Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Mirrors ❯ A meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shattered Mirrors

Pairings: Tal/Rei, Bry/Kai

Ages: Bryan: 20, Rei:18, Tala: 20, Kai: 19

Warnings: AU, Yaoi, and part can be taken as neglect.

Summery: Kai brings his cousin Tala to his boyfriend’s house. He didn't seem too surprised when Tala started to fall for the person Bryan considers a brother. And Rei, well he just can’t get enough of Tala. Will it all work out, or is just a dream?

Chapter One: A Meeting

*~*~*~*

Kai let him self into his boyfriends, Bryan’s, house, or soon to be ‘his’ house. Bryan’s parents were giving him the house, since he was responsible and had a well paying job. At the time, Bryan had acted like he didn’t care one way or another about it, but if you knew him you could tell that he liked the idea of living in the house he grew up in. Kai, truth be known, couldn’t wait to move in, if Bryan’s parents ever finished moving out.
Kai placed the keys on the table next to the door. Then hung both his and his cousin’s coats and kicked his shoes off. His cousin, Tala, fallowed his lead and did the same. Tala was a year older and 2 ½ inches taller then Kai. He was the opposite of Kai in every way, down to their looks. Kai had two toned blue hair and fire-ruby eyes as Bryan’s brother called them. Tala on the other hand had bright red or in terms of said brother would put it, fire-orange and Sapphire blue eyes. Both were muscular, but on a small level, with Tala looking more delicate between them.
“So…” his cousin asked, looking around. Kai knew what he was waiting for and led him down the hall to the living room. The room had been moved around after Bryan took the house. The TV and entertainment center still stood on the left wall, but know the couch was in the middle of the room, or close to it. The big arm chair was behind the couch next to the window, close to the fire place.
Bryan glanced up when they came in, giving Kai a small smile, before glancing at the red head. Bryan nodded towards him, recognizing him from the picture Kai cared in his wallet.
“Kai?” Tala called. Kai looked over at him, waiting for him to talk. “What is with the room?”
“Rei.” Kai answered in a tone that said that was all you needed to know, looking back at Bryan. Bryan was a tall, well built young man at 20, almost 4 inches taller then Tala. He had lilac hair, and lilac-silver eyes. Kai believed they were just lilac, but gave in when Rei wouldn’t end the argument of the color being a mix of silver and lilac.
Bryan’s parents were both lawyers, so they didn’t have much time to spend with Bryan when he was growing up. He had hated it till he met Rei. Rei lived down the street most of the time, but sometimes he was in China with his uncle, aunt, and cousins - Lee and Mao. Rei’s parents were business people-both- so he almost never saw them.
Kai came around the couch to sit with Bryan to find his spot already taken. “Who’s that?” Tala questioned.
“Rei.” Kai told him. Indeed Rei was curled up on the couch next to Bryan, his head in his ‘brothers’ lap. Rei’s long black hair was down for once, which went to his feet when he was standing. At the moment gold eyes were hidden behind eyelids as he slept peacefully, a purr coming from his slightly parted lips. He, like the other boys, was well built, strength hidden behind fragile looking features. “I didn’t know he was back from China.”
“He got back a few hours ago. Exhaustion, stress, and his cousins combined with jet-lag had him out the second he sat down.” Bryan told them, as he ran a hand threw the Neko-jin’s hair.
“Ok… Who’s Rei?” Tala asked, wondering why his cousin wasn’t getting jealous.
“In short terms, Bryan’s ‘adopted’ younger brother.” Kai told him. Tala gave him a look along the lines of ‘what the fuck’. “Bryan raised Rei since his parents are always away and busy.”
“Speaking of his parents, they called.” Bryan stated.
“Really, he must have been exited.” Kai commented.
“Not really. They called and told me they were selling the house and didn’t know what to do with him and wanted to know if I could take him off their hands.” Bryan told him, anger noticeable in his voice.
“It’s like they’re talking about a piece of furniture or a pet.” Tala muttered, shaking his head and Kai agreed.
“So, he’s moving into your old room?” Kai asked and Bryan nodded.
“Are one of you going to put him to bed then?” Tala questioned and they looked at him like he was insane. “So we can sit down.”
Bryan nods and gets up, picking Rei up as he did so. He walked over to Tala -who was raising an eyebrow at how easy Bryan was making it look- and more or less dumped Rei into Tala’s arms. To anyone else but Kai it might have looked like Bryan didn’t care if Rei got hurt, but the way he did it, he could have caught Rei before he fell, if needed.
“What?” Tala asked, looking down at Rei.
“First door on the right.” Bryan told him, pointing towards the stairs. Tala raised his eyebrow again. “You wanted the kitten moved; you can put him to bed.”
“Fine.” Tala stated, heading out of the room, missing his cousins remark ‘That wasn’t nice, not warning him.’
Tala made it upstairs with little difficultly, looking down at the younger boy in his arms. Tala was a little surprised at how light he was, guessing he weighed no more then 85 pounds, but then again he was no more then 5’ 2”. Tala shifted him, and opened the door, and walked in to a well kept bedroom. There was a desk, dresser, table, and bed. That was it, nothing on the walls or the floor, just the essentials. There were a few pictures on the night table and keepsakes on the dresser, and some papers on the desk.
Heading to the bed, he shifted Rei so he could pull the cover down. Tala laid him down and went to pull away to find that he couldn’t. Sometimes between leaving the living room and now Rei had tightly wound his shirt around his hand, holding it in a tight fist. Tala sighed, wondering how he was going to get out of this. Since he was getting a cramp from leaning over for to long, he laid down next to the younger boy. Covering them up, he wrapped an arm around Rei and did the only thing he could, he took a nap.

