Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei's Journey ❯ Plane Ride and Secrets ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-->

Blue; WHEE! I know most of you who have seen these episodes know who it is, but those of you who haven't, MAJOR SPOILERS!!! I'm going off of somebodies episode guide that explains every movement of the Bladebreakers in the episodes, so hopefully it'll be too much like the show

Kai; isn't that a bad thing?

Blue; *whistles* If you don't tell, I won't

Kai; -____-U you just did

Tyson; why do I have to go on a diet? *looking at the burger in front of him*

Kai; you know what? *walks up to where Tyson is* I'mgonnahelpyououtbytakingthatburguraway, see ya! *runs away with the burger*

Tyson; -____-U not funny

Blue; I own nuthin but my idea about Rei bein a girl from the start (though, I don't think I was the first to think it up)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rei's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The kid chuckled "Cuz Rei and I go back, way back")

That's what Kevin had said. I can still hear it over and over in my mind. Not only that, but what Mariah and Lee said too!

We got back to the hotel around dinner time, the others were hungry so they left. Kai and I are in the same room 'DAMMIT!!,' but he decided to make sure Tyson didn't make a fool of himself and make our team look bad, at least, that was his excuse.

{He wants you to get over it as fast as you can by yourself} Driger reassured me as I am now sitting on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah right. He doesn't care about anybody but himself and Dranzer, he made that quite clear, Drig." I remarked and turned onto my stomach and turned my head so I could look out the window, which is right beside my bed.

Driger comes out of the blade, though I didn't see him, I could feel him.

"You have to stop feeling sorry for yourself, Rei. They don't understand why you left, though if they did they wouldn't have said those things" he explained as he stretched out on the rug on the other side of my bed.

Those things of course were;

Mariah; Were here to enter the Asian finals tournament Rei. And when they give the trophy to us, don't you dare come crawling back!

That only hurt a little compared to what happened next. Thinking about it makes me cry a little.

Lee; We don't care about you or your new team of amateurs, Rei. We don't care about traitors!

"Your thinking about them again, aren't you?" Driger made my train of thought crash and burn.

"Hm, I wonder," I sat up and turned to him with a tear streaming down my cheek "My best friends in the whole world just told me they didn't care for me AND they won't even let me explain!" I buried my face in my pillow "This is SO not fair!"

"Rei, listen to me" Oh my gosh! He's being serious! "Remember after that? How Tyson made you laugh?" I nodded "Well, now you know who your real friends are. You should tell them everything, Rei" He explained in all seriousness.

I nodded "I should tell them about how I know the White Tigers.." I started but he interrupted "NO! EVERYTHING!! Even you being a girl!"

"NO!"

"You have to! Otherwise when they find out.."

"They won't find out!" My face is full of tears now "LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I screamed and chucked a pillow at him. He dodges it then pounces on me. "You have to! I don't care if it's that time again, you are going to tell them!"

I shook my head "I can't! I promised, Drig." I used his nickname just to show I'm not mad at him and that I really need him here right now.

He sighs then gets off me and returns me my pillow. "You are so dang stubborn!"

"I guess I've gotten to know you too well"

We laughed at that. He told me that I should take a nice bath, then I'd feel better.

"What id Kai walks in" I ask, suddenly worried what our mighty and hot...HOLD THE PHONE! HOT!!

"Yes, hot. You like him." Driger said. Before I could remark though, he returned to his blade. {It's called locking the door from the inside and making sure YOU have the key.}

"I knew that!" I grabbed the bathroom key and got into the warm bath hoping it will soak away all my problems. Listening to my discman and my favourite CD helped out too, Jessica Andrews 'Who I Am.' Ironic isn't it?

I got out 'bout an hour after that and surprisingly enough, Kai wasn't back yet. Good! I can change and not worry about it! I change as quick as I can into a baggy t-shirt and baggy sweats when I think about my regular outfit as I wrap my wrists.

'I just thought of something'

{You woke me from my catnap!}

'Does it look like I care? Anyway, my parents knew what they were doing when they taught me all this, I mean, if you look at my wrist compared to say..Max's, my wrist is even skinnier and more feminine than his is! And the shirt I wear is baggy enough that I don't have to flatten them all the way! But still..'

{TOO GIRLY!! I GET THE POINT!!!}

I laugh out loud "What are you laughing at?" I almost jump out of my skin as tie the wrapping to my wrist. Kai is standing in the doorway with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh..nothing" I say innocently. He shrugs then walks over to my bed and tosses a styrofoam box on it "You have to eat." He said simply

"I was going to walk down to the restaurant and order..." I started, gesturing to the door.

"No. That stuff is 99.9% fat, nobody needs that in their body. I have no idea how Tyson can manage." He says and winces as he recalls Tyson's eating habits.

"Thanks. How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing. We need you in top form in a week without worrying about stuff like that after what's happened."

