Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei's Journey ❯ Follow the Leader ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-->Don't own anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ {Driger talking to Rei} 'Rei thinking'~~~~~~~~~

Rei walked down to the locker room after the match between Kai and Max, deep in her own thought when she heard someone laughing. She looks around the corner so's not to be spotted and sees Max talking to Kai. He was saying something about how cool that match was and Kai was looking pretty annoyed. Kai eventually told Max off and left Max standing there. Tyson and Kenny came up to him after that and gave him a pat on the back, Max making Tyson promise that he would win the next match.

'Not today buddy' she thinks as she heads to the locker room.

{No kidding, we are gonna kick their butts so hard it's gonna make their bit beasts hurt!}

She sits in the locker room contemplating her plan of attack.

{Don't get so worked up! You'll do fine}

'Drig, you're the only reason I've gotten this far. Without you, I would suck'

{Yeah, your right}

She's called out to battle.

"Our next match is between two great bladers. The winner of this match will go on to face Kai in the next round"

{Now I know you want to go there}

'will you be quiet!'

{Fine.}

"First off we have the blader who's come out of nowhere, but is blading up a storm here at the tournament, TYSON!!!"

She saw Tyson run out and pump his fists in the air

'Talk about no fashion sense'

{Hey, who's the one wearing a ponytail down to her knees?}

'That was SO uncalled for'

"Now we have Tyson's opponent. He's come out of nowhere and is still undefeated in the tournament, REI!!"

'Here we go'

She walks out, looks straight at Tyson and...yawns. Tyson yells at her

"Hey! What's going on!"

She looks at him and shrugs "I'm bored. Nobody here stands a chance against me."

Tyson took this really seriously, making Driger laugh. "Oh yeah! Well talk with your blade buddy, cuz your goin down!"

Rei shrugs "Whatever"

The ref then shows each others stats. The two bladers at the dish ready their blades "3-2-1 LET IT RIPP!!!"

"C'mon Dragoon, let's show em what you got!"

His Dragoon circles then goes in for the attack and...misses??? He steps back shocked

"Puh, what that it kid?" She calls to him "Well, then your just like any other blader I've met. Which means that now I get to finish you off. TIGER CLAW!!!"

Driger attacks Tyson blade, completely destroying it. Tyson falls to his knees. Rei turns and starts to walk away when.. "Hey, where are you going. The match isn't over"

"Yes it is. If you don't have a blade how can you battle?"

{He he, he's dumbfounded}

"Spare parts?"

The ref intervened this time "Sorry kid, but he's right. If you don't have any spare parts I'll have to disqualify you"

Just to blow the kids temper, Rei yawns "I think I'll go take a nap"

Suddenly, a small kid with no eyes and huge glasses comes running in. Rei look quizzly at the kid. The kid says his name is Kenny and that he has spare parts and can rebuild Tyson's blade. Rei shrugs then goes back to the locker room to wait for the next round

'Like that's going to help him against the Tiger Claw'

Mr. Dickenson walks in to the locker room "Now Rei, would you care to explain yourself"

Without looking at him Rei replies "I'm bored. No one here is a match for me."

"Well, that young Tyson sure looks like a challenge. You should watch yourself with him Rei."

"Whatever"

The next round is on. Tyson's trash talking again and Rei's just doing her laid back I-really-don't-care thing when she notices something out of the corner of her eye...'nah, it coudn't be'

"You know what Tyson. I've had enough of this. DRIGER TIGER CLAW ATTACK!!"

"Dragoon, STORM ATTACK!!"

Dragoon created a whirlwind in the stadium blowing everything and everyone around, and blowing Rei's beyblade out of the dish almost hitting Rei, but tearing her headband and falling to floor behind her

"no..no way!"

Tyson jumps up and yells "YEAH!! That's one-one Rei...hey, where you going? The battle isn't finished yet."

She turns to him as she's walking away "Yes it is. You gave me the action I was looking for, and beat me. In my eyes you won. So I'm outta here." She walks away leaving the ref to declare Tyson the winner and Tyson dumbfounded but ready for Kai.

She walks into the stands to sit with Mr. Dickenson and watch the final battle. The battle is a cage match, and, as she watches, is going to be a good one too.

{Hm, do I detect a tiny bit of feeling toward the unfeeling blader in black}

She blushes a little, and turns so no one can see. 'No. Why would you think that? DON'T answer that.'

The battle starts and Kai loses, and gets thrown into the cage wall. Rei puts her hands up to her mouth in shock, then realizes that's what a girl does and just sits back and clenches her fists.

'No! Why is he letting himself lose so easily?'

{I though you said you had no feelings for the kid?}

'Be quiet you! He was just thrown into a chain-link wall by a tornado, who wouldn't be worried?'

{Well, you}

'I am SO not talking to you'

To Rei's relief Kai gets up, then takes off his arm guards, obviously getting down to buisness. In the next round, he beats Tyson, throwing him to the ground and showing him he was not going to give up so easily.

"These two are really good. I haven't seen this good of a battle in a while" She remarks to Mr. D

"Yes, I think this match will turn out surprising" He replies, will watching the two battling in the third round. Tyson, surprisingly being serious for once

A huge light came from the dish, and the blades disappeared, for only a moment, then Rei was the first one to see the blades free falling from the roof. When the bladers realized this, they urged their bit beasts to fight on. Tyson's blade just narrowly avoids losing by rolling back into the dish, while Kai's topples to the wrong side, still spinning. He was crushed.

