing like him, I guess but maybe I am wrong. We have the same thirst for power, we both r emotionless, we both want to have everything and anything, we don't accept defeat and we want results. I guess well I am kinda like him. Well getting back, I was living with Alfred and his family. I liked her daughter, she was polite and quite. We never talked to each other, but it seemed that whenever we looked at each other we knew exactly what was going on in each other's minds.'
 
` I wasn't the first to stat the conversation, I admit. I was sitting in my room when she came in to tell me that dinner was ready. I told her that I'd be there in a few minutes, she nodded but didn't move. She stood there looking at me. Ah! She looked so beautiful, it was now that I noticed how beautiful she was, she had big gray eyes, long shiny black hair. She was so beautiful; she was wearing blood red t-shirt and blue denim. She was looking gorgeous. I looked at her for a few more seconds and she looked back at me. She smiled; the first time I had seen her smile, it seemed like the world around me had vanished and left us both alone in it. At that time nothing mattered, nothing. Her smile was the most wonderful thing in the world. Her lips were rosy red, her teeth like a bar of white chocolate. She was like an angel sent to brighten up my life. I don't know for how long we both looked at each other, the moment was memorable, almost magical. I know it's strange, Kai Hiwatari talking about love. But that's the way it is, I was in love and I still am. She is also one of the reasons I continue with my god dam life. I walked towards her and took her hand; we didn't go for dinner but instead went outside to walk. It was a cold night but it was romantic, the best night I had ever seen. The stars were shining above us, it seemed that they were shinning only for us. Lisa was cold and she was shivering. I gave her my jacket. She was worried about me catching a cold, but I said it was okay. Us lab experiments were stronger than most humans; we had more endurance and more strength. We continued walking, we didn't talk but just looked at each other and unspoken words of love passed between us.'
 
` She seemed to understand me a lot and I seemed to understand her. We both accepted the way we were. I was in love. This was the best thing hat had ever happened to me in my whole life. I had never felt that way before and I want to live that feeling again. But I guess I never will. I decided that I would leave my past behind and continue to live with Lisa. At last things were turning out my way, but I did not know that they wouldn't last long. After a few days living with them, I one day went out on the streets, when I was suddenly grabbed from behind. I was angry but when I turned around to see who grabbed me I saw it was Tala. He was with me when I was in the Abbey; we were kinda sorta like friends. We had a strange bond between us. I trusted him. He was the only one I trusted. He was scared and in a hurry, he told me that Voltaire was looking for me and that I should go out of Russia for a while. He gave me tickets to Japan, wished me luck and went away. I knew that he wasn't joking and the way he gave me those tickets, the dread in his aqua eyes, I knew something bad was going to happen, so I prepared to leave. I went to Lisa's house, told Alfred and her that I was leaving, they asked the reason but I didn't reply. Lisa seemed to understand though. I packed my stuff, and started to walk out the door. When Lisa came behind me and hugged me. I returned the hug, she was crying, she didn't want me to go. I did not want to let go of her either but I had to, otherwise she would get hurt too. I let go of her and her sobbing started to decrease some how. We both looked into each other's eyes for some time, for we both knew that this might be the last time we see each other. I knew that I might never get the chance to do this again so I bent down and kissed Lisa. Her lips were warm and soft. That kiss, my first kiss and probably the last, it made my life worthwhile. I kissed her hard and deep cuz I knew that I might never get the chance to see her again. I said good-bye and left Russia.'
 
` I was in Japan; I thought I would be at peace here. But again I was wrong. I was walking, (I walk all the time). Well so I was walking when I heard two gunshots behind me. I didn't even look back but I knew that they were looking for me. They wanted me. I didn't want to go and when I don't want to do something I don't do it. I am pretty strong when it comes to making decisions. I started to run. I was good and fast at running. It was because of the `enhancements' Boris had done when I was at the Abbey, making me fast and un-tiring. I kept running for miles until I was sure that I had lost them. I knew that I couldn't return to my hotel because I knew that it was how they had found that I was in Japan. I kept walking for days, I bought myself some food, from the little money I had in my pocket. I wasn't sleeping, there was no way I could, maybe it was because I was afraid that if I closed my eyes I would wake to find myself back in the Abbey. I was weak and ended up at Tyson's house.'
 
Kai woke from his thoughts; he walked to his table and opened a drawer. There were a lot of books and blank pages in there. He didn't take a book or reach out for a blank page; instead he took out a picture, Lisa's picture. He looked at it. She was looking like an angel, so lovely, so innocent. Kai smiled a sad smile, which seemed to be laughing at his fate, he looked at the picture and mouthed the words `I miss u', he continued looking at the picture and remembering the joyous time he had with Lisa, he was thinking about her, but his thoughts were interrupted as some unwanted guests burst opened the door to his room and stepped in.