Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei's Journey ❯ New Aquantance ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

' It's been two weeks after I left the village. I've beaten every blader that's challenged me and picked up on a few skills while I was at it. I haven't had time to write the White Tigers yet, been too busy. Maybe I'll do it tonight.'

Rei's walking through a park watching different bladers go at it.

'These kids have no idea what the heck their doing.' she thinks to himself, or so she thinks. ' If you blade you blade to be the best, at least I think that what you do.'

{These kids only want to have fun}

Rei jumps 10 feet in the air, literally, catching a few weird stares from some 5 year olds, the other kids in the park are too busy with their beyblades.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" she yells out loud

{No need to yell, yeesh, it's just me, Driger. I can talk to you telepathically, so you can watch the fun and talk to me at the same time. By the way, I think you just set a high jump record}

'Shaddap. At least I have somebody to talk to now' She smiles, then something snaps to her attention. 'Uh, Driger...'

{Yes, MISTRESS?} He stressed that last word, which gave her the answer she was looking for

'You don't mind?'

She feels him think to himself, then say {I've never had a female guardian before, but if the elders found you fit to use me, then so be it mistress}

She walks for a little while, then heads to the hotel she's staying in. 'You know, you don't have to keep calling me mistress, Rei is just fine.'

{Yes Miss..I mean Rei. This is gonna take some getting used to}

Rei and Driger hold some nice conversations on her way back to the hotel when a limo pulls up beside her and a pudgy little man with a white beard and hair steps out.

"Are you Rei Kon?" asks the man.

{Step AWAY from the doughnuts buddy} 'Be quiet'

"Yes sir, I am. How may I help you?"

The man steps forward. "I am Stanley Dickenson of the BBA Corporation. On behalf of the BBA I would like you to take part in a tournament in Japan in about a week from now. We have seen your skills and wish to create a team of highly skilled beybladers and were wondering if you were interested."

Rei had to let all the info sink in before she answered. "I would, but I don't exactly have enough money to get me to Japan and pay for a hotel room."

Mr. Dickeson laughed. "It's all right, my boy,"

{If only he knew} 'BE QUIET DRIG!! I'm trying to listen.'

"if you agree you won't pay for anything, the BBA will pay all the charges needed. In fact, we can start by getting you a better hotel room, the one you have is a dump."

She's stunned. "Uh, sir, I'm not meaning to be rude but how do you know so much about me?"

"I have sources Rei. Now, are you willing to help us? It will be an excellent opportunity to practise your beyblading skills at a tournament level."

'What do you think?'

{Well, the education department needs more funding, China and Japan are both overpopulating, our natural resources...}

'ABOUT THIS!!!'

{oh! Well, I'd have to say go for it. I want action!!!}

'you're a lot of help'

{thank you}

Rei turns to Mr. Dickenson who is patiently waiting for her...or his....answer. "I'm game. Sounds like fun."

"Thank you Rei. We really need your expertise and strategy on the team. Come now, lets get you into that new hotel room of yours." He leads Rei to his waiting limo.

{Were gonna kick some blaaaaade. Were gonna kick some blaaaaade!}

'will you shaddap? I'm getting a headache.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~a week later~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei is sitting in the locker room with all the other boys who have come to blade at the tournament waiting for her turn to blade.

"Did ya hear? Someone's threatened Kai! They say he's even better than him too!"

Rei turns to hear a bunch of boys gossiping behind her

{I thought only girls gossiped}

'anything can happen these days, Drig. I'd like to hear this.'

{Sorry}

She leans back to listen to the conversation more closely

"Yeah! I heard that Kai's even afraid of him."

"Well Kai should quit worrying about some lamo blader that's just shown up off the street with an ok beyblade and start worrying about us, right guys?"

"RIGHT!!" With all those kids shouts right behind her, Rei had to plug her ears.

{Hm, this Kai character sound pretty good}

'Whatever. Hey, were up.'

Rei leaves the locker room and heads to the dish. She looks around and sees all of her opponents

{This is gonna be a peace of cake!}

'I just remembered something'

"3-2-1" yelled Jazzman

{Hurry up!}

'I'm hungry'

{WHAT!!]

"LET IT RIP" he yelled into his microphone.

Rei took out all of her opponents in a matter of minutes and soon Jazzman had announced that she would be facing off against another blader the next day. She leaves to her hotel room.

