Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ T-blade ❯ No Time ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rain: Olleh!
 
Kai: What?
 
Rain: Olleh is `hello' backwards.
 
Kai: . . . I see.
 
Rain: No you don't. But that's yako!
 
Kai: what?
 
Rain: Never mind. Just say the disclaimer.
 
Kai: Rain doesn't own Beyblade or its characters. She does own T-Blade, the angels, Triton, and Emmeline. Who's Emmeline?
 
Rain: The newspaper reporter in the prologue. I like her name.
 
Kai: Ah.
 
Rain: No htiw eht retpahc!
 
Kai: Huh?
 
* * *
 
{{Tyson & Ari}}
 
~Wiz ~
 
&Mary&
 
^^Chrys^^
 
+Teresa+
 
“Speech”
 
/Kai's thoughts/
 
* * *
 
He blinked away the sweat in his eyes as he studied the girl. She was a pretty thing; he'd get a good price for her if the employer didn't show. He smirked and took a drag on his cigarette. Yeah, this was a good deal, no matter how it played out.
 
“Hey, Mike!”
 
Mike rolled his eyes and looked at the goon next to him, annoyed. If he hadn't been told to bring extra muscle he never would have hired the idiot. Why they though he'd need extra muscle for this shrimp of a girl made no sense to him- she hadn't even put up much of a fight before they got the mask on her.
 
“Mike!” He grimaced and turned completely. “What is it Jake?”
 
“Can I take a break? I wanna drink.” He rolled his eyes again.
 
“No, Jake.” He said sarcastically. “I need you here for when she wakes up and starts throwing fire.”
 
Jake looked at him blankly.
 
He cast a despairing glance at the heavens. “Get out of here.”
 
That phrase he understood. “Hey, thanks man!”
 
“Yeah, yeah.” Muttering about nuisances and idiots he sat back down and went back to staring at the girl, hearing the door open. Was it just him, or had she just moved?
 
A draft hit him.
 
“Jake, shut the door.” He commanded without turning around. It must have been a trick of the light- she was still sleeping like a log.
 
No movement.
 
“Jake, shut the freakin' door.”
 
Once again, no one responded.
 
Cursing he stood up and turned around, just in time to catch Jake as the huge man fell. Scowling he sank to his knees and shook the man. “Jake! What the-?”
 
He froze. Jake's eyes stared up at him blankly from his white face. Her jerked his head up and looked in horror at the boy- man- shadow- person- was it human? He couldn't tell- in the doorway. Finally the shadows melted away leaving behind the coldest pair of eyes he had ever seen.
 
“Sorry,” the boy said softly- and he was a boy, though how someone his age came by eyes like those, Mike would never know- “Jake isn't here right now.”
 
And the last thing he saw was the boy stepping around them and out of his vision as something hot engulfed him completely. His last thought was `Oh look- she really does throw fire.'
 
And everything went black.
 
* * *
 
^^ Have you found anything, Mary? ^^
 
&Nothing.&
 
Chrys sighed running a hand through her hair. They'd been searching for nearly 10 minutes now, ten minutes that had taken far too long. She didn't blink when she felt Ari's emotions spiral out of control, to busy maintaining a firm grip on her own.
 
It was always like this. One of them got hurt or injured, another's emotions started going haywire because of it, and then the whole team fell. That's why she always told people that their team had a delicate balance.
 
The scenario of not being able to find one of them was all too familiar, however. It used to happen all the time.
 
Sigh again she allowed the old memory to play through her mind.
 
FLASH BACK
 
Project 03 pouted at the door of the confinement room. The confinement room was always utterly boring- gray walls, gray door, gray floor, gray cot (you couldn't even bounce on it!), gray clothes, gray light . . . Honestly, were they trying to bore her to death?
 
P03 found their idea of `confinement' amusing, in a way. She could out of here any time she liked; but the confinement room was always better then the check up. In a way, it was also better then their bedrooms- music was always playing in the bedrooms, making it impossible to hear about the outside.
 
She LOVED hearing about the outside. Some of the Watchers would talk about parks and schools, and children with pretty names like Jenny and Rose. Then they would start talking about the kids' achievements, like prizes they had won and scores they had gotten on tests, and P03 would stop listening. Hearing about what the other kids did always made her unhappy, because she knew she would never get to do stuff like that. She knew because they had said so, outside this door. And they knew everything.
 