*~*~*~*

Bryan opened the bedroom door, and moved so Kai could come in front of him, then wrapped an arm around his waist. From where they stood they could tell that both the other boys were still sleeping.
“Looks like Tala’s a little brighter than you.” Bryan teased his boyfriend. Kai turned his head and glared at him.
“As if.” Kai told him.
“At least he was smart enough to lay down. You stood leaned over for over four hours, and then your back hurt for two days.” Bryan reminded him.
“Hey, I wanted to at least live long enough to get a kiss. I didn’t want to take the chance of you killing me because I got too close to your ‘beloved brother’.” Kai informed him. Bryan chuckled slightly, nodding his head. Rei shifted on the bed and Bryan let go of Kai. The two left the room, shutting the door behind them as a pair of gold eyes opened.
Rei blinked the sleep out of his eyes, wondering where he was. Shifting to sit up, his head rolled to lay against a strong chest. Blinking in confusion, he moved a little. He knew it wasn’t Bryan, 'cause he smelt like wild wind high in the mountains and Kai always smelt of herbs burning in fire. This person smelt of fresh snow and something he couldn’t place. Shifting a little, he looked up to see who it was, only to find the red head. He was laying on his side, an arm under his head as a pillow, the other was wrapped around Rei’s waist. ‘He looks familiar, but from where?’ Rei wondered, shifting again.
“Cant you lay still?” Tala asked sleepy as he opened one blue eye.
“Sorry.” Rei muttered a blush covering his cheeks.
“Don’t worry.” Tala assured him. He opened the other eyes as he sat up and stretched.
“Who are you?” Rei asked, slowly sitting up next to him.
“Names Tala, Kai’s cousin and as for you, you have one vice grip.” Tala teased, before yawning. He glanced over at the clock to find it had been close to three hours since he’d gotten there with Kai, making it close to 2:30. Time for a late lunch. He turned back to find the blush back on Rei’s cheeks. “We should go see if they made anything for lunch.”
“I doubt it, neither of them can cook.” Rei told him, all evidence of the blush gone.
“Takeout?” Tala asked, getting a shack of the head. “Leftovers?” Rei paused to think for a second, then surged. Tala got out of bed, and headed toward the door.
“What are you going to do?” Rei asked, moving to get off the bed.
“Order takeout.” he answered. He headed downstairs, Rei followed close behind.
“Umm…Tala?”
“Hmm?” Tala asked, stopping to look back at the Neko-jin, to find the blush back.
“I can cook something if you're hungry.” He mumbles quietly, shifting feet.
Tala chuckled. “Alright, I’m going to go to the living room, ok?”
“Yeah.” Rei told him, heading into the kitchen to do one of his favorite things. Tala headed into the living room, and found Bryan and Kai on the couch. Bryan was watching TV while Kai was trying to get his attention to make-out. Both looked over when he entered.
“Well, there’s sleeping beauty number one, where’s number two?” Bryan asked, looking behind Tala.
“Kitchen.” He answered, and both young men brightened up. “Have I missed something?”
“Yeah. Rei’s cooking. Once you’ve had it you can't go back.” Kai told him. Tala looked at his cousin, wondering if he’d gone insane or if it just had to do with the people he was with. [1]
“You’ll understand soon enough Tala.” Bryan told him. Tala nodded as he came over to sit on the couch, turning his attention to the TV, and raised an eyebrow.
“Who picked this?” Tala asked.
“Bryan.”
“Cool, I love this movie.” Tala told him. His cousin let out a sigh, slumping into the back of the couch in defeat, looks like he was going to have to watch Dirty Dancing. “How long are we into it?”
“About 30 minutes.” Bryan answered, not looking away from the movie. The three, or actual Bryan and Tala watched the movie while Kai pouted. The end credits were just starting to roll when Rei came in informing them that lunch was ready. The four made there way into the kitchen. On the small table, Rei had a meal closer to something that you’d expect for dinner. The four sat down, and Kai caught the look in Tala’s eyes.
