Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Syndicate ❯ Decision ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Syndicate Ch.2

Rukiabi: Wait a second, I'm not exactly late in updating am I? Err…. Man I wrote so much more than my last chappy..

Disclaimer: All characters of Beyblade are © of Aoki Takao.



Fluffy-white clouds hung in the air of an afternoon-bright blue sky, moving ever so slowly from the continuous push of the high winds.

A dark cloaked figure stood underneath the shadow of a giant satellite looking down upon the busy traffic of the streets below from atop a high rise building. Behind him, a very slim man wearing a black dress shirt and pants, accompanying his snake-like face, hobbled out of his hiding place from behind the miniature protruding building leading to the exit door from the roof. “Heh!” the man sneered. “I`ve gone and passed through every one of your stupid obstacles. Your traps have nothing on me, even with this permanent limp of mine.”
 
The cloaked figure made no response or any indication of acknowledgement of the boasting intruder. “So, you're the last obstacle that I'm supposed to be afraid of,” the slim intruder said as he began taking steps towards the figure, “the last obstacle that I'm going to tear down, hey?”
 
The slim man stopped two metres away from his so-called last obstacle. But the figure didn't so much as move and continued to stand on the very edge of the building keeping his back towards the intruder and allowing the strong winds to blow and billow his dark cloak. The very slim man reached towards the side of his pants, towards his black leather belt, and pulled out a sleek, jet black pistol. “From this angle, I could shoot you down in less than half a second.”
 
Wind continued to blow through thick hair and the clothes of the occupants of the rooftop. A particular large cloud covered the sun as it passed and created a large area of darkness and anticipation over where the two opponents stood. When the cloud had passed, the dark cloaked figure turned his shadowed face to the side and smirked.

- - - - - - - - -
 
Here he was. This had been the moment that he had been expecting. He was standing on the sidewalk across the street of a fifty story tall building. Everything that he had gone through in the past had led him to that exact spot where he stood. The passing pedestrians, the trafficking cars, the sounds, the time… but, why? Why had he chosen to walk that path, to take that opportunity given to him? Wait, what opportunity? He could have stayed the same. He could have chosen to live the rest of his life peacefully shelving away books and helping customers with heavy packages carry them to their cars. He could have lived that way but…. Why?
 
`Because I don't want to'

- - - - - - - - - - -
 
Dear Kinomiya Tyson-san,

Do you wish for a change in your life?

..….

If so, if you truly believe you are ready to take that step forward, we will be waiting for you.
 
-BBA

”BBA? What is that supposed to stand for?” `What is this really? A joke? No… There isn't anyone who really knows me or anyone who would even care to pull a prank on me.'
 
`This is no joke,' Tyson thought as he stood there in front of his door still staring at the piece of paper that had been slid underneath his door and purposely fallen into his hands. The person or persons who had sent this to him were aware of his existence. Maybe they even knew who he truly was… how long though had they known of him? How did they find out about him? Was he being spied on? Targeted in amidst of some evil plot? And yet more questions came to Tyson's mind as he continued to stand there, his fingers beginning to leave crumpled imprints where they held the paper.
 
“Arrghhh!!” Tyson yelled in frustration as he brought both his hands over his head, still clutching the life moving message. He couldn't take this anymore. No, he had to get to work! If he didn't leave now, he would be late- and he was NEVER late. He took one last look at the message- `Do you wish for a change in your life?'- and felt something strange, almost like an invisible tug at his heart, before he threw the letter in an incomprehensible direction into the air, grabbed the key for the lock, ran out of apartment and back into his daily routine of his once peaceful life. The letter floated down and, surprisingly, landed safely atop the kitchen counter, three metres away from where Tyson had discarded his newfound distraction.

- - - - - - - -
 
Bell chimes rung from the sudden contact with the swinging anomaly. “Ohayo, Ms. Kincaide! Sorry if I'm late!” Tyson gave the store owner a sheepish look.
 
Ms. Kincaide, a brown, mouse-haired and middle aged lady wearing a pair of round spectacles turned around from her place behind some numerous stacks of books encircling her. “Oh Tyson! Why, that's simply nonsense. You're right on time as always.” The lady gave Tyson a warm smile. “Could you possibly help me here? I seem to be in a bit of a fix.”
 
“Oh, sure!” Tyson immediately leaped forward to help Ms. Kincaide carry the large stacks of books around her to their respective shelves. “We just received the large order of books from Books Sanseido so you've certainly got your work cut out for you today!”
 
“Yeah.” Tyson nodded. This was what he should do. This was what he could do and would do for the remainder of his existence. It wasn't as if he didn't enjoy the job, in fact, he really liked it. He really enjoyed reading. They always had a way of pulling him out of reality and into a whole new world. That must have been the reason why he had chosen to work in the bookstore in the first place, to not only gain an income working with the things that he loved, but also to … to escape from reality?
`Do you wish for a change in your life?'

