Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Are just Hard to Forget ❯ What They Didn't Expect ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kurayami24: Wooh….second half…^_^
Last Time:
“Rick wanted to talk to Mariah? For what?” Ray asked, confused.
“That's exactly what we wanna know.” Max told him. “Hillary thinks that it's because Rick wants to ask Mariah out on a date, but that can't be true. Rick isn't one to ask girls that he hardly knows out on a date.”
“Where'd they go? I wanna get to the bottom of this.” Ray asked, anxious for an answer since he had a secret crush on Mariah for quite some time now. (A/N: ^_^)
Chapter 2: What They Didn't Expect
"I think I heard them say something about going out back." Tyson told his long time friend.
"Thanks Tyson." Ray told him, sincerely glad that Tyson told him. "I'm going to go see what they're talking about, okay? Anyone want to come?"
Sigh. "I might as well. I can't get in any more trouble with Rick than I already am in." Max said as he walked up to Ray and stood by his side.
"Anyone else?"
"YES!" Everybody screamed as they all ran up to Ray and Max.
"Um...okay... so we'll all go." Ray said as they started walking in the direction the two went in.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Rick and Mariah - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"So Rick, what did you want to talk about?" Mariah asked when they finally found a place to sit.
"I wanted to thank you." Rick said, blushing ever-so-slightly.
"For what?" Mariah asked, confused.
"For a few days ago when you told me that Beyblading was for fun and nothing else."
"Oh, well...you're welcome!" Mariah said, a smile blossoming on her face.
"Well, yeah. That's really all that I wanted to see you about...so... I guess I'll be going now." Rick said as he stood up, closely followed by Mariah.
"Okay, Rick. Well, I'll be seeing you also." Mariah said as the two made their way back to the locker room, but not before they noticed a group of people going in their general direction.
"Hey Mariah, whatcha bet that they are the rest of my team and some of yours?" Rick asked as he turned to face Mariah.
"I'd say that you're right. I wonder why they're all out here."
"Rick! Mariah! There you two are! Where'd you go off to!" Ray asked as he spotted them.
"Oh... no-where. We were just talking, that's all." Mariah said as she watched the rest of the group make their way towards them.
"So Rick. Did ya get the girl?" Michael asked, anticipating a 'yes'.
"What are you idiots talking about?" Asked a completely confused Rick.
"Weren't you taking Mariah out here to ask her out on a date?" Tyson asked as he to became confused.
"Me? Ask Mariah out on a date?" Rick asked as he stole a glance at Mariah who was also looking towards Rick. "Of course not. Why would you think of that?"
"Because it looked like you would." Miguel finally spoke up as laughter reached his and everybody elses ears. "What's so funny?"
"All -giggle- that Rick -snort- wanted to tell me -laugh- was that he was thankful!" Mariah laughed out as tears began to form in her eyes.
"Thankful? For what?" Ray asked, looking from one person to the other.
"For telling me the real reason why people beyblade." Rick said as he unsuccessfully tried to hold in his laughter.
"Oh."
"So that's why you left when you told me that you wanted to go out for a walk." Max said, afraid of what Rick would do, let alone say.
"Max? I thought I told you not to follow me!" Rick said as he ran up to a frightened Max.
"I'm sorry, but you have to learn to speak about where you are going and what you are doing so we don't assume what you are doing or where you are going!"
"I guess that I could do that..." Rick said thoughtfully. 'For a little time maybe.'
"You better. Now let's all get something to eat! I'm starved!" Max said as he turned to everybody else.
"Yeah!"
The moral of this story? Never assume what one is doing when they want to meet someone, you could be right on target, or way off target.
"Hey, wait a minute. Where's Lee?"
A/N: So how was it? R&R Please!
^_^ There's a possibility of a sequel, be out for the watch of it!