“Rei doesn’t believe in big dinners, he says it’s bad for your health.” Kai told him, and Tala gave him a skeptical look.
“It’s true! You can't digest all that food before you lay down to sleep.” Rei told him, nodding his head. “It’ll kill you if you're not careful.”
“Your one strange cookie.” Tala muttered, taking a bit of food. He blinked in shock at the way everything tasted. “You made this?”
“Yeah. I’m not the best of cooks, but it won’t kill you, I promise.” Rei assured him; a light blushed covering his high cheek bones again.
“Stop being modest Rei.” Bryan told him, then continued his lunch.
“But I’m not! I’m not that good of a cook.” Rei told him, shaking his head.
“Who told you that?” Tala asked, and was surprised when Rei looked close to crying.
“No one have. No matter how good I cooked, Mum and dad still wouldn’t eat it. I can’t cook or else they would have eaten dinner with me.” Rei told him.
“Rei, you could be a five star chief and they still wouldn’t find time to eat what you made for them.” Kai told him. Tala wasn’t sure why he felt like agreeing, other then the fact that the food was the best he’d ever eaten.
“But…”
“Kai’s right Rei.” Bryan told him, something in his voice saying this was a well argued issue.
“No, they would… will. Once I get better.” Rei told him.
“Rei.” Tala called, getting his attention. “If they don’t, they will never know what they are missing. You’re a good cook.”
“Th-thank you Tala.” Rei stuttered out, the blush back once again. Kai and Bryan shared a look and smile at Rei’s obvious crush on the red head. Tala nodded his head, and continued to eat, oblivious to the whole thing.
They finished eating in silence, and to Tala’s own surprise, he offered to help Rei with the dishes. Rei had smiled brightly and thanked him. Now the two were just finishing when Kai came in.
“Tala, you staying then night or going back to my place or are you heading out?” he asked.
“I leave tomorrow.” he told him, and Kai nodded.
“Do I need to get the guest room ready then?” Rei asked confused as to what was going on. He wasn’t sure if that meant he was staying or that he’s be in town till tomorrow.
“Yes.” Kai told him, and Rei nodded. He handed the last clean dish to Tala and headed out of the room. He knew that Bryan had moved to his parents old bedroom and figured that Bryan would rather Rei sleep in his old room then Tala. He entered the guest room to find Bryan sitting on the already made bed.
“Bryan?” he asked, coming on in. Bryan patted the bed next to him, and Rei sat down.
“Kitten, what do you think of Tala?” Bryan asked, wanting to talk to Rei about his feelings.
“I…Umm…” Rei stuttered, a blush that could rival Tala’s hair on his cheeks.
“Do you like him?”
“Y-yes.” Rei stuttered out again, shifting uncontrovertibly.
“Mm.” Bryan acknowledged. He knew that Rei would either continue or not say another word.
“Is…Is that ok?” Rei asked. When it came down to it the only person’s opinion that really mattered was Bryan’s. His parents did, but Bryan’s meant so much more to him.
“Of course it is,” Bryan told him. “If it makes you happy.”
“I’m not sure.” Rei muttered, blush starting to die down.
“I’m sure you will soon enough.” Bryan assured him. Rei smiled at him, blush almost gone. “Kitten?”
“Yeah Bry?”
“Your parents called.” He stated, glancing over towards Rei to see his face light up.
“Really?!” Rei exclaimed, and Bryan nodded. “What did they say?”
“They’re selling the house.”
“Then what’s going to happen to me?” Rei asked his smile fading.
“You're moving in.” Bryan answered, then he got up and left the room.
The rest of the night went slowly. Rei and Tala stayed up and watched a movie. The next day Tala left and Rei was acting weird.

*~*~*~*
[1] Wonder if that includes Tala himself? Hmm…

Well what do you guys think so far? This will have another chapter, maybe two, or more. Depends on how I fell and how I write it.


Review, because I could use you opinion and maybe a few suggestions.