Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Revelations ❯ OMG ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Revelations

Chapter 1

OMG

It had been three weeks since Kai returned to them, and the tall boy was the same as he always was. Aloof, uncaring and impolite, but Tyson had paid no attention to that, all that. He was just so satisfied that they had at last reached Kai, made him see that the Blade Breakers were the only team for him, that they were his friends, true friends that would always care about him and would always be there for Kai, through thick and thin, through all the cruel words directed at him from the slate haired God. He wasn't a real God Tyson knew that, but the air that surrounded him the way he talked, moved, walked had a sense of power. And the combinations of his ivory skin, slate-blue hair, the blue triangles that decorated each of his cheeks and his eyes, crimson eyes; they all gave Kai a ghostly presence. It made him seem impervious, always there, always watching, but always just out of Tyson's reach.

Tyson knew what the others thought of him. They thought he was a little unintelligent, very obstinate and very immature; and he presumed that he was all of those things but what the others failed to notice was that Tyson - he was so much more than just what they could see. But he played up to their hopes, he teased, he mucked around, he smiled and laughed, but nobody saw the calm side of him. The side that shone through every once and awhile when something happened and Tyson was not capable of keeping his fence of sunlight whole.

"Aha, you have fallen to the power of the powerful Dragoon," shouted a successful voice.

"Yes, Tyson, you won," responded another more serenely. The boy bent to pick up his Blade. He looked up and grinned at his pal, blond hair falling into his azure stare.

"I knew that I'd defeat you one of these days, Max."

"You showed me." The two of them beamed at each other, slapped palms and did some strange handshake thing. "I'm getting a drink, you want something?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

"OK then, be back in a bit." And with that, the defense winner vanished.

Tyson looked to his left, to the quiet figure that dwelt in the shadows that the trees enclosing their training area cast. His crimson eyes were closed, arms crossed in front of him. He looked like someone who has been bored out of their brains. But Tyson knew better, he knew for certain that their leader had caught each feature of his practice match against his fellow teammate, Max. "You fought well against the defense methods of Max's Draciel," he uttered unemotionally. With each word he took a step closer to Tyson, and with ever step Tyson felt his heart pound faster in his chest, just like it always did when Kai is near.

Tyson lied around in Kai's words of admiration, his heart jumped to his throat, and his mind left him and in a not so uncommon show of complete foolishness he held close the object of love, his captain Kai. "Oh Kai, we are all so happy that you came back to us." But clandestinely Tyson added in his thoughts that he was content that Kai came back to him.

He never actually noticed that the other boy didn't return the embrace.

"Uhhh get off me," Kai spat out as he cruelly pulled himself from his teammate's grip. He was surprised at himself, at the affection he felt from the contact with his skin's and the dragon's.

Tyson fell, unable to recover his equilibrium since Kai pushed him. He dropped to his knees and swayed forward, the side of his head bashing against the backyard bench. He lay there for a moment or two, too confused to do more.

"Oh God, Tyson, are you OK?" shouted Max as he made his way to his close friend's side.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine," Tyson muttered as he moved violently to sit up. He only raised his head before his vision smudged and he fell down into Max's arms. Max held him and helped him up. Tyson stood on wobbly feet. He raised his head to meet Kai's eyes and he was surprised at the pain that he felt when he met his captain's stare. Sure, Kai was a prick sometimes, but he had never bodily hurt him, he had never raised his hand to Tyson.