”I… don't know...”
“Don't know what, Tyson?”
“Oh! Ms. Kincaide! Sorry I- uh, it's nothing.” It was the first time he had ever been distracted from his work. He had even placed some horror genre books into the children's books only basket.
“I was calling you but you seemed to be off in a different world. What were you thinking of, Tyson?”
`That letter…'
“Hey, Ms. Kincaide… would it be alright if I take tomorrow off from work?” Tyson watched the mouse-haired lady turn back to climbing a mini ladder and stacking some hard cover fantasy books on top of the shelves. He had never missed a day of work ever since he had started working there so of course he had never asked for a day off. Because this was the first time, he wasn't sure how Ms. Kincaide would take it. She would probably think it weird for him to ask of something like that all of a sudden out of the blue, especially from someone like him who didn't seem interested in taking a break. And, well, he hadn't been, that is, until now.
But instead of receiving a strange reaction or expression, Ms. Kincaide smiled softly to herself, as if secretly knowing the reason why he had asked the question. “You're still so young.”

”Ms. Kincaide?”
The store owner turned and showed her approving smile to Tyson. “You have a lot of things ahead of you Tyson and truthfully, I can handle things here on my own.” Ms. Kincaide raised an arm and attempted to flex her muscles. “I used to be a third year arm wrestling champion after all! Tyson, a person like you has too much to look forward to. Someone such as yourself doesn't belong here, although I couldn't appreciate your help more.”
“Ms. Kincaide, what are you saying?”
Her eyes sparkled. “You've found that something to look forward to, havn't you?”

- - - - - - - - -

When I got home after work, the letter was still there waiting for me.
 
“Huh? An address?” Below the unknown abbreviation that was `BBA', on the very bottom of the page and in size 8 font held an address to the senders of the message.

8054 Madison Avenue
Bay City
“Something to look forward to, huh?”

- - - - - - - - - -
He crossed, or more specifically jaywalked, the busy road towards the tall looming building that was the said place in the address left to him in the letter. His whole body felt stiff in a mixture of curiosity, anticipation, and excitement. He was now in front of the doors. Once he went through those doors, he wouldn't be able to turn back. He had traveled by sky train and bus in order to get there and he wasn't going to put all that effort into vain. `Ous!' he thought to himself. He could do it. As soon as Tyson walked through the set of electronic sliding doors, he immediately turned his attention to the reception desk where a blond youth looking about the same age as himself stood chatting away happily to the receptionist. The blond seemed to have sensed the gaze and turned around to meet eye contact with him.
`That guy..' Tyson thought. Their gazes held for almost a minute before the blond broke eye contact and calmly strode towards an elevator at the end of the room. Without waiting too long, the elevator door opened and the blond haired boy disappeared within.
Tyson narrowed his eyes. This place was definitely different. He walked towards the receptionist and to the same lady that had just recently spoken with the blond. “Welcome to the BeyBlade Association, how may I help you?”
`BeyBlade Association? That must be what those abbreviations mean.' “Hi, um, my name is Kinomiya Tyson. I was given a letter-“
 
“Oh yes, Mr. Kinomiya.” The receptionist calmly answered. “We have been expecting you. Please proceed to an elevator and ride it to floor 35. Then continue along the right side of the hallway to Conference room 308.”
“Err, thanks.” Tyson started towards the same elevator that the blond had entered and pushed the up button. When the doors opened, he walked in and placed a hand on the elevator railings as he began ascending. `They had been expecting me… which means that they were pretty sure that I would come.' When the doors opened once again, Tyson followed the receptionist's instructions and walked along the right side of the hallway from the elevator until he stood outside the Conference room 308. What could be lying in wait for him behind those doors? Well, it definitely wasn't anything physically dangerous that much he was sure. Well, it was now or never. Tyson knocked on the doors.
 
A somewhat gruff voice spoke up from within. “Come in.”
 