"Oh. Thanks" I sit on the bed and start to eat the salad he got me. He just shrugs and head to the bathroom with a new shirt and a pair of shorts, nightware.

{ooh. This is good news for you girl!}

'If I don't blade well, he loses. That's how I see it. He probably doesn't even care about me.' I stuck another piece of lettuce in my mouth, then walked out onto the balcony to eat the rest at the outdoor table.

'It's so pretty'

{can I sleep now, please? It's 8:00 and I'm tired.}

'Only 8? But I thought Tigers were always ready to go?'

{That's because we tigers get our 14 hours of sleep, unlike you trainers with 6 or 5 at the most!}

I shake my head as I feel him fall asleep. I finish my salad quickly then stand up and lean on the rail. A breeze goes through my hair, blowing my ponytail with it. I laugh.

"Hey mom." Said to the air. It twirls around me. I can remember my mom, when it was just the two of us and dad was off hunting, she would do my hair. After that, we would sit on the back of the cart waiting for dad and she would play with my hair.

I hear a faint sound from inside the room and figure it's Kai. I stay where I am until I'm sure he's changed and in bed as I hear the bed creak. I turn and walk back in after whispering "I love you mom. Say hi to dad for me."

I get into my bed and roll to put my back away from Kai, not willing to watch him as he slept. He sighs once, then I remember myself fall asleep a few after that.

The next day we are on our way to the Asian tournament {FINALLY!!} and of course, Tyson was late as usual. If I hadn't jumped over the group of basketball players in front of us and stopped the stewardess from closing the gate, we'd have missed the plane and the check in time.

"Whew, man. You sure saved our butts back there!" Tyson remarked to me from the seat behind me. It was him and Max, Kenny and Kai, then there's me.

'YAY! I got my own seat!'

{At lest no one will care what you smell like now! Did you pick up some Eau Du Basketball Player or what!}

The plane takes off 'You are SO ungrateful'

{Hey, if I was there, you wouldn't have to worry about going over them. I'd just bear my fangs and} He roars in my ear, I wince. 'That was oh so smooth.'

"Rei? You ok?" Kenny asks from across the isle.

I give him one of my favourite grins "Yeah Chief, I'm fine!"

"Excuse me?" A girl about my age is standing beside me. She's pretty with short brown hair, a pink tank-top and a black skirt.

{WHAT A FOX!!!}

I shake my head "Can I help you?" I ask politely. Sure she's pretty, but let's see, hmm, I'M NOT LES!!

"Yes. My seat is beside you" She shows me her ticket "Do you mind"

I shrug. I was actually very disappointed, but meh, it doesn't matter. It just means I don't get to talk to Kenny for the flight, what a shame. I get up and out of my seat so she can get it. To be polite I offer to put her bags up for her, she says yes.

'HER BAG WEIGHS A FLIPPIN TON!!!' It's only because I am so athletic that I didn't drop it. I sit down in my seat and look out the window. The place where were going is only about 2-3 hours away, and the only thing to really see are moutains, and I grew up in them, so nothing really interesting to see. A tap on my shoulder gets my attention..

'Oh great' "Hey Max. What can I do for ya?"

"You are so lucky man!" He says to me. I am so WHAT!

"What do you mean?"

"Your sitting beside the most gorgeous girl on the plane nimrod!" he tells me. "Hit on her or somethin! She looks bored and you could use a girl"

I can hear Driger laughing his head off in the blade. I sigh though and reach into my bag. I then turn to her, she's reading a magazine. I offer my hand

"Hi. I'm Rei" She takes it.

"Lauren. Nice to meet you Rei." She gives me a smile.

'Oh great. This is going to be a rough ride'

I can feel my blade glowing from Drig's laughing.

"Where you from?" I ask her, trying to make conversation

"Beijing. I came to Hong Kong to see my relatives and to watch a street beyblade tournament, it wasn't publicised or anything, my cousin bladed in it though." She told me

"Really?"

"Yeah! He got beat, though, by a kid with blue triangles and a long white scarf." She said with disgust. I saw behind her Kai smirk a bit as he sits with closed eyes and arms folded.

'Great. I'm not only embarrassing myself here, but I'm also making a fool of myself in front of the captain!'

Driger is still laughing, but I think is almost out of breath.

"Oh. That's too bad." I said with as much sincereness as I could.

"Yeah. But it's really ok. The kid was part of an actual team, so it didn't count. Unfortunately, they found out after the battle." She looks up at me into my eyes. I look past them to her face. "I am so rude! Do you beybattle?"

"I..." Driger decided at that moment to glow bright green so that it showed in my pocket,

"Whats that?" She points. If the guys had been looking, they would REALLY be wondering what she's pointing at.

'Thanks a lot Drig.' I pull him out of my pant pocket and watch as her eyes open wide in amazement. "This is my bit beast, Driger."