When she gets in she orders herself a small pizza from room service. They said it would be up in about 30 minutes. She then goes into the bathroom, takes off her shirt and undoes the band around her chest that's flattening them. (SHE'S WEARING A SPORTS BRA PEEPS!!!)

"Ok, could I have been given an any bigger bust?" She asks herself sarcastically. She then turns back into her room and closes the blinds so no one will see.

"Their only C's. Hey, when you get on the team," Rei turns to find that Driger had materialized in her room. He's pretty big though, I mean, he's a tiger. "You gonna tell your team mates about you being a....."

"Girl?" She finishes for him.

"Yeah!"

"I didn't tell the people who saved my life, you think I'm gonna tell some complete strangers?" She asks sarcastically.

"My, aren't we moody today?" He jumps onto her bed, then curls up to watch over her as she brushes her hair.

"Yeah yeah yeah, not my fault I have mood swings"

He thinks about that for a minute then "Yeah, I guess it's really your father's isn't it? I mean when.."

She chucks her brush at him. "I really don't want to hear about the birds and the bees from a tiger, ok?" She smirks at the look he gives her. "From a tiger that hasn't even done it since...well, ever, isn't that right?"

"HEY!! THAT'S SO NOT TRUE! Why me and Galux....uh.."

She laughs and finishes brushing her hair after retrieving the brush. He tries to pout, but ends up scaring her "Oh, scared of me now are ya?"

She puts her ponytail back in. "Actually, I've never had a tiger sleeping in my room. Does that answer your question?"

"Yep. But here's another. What are we gonna do after supper?"

"I guess we could practise. I walked by the hot springs yesterday, there's a great spot to practise the Tiger Claw."

There's a knock at the door. She gets up to answer it (looking like a guy here peoples!!) While Driger lays down beside the bed so that he's not seen. She pays the man and he left.

After eating Driger returns to the blade and they headed down to practise. After about 30 mins of practise she feels like she is being watched and decides to show off by getting Driger to destroy a boulder a few feet away. Satisfied with Drigers performance and realizing that is past the time that she normally makes herself go to sleep at she leaves, hoping that she scared the person watching her.

The next day rolls around with Rei still sleeping, not for long though.

A large figure creeps from the window over to her bed and looks at the sleeping form of Rei. Smirking, it jumps on the bed and keeps jumping, making Rei go up in the air every time the figure came down. Rei wakes up and falls off the bed and looks up at a smiling Driger.

"Good morning sunshine, and how are you today?" He asks, then ducks narrowly avoiding a pillow that has been launched in his direction.

"I swear Drig, when I get my hands on you I will..." She starts then notices the clock. "AH!! I have to be there in an hour and I haven't even eaten yet!!!"

"Ha ha, sucker!!! See ya later!" He growls then returns to the blade leaving Rei to get ready on her own.

She makes it there with time to spare...barely...but then remembers how easy the matches were yesterday.

'And I woke up for this?' she whines to herself. She decides to watch the match before hers and heads to the stands. There, she got herself a good view of a blond kid in orange overalls and a grey haired kid in baggy blue pants and a muscle shirt. The grey-haired kid was obviously winning, the blond just didn't stand a chance.

{Hm, a guy plus a girl...wonder where this is gonna lead}

Blushing, she replies very defensively 'If you haven't forgotten, I have to pretend to be a guy, remember? And anyways I don't even know..'

The grey-haired guy had just knocked the blonds blade out of the dish to his neck where it broke the necklace the blond was wearing.

The referee, otherwise known as Jazzman, starts jumping up and down screaming "Kai is the winner of round one! We have one more match to go, can Max make a comeback? Will I ever get a raise? Stay in your seats, this match is turning interesting!"

{Ah, so that's Kai. Even better}

'You are so dead'

{WHAT!! I'm just voicing my opinions!}

As Rei watches, the blond, or Max, took a part from the necklace on the floor and put it in his beyblade.

'Hey Drig, is that a bit beast?'

{yep! Draciles the name, defence is the game. The turtle has a shell that I can't even penetrate}

'At least he'll stand a chance now'

Watching, Max pulled out a win. Kai did NOT look pleased

{Soar loser}

'Shut it'

Max tried his best in the next round, but Kai was just too much for him, he lost to Kai's bit beast, Dranzer.

{Oh great. The bird won a round now he thinks he's the king of the world!}

Rei gets up after sneaking one last look at the winner of the round then heads to the locker room to wait for her match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RnR