Tyson turned the long handle of the doorknob and opened the door. He peered in to find-- a long and oval-shaped black wooden table with five people seated at the end of it. The wall opposite of the doors and where he was standing was not a wall at all but a huge from-ceiling-to-floor window. A white-haired and balding at the same time man made a gesture towards a seat farther down the table from them but not so far away as there were twelve seats stretching along the length of the table, with one seat right in front of the window and indicating where the head and director sat.
Tyson took a seat two seats away from a black haired boy with particularly pointy ears. He turned to face Tyson and smiled. Something twitched in the back of his mind but he pushed it away as the Director began speaking, “I am sure you are greatly curious as to why we have invited you here. But first, let us introduce ourselves to you. I am Mr. Dickenson. I am the director of the BeyBlade Association that is the cover for the BitBeast Acquisition, of which I am also the director of.” Mr. Dickenson's fluffy white mustache bobbed up and down as he had said this with extreme calmness.
“I'm Mizuhara Max.” The blond sitting to the right of Mr. Dickenson made a salute. Tyson noted that it was the same blond that he had briefly made eye contact with in the lobby of the building. “This neko-jin beside me here is called Kon Rei.” Max waved a hand towards the black haired boy who once again smiled lightly and said “Hey.”
“Ahem!” Tyson turned his attention to the brown haired boy sitting opposite of Rei whom, strangely enough, had a pair of glasses atop his head and unseen eyes covered by huge masses of brown hair. “I'm Kenny, also known as the Chief. I specialize in designing the beyblade parts for the BeyBlade Association but also mainly undercover research for the BitBeast Acquisition. Max and Rei there are two of our main agents in finding and capturing of BitBeasts, that is to say, the main goal and job of the BitBeast Acquisition is to find and capture these ancient souls called BitBeasts. It may not seem believable now, but BitBeasts do exist.”
“You mean the long eel-like creature that came out of one of the children's fantasy books last month.”

”Yes,” Kenny nodded to Tyson in approval of how quickly he came to believe his exclamations. “And there are more of these BitBeasts all over the world. Though, the BitBeast Acquisition has their headquarters here because we've found that this city and area has the most BitBeasts so far encountered.”
Mr. Dickenson laced his fingers together and continued off from where Kenny had ended, “The reason why we have called you here is to see if you are interested in becoming a member of The BitBeast Acquisition.”
“And if I'm not?” Tyson dared.

”Then we will allow you to go free at the promise and contract that you not speak of any of the details that we have told you here today to anyone in anyway.” Tyson's attention perked to the last speaker who had yet to introduce himself.
“This man beside me is, if you will,” Mr. Dickenson nodded his head to the pale navy blue haired man sitting to his left who nodded back and turned to face Tyson, “My name is Kinomiya Hiroshi, but call me Hiro for short.” `Kinomiya Hiro?' Tyson narrowed his eyes at Hiro but said nothing. “Believe it or not but we are believed to be brothers.”
“Brothers??” Tyson exclaimed. “Yes,” Hiro responded, “other than the obvious fact that we look too much alike,” to which Tyson nodded as if finally discovering that the speaker was his mirror image, “I remember my mother had been pregnant before she had left my father and I. It's very likely that that child was you. If it is true that we are siblings, then you may have just found yourself a family. You would no longer have to live alone.”
Tyson's head was spinning like mad. He had a family? There were people who actually wanted him around?
“The only way for you to find out if we truly are related is if you get a blood testing here in one of our labs. But of course, us being family has nothing to do with the situation here other than the fact that if you choose not to become a member, then I'm afraid you will have to return back to the life that you were living before that letter ever came to you. You will forget that that event ever happened and go back to shelving books as you had always done.”
“So basically, you're forcing me to join the BBA, is that it?”
“No, that's not exactly it. It's against the rules to involve with those who are unrelated to our cause. It's not fair for them. Even if we were family, you would not be allowed to live with me because of my job. I am the coordinator of the agents. I also work as an agent most times myself as well. Our work isn't fun and games. It's dangerous and serious. If you can't handle it then you are not fit to be a Sentoki. But back to forcing you to join, yes, we would like you to join as we do need more members. It's been found that you have an exceptional sensitivity to be able to detect the BitBeasts and your powers are greatly needed to help not only us but to enforce a safer environment for others as well. But the choice is still entirely up to you. Whether you join or----“
The window shattered. Shards of glass broke inward as Max threw himself over Mr. Dickenson and together they hit the floor along with Rei, The Chief, and Hiro whom also ducked to the ground or underneath the table as two dark mangled figures flew through the flying pieces of glass. And it was in that moment that time had seemed to slow down exponentially and Tyson, who had stood up in amidst of the whole event rather than duck, felt the wind created by the cloak of the dark figure, passing by him in an extremely slowed paced. The figure turned his head to the side while still in mid-air and made eye contact with Tyson.
 
Crimson met mahogany.
And then time returned to its normal pace, the cloaked figure landed on one knee upon a still-less corpse whose black dress shirt and pants were burning with small flames. The figure stood up from his crouched position. When the dual toned haired figure turned around to face the BitBeast Acquisition members, some already starting to stand, he spoke with cold grey eyes, “Sorry I'm late.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
Rukiabi: Yay! I am done the second chappy hurrah! I can't believe I did it! Now, just give me a three month vacation and maybe I'll be happy to continue this again after ^ ^;;
 
Merow, what are those things that lead to the entrance/exit to and from the rooftops called? Tyson is so OOC, sorries ;.;