"Oh wow! That is so cool!"

After that was an enjoyable trip. We talked about everything and lucky for me, Driger stopped me is I was going to comment if a guy was hot or not. I did give her some makeup tips, though. She's a summer, like Mariah, so I told her how to highlight her cheekbones some more.

After the trip, she had to stay on the plane since it was heading to Beijing next. We said goodbye, and walked out to the luggage device. Tyson nudges me in the ribs

"So?" He asks coyly "How'd it go?"

I stare at him wide eyed as I grab my bag "It went fine. Lauren is really nice, she's a great friend to have."

"Only a friend?" Max really is too young for these kind of conversations, why does he have to bud it. I shake my head and look at them both in the eyes to show I'm not lying. "Yes. Only a friend."

"Tyson. Is that your bag that overloaded?" Kai interrups.

"GAH!!!" Tyson pushes past a lot of people, knocking over a football player from the looks of it, and grabs his bag. We already have ours by now. We get to the hotel a while later, it's a chinese temple sort of thing with beyblade practise dishes all around. We got our own section because we were blading in the tournament. We all walk into the room Max, Kenny, and I laughing because Tyson walked into a pole. I think I saw a smile on Kai's face when that happened too.

{Who knew, the loner can smile! I thought it would break his face!}

'give it a rest, will ya?' I told Drig while watching where everyone else chose where they would sleep. 'He has feelings too ya know, he just bottles them up so that they hurt him more than we can imagine.'

{And how do you know this, oh all seeing one?}

'I had to live with Lee didn't I? He got like this all the time, but he was able to talk to me about them, Kai has nobody.'

{Maybe if you don't annoy him, but keep him in conversations and know your limits, he'll talk to you just like Lee did}

'Yeah...Maybe..' but I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me out of my trance.

"Hey Max, what's up?" I look around. EVERYBODY is looking at me, concerned.

"You zoned out for a minute their Rei my man" Tyson remarked. "But I don't blame you if I had to sleep by Kai and Max"

"Hey! What's wrong with me?" Max asks innocently

I laugh and put my stuff at the end of my part of the 5 part bed. "It's ok guys. I don't care."

{you are loving this!}

'no comment'

I can feel Driger yell YES in my head as Kai lead us to the practise dish. {That's the closest you've ever come to admitting it!}

'It's called a crush, Drig. And anyways, let's face it.' We are at the dish, I'm sitting watching Max and Tyson blade, Kai is leaning against a pole arms crossed and yelling insults to Tyson. 'He could never like someone who only knows who they half are.'

We get to bed a while l8ter, the 3 younger boys go in, I have no idea where Kai is, but I'm outside still, in the rain. I learned a while ago, just after I left the White Tigers, that my mom is the air and my dad, the rain. Or at least, their part of those elements. I feel a hand on my shoulder and spin around to see.....

"Kai!" my eyes go wide. "What are you doing out here? You could catch a cold!" I told him sternly enough, but not to make it seem like I was kidding

"Funny. I was going to tell you he same thing."He motions his head to and tells me to follow him. We go under the roof to sit and watch the rain.

{oh la la!}

'shut it!'

"You can talk to your bit beast, can't you?" Kai said suddenly, catching me off guard, I almost fall over. He's looking right at me.

"Uh..." I look right back at him. "Yes, Kai, I can. Is there a problem?"

He raises and eyebrow, then leans back against the wall, eyes closed. "No. I just know now that you are holding an incredible secret that no one on Earth knows but you."

It's my turn to let my eyes go wide with surprise. "Why? How do you know?"

"Dranzer told me." He replied simply. "You haven't asked Driger yet about it have you?"

I smirk "I never thought about it. He's always there when I need advice and someone to talk to. He also puts me in my position when I get out of line. So, no, I haven't." I stop for a sec, then ask "Can the others?"

Kai shakes his head "They are too carefree, they don't have secrets strong enough."

"And you do?" I ask

Kai opens his eyes. "I don't want you to tell me! I just want to know if you have one or not! Don't tell me! I don't wanna know!" I raise my hands in defence.

He smirks and closes his eyes again. "Yes." He looks at the sky. "We should go in." He gets up and leaves. I follow him, wondering what on Earth could have made Kai do anything? Or keep that strong of a secret.

{He'll tell you, when he's ready. That just means you have to return the favor} Driger tells me before I fall asleep, holding my beyblade and facing away from Kai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue; AHHH! My parents are showing me my evil 'when-I-was-6-and-cute' pictures, SAVE ME!!

Kai; *takes the picture of Blue in her ballerina costume* hey! This is really cute!

Blue; *tries to grab it* give me that! your too tall

Kai; *holds them above his head* too bad!

Blue; your evil

Kai; *smirk* I know

Rei; Settle down you two! RnR please!