"Come Rei, we should go meet the two with a little surprise"

"Yes sir" She gets up and follows him to the dish where the two are standing shocked. Jazzman had just said who was going to be on the new team, Max, Kai, Tyson and herself. She walks over and congratulates the 2.

"Well, if were gonna be a team then we need a cool team name," Said Tyson "How bout the Bladebreakers?" Everyone agreed.

"Hey Kai" Yelled Max, "What do you think?"

"Whatever" He left.

~~~~~~~~~A day later~~~~~~~

Rei went on ahead of the others to China, and is now serving them in a very fancy restaurant. They are completely ignoring her, even Kai is having trouble watching anything but Tyson eating, it's disgusting.

"This food is great!" Exclaims Tyson

"Good, you better give me a good tip" she tell him. He turns

"Rei! What are you doin here man? I thought you went on ahead."

"I did, I'm here working part-time for some extra cash and since there are so many amature beybladers around, I have plenty of time to practise"

A while later, Rei has joined them as Mr. Dickenson explains the next tournament to them. This is when Kai gets really angry.

"You mean to say that I can win ALL my matches, but can't go anywhere unless these KIDS win theirs too?" He exclaims

"It's called working as a team, Kai" Mr. D replies with patience

"It's called really unfair! I'm outta here!" He gets up and leaves.

"Give him a while, boys. He'll come around"

Tyson gets up "Yeah, but we'd better make sure he doesn't get into trouble. Let's follow him"

They leave with good byes to Mr.D.

Kai gives them a good chase, with Dizzy leading them, but she's not happy about it

"Why do we HAVE to look for Kai?" Whines Tyson, he's still bloated from lunch

{Because Rei thinks he's hot}

Rei rolls her eyes. "Because we need Kai's expertise and skill if we even think were going to win

They soon THINK they caught up to him, but head down a dark ally that smells like fish

"This place smells funny. Like fish." 'There goes Max with the obvious again' {talk about blond}

A metal dish comes flying out of nowhere to land in front of Rei

A boy walks out of the shadows. "You and me, right here, right now"

Tyson eagerly accepts "I'll battle you! But first, what's your name?"

The kid pulls out his nun-chuck launcher "The names Bruce"

"This guys old school," Starts Rei "I've never seen the dreaded num-chuck shooter technique before"

"Ah, the only thing this guys good for is cutting cheese" remarks Tyson

Tyson pulls out the new launcher Kenny had just given him earlier, we isn't afraid of some dumb looking launcher.

Bruce swings his launcher around him very fast

"Oh, a windmill. Do any other impressions?" Rei asks sarcastically

The battle begins and Tyson is losing the battle badly almost being pushed off the edge no matter how hard he tried to stay in the dish.

"He's losing!!" Cries Max

{There goes that kid with the obvious again}

But Rei isn't listening "Tyson." Tyson turns "How do you think you can win a championship if you let a no-good street punk beat you?" she shoves that mouthful in his face

'He's right' Thinks Tyson "Ok, DRAGOON ATTACK!!!"

Bruce knocks Dragoon out of the dish, but Dragoon recovers and comes flying right back in to defeat Bruce. He falls to his knees "How could I lose?" He asks no one in particular. Max and Kenny give a sigh of relief.

"Hey man, you have some nice moves of your own" comments Rei

Suddenly a purple blade comes out of nowhere, knocking the still spinning Dragoon straight in Rei's direction.

Max, Kenny and Tyson see what going on "REI!! LOOK OUT!!"

But Rei doesn't have time to move out of the way

{LOOK OUT!!}

Almost at his face, a blue blade knocks Dragoon out of the way and back to Tyson. Rei turns, shaking a little, to see Kai retrieve his blade.

"Kai!" shouts Tyson "Your back!"

Kai gives him a cold glare "I only came back because this team needs serious training."

"Yeah right" Max pats Kai on the shoulder "He loves us! That's why!" Kai gives him a glare so he quickly moves beside Tyson

Rei, unfortunately, wasn't paying attention. She sees a green-haired kid on top of a roof, laughing

'Uh oh, I really don't want to know if....'

{calm down. It's probably just a coincidence}

To Bruce, the green-haired guy shouts "Bruce, you are not good enough to be in the White tigers"

Bruce begs "No, please! I just got a nickname!"

The kid laughs again. It's sending chills up all the Bladebreakers backs cept Kai and Rei's. "What? King of losers? Well guess what? That's your new nickname! Now get out of here!"

Rei, though she really doesn't want to, looks up at the kid and gets a better look at him. "No! No way!" She stutters

Tyson notices Rei's shocked expression "Hey Rei, you know this kid?"

"Uh..I..uh" Rei stutters some more

The kid then turns and sarcastically says "Aw, Rei, this hurts. It really does that you haven't told them about me."

"Why would he?" asks Max

The kid chuckled "Cuz Rei and I go back, way back"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue; I forgot to give my thanks out to the people who inspired my story!

Kai; oh what a shame

Blue; Thank you Rei!

Rei; me?

Blue; with your long hair! I just thought you'd look cute.

Rei; -____-U righttttt....

Blue; ^____^ RnR pretty please!