Today however no one was talking about the kids. In fact, they were talking so quietly P03 almost didn't hear them.
 
Almost.
 
“So they're going to try to kill one of them?”
 
“For gods' sake John, don't talk about it like that! You make us sound like murderers. They aren't even human.”
 
“Sorry, sorry. Are they really though?”
 
P03 tilted her head to the side. What were they talking about?
 
“Yes. They're going to, er, attempt it on Project 02.”
 
P03's eyes went wide. She wasn't stupid- none of them were- and you didn't have to be a genius to figure out was going on. They were going to kill P02!
 
She couldn't get out herself- then they'd know about her hearing, and Light said to make sure not to tell them- so her only hope was that Light or Dark were in a position to help P02.
 
Taking a deep breath- using telepathy always gave the projects headaches- she called out to them.
 
^^ Light, Dark, help! ^^
 
FLASH FORWARD
 
That had been the beginning. After that it was a race of time to get Mary, P02 out in time, and the rest of them out with her. They had just been lucky that Ari and Ty had had plans for this sort of emergency.
 
FLASH BACK
 
P03 looked up as Dark snuck into their room, his long blue hair nearly catching in the door.
 
P01 sat up next to her. “Dark!” they exclaimed together. Dark brought a finger to his lips and smiled, walking over and speaking quietly.
 
“We have to hurry. P04 and Light are getting P02, and we need to meet them by the front door.”
 
Both girls blinked. “There's a front door here?” P01 asked even as the stood up and took one of Dark's hands.
 
Dark grinned. “Yep. Light and I discovered it a while back.”
 
Not for the first time, P03 found herself jealous of Light and Dark. The watchers had no idea that either of them existed, much less lived right under their noses. Pushing that aside, she finally asked the question she had been dying to when Light and Dark had first started racing around, getting things ready to keep them from killing P02.
 
“Dark, what are we doing?”
 
Dark's smiled turned almost feral. “ We're breaking out.”
 
And before she could ask another word he yanked them both into the darkness.
 
FLASH FORWARD
 
Of course, later they found out that Ty and Ari had completely wiped out the security system, knocked out the guard dogs (and a lot of the guards, just for kicks), as well as getting in contact with a man on the outside. He was also fighting Biovault.
 
FLASH BACK
 
They were jogging along one of the buildings endless hallways (gray yet again- what was it with these people and the color gray?) and for once P03 was grateful for the rigorous physical training the watchers put them through daily.
 
P01 had other things on her mind. “Dark?”
 
The boy looked at the girl warmly, and P03 felt slightly put out at the strength of their bond. “Yes?”
 
“Once we get out of here, where will we go?”
 
P03 nearly drew up short at the question. She hadn't even considered that.
 
Dark merely smiled lovingly. “We've already taken care of it. A couple months back Light heard one of the scientists talking about a man working against Biovault- Biovault is the name of the corporation that owns this building. Anyway, we did some digging, and about two weeks ago we finally made contact with Mr. Dickenson. When he found out how you guys were being treated he wanted to send people in here himself, but we convinced him to just have somebody waiting to get us out of here.”
 
How do you do `some digging' on the outside when you can't leave the building? P03 thought bitterly, then immediately pushed the thought back forcefully. Light and Dark weren't trapped here, and never had been; in fact, she wasn't entirely sure of why they stayed. They didn't really talk about themselves much.
 
She bet it had something to do with P01, however.
 
FLASH FOREWARD
 
She had been right. Though her powers had been to underdeveloped at the time for her to sense it (stupid biovault scientists) Ty and Teresa, or rather, Dark and Fire were soulmates. There powers were a constant worry to all of them- only Ari and Ty really knew how they worked, and they refused to tell.
 
Brats.
 
All she knew was that to her the air was practically a living being, her friend, her sibling, and seemingly a part of her.
 
~ Wind, Earth. ~
 
Wiz's voice suddenly filled their minds and the fact that she had used their proper names caused them to straiten up and listen.
 
~ Biovault has taken Fire. We don't know where she is, but Dark does, and he left before we could get to him. ~
 
Chrys and Mary simultaneously started cursing causing someone behind the to choke. She whorled around and blinked up into Ray's face. Before she could say anything, however, Wiz started to speak again.
 
~ Light wants you two to take them and go find Mr. Dickenson. She also says to move fast and worry about the consequences later. ~
 
Mary and Chrys exchanged looks. If Light was telling them to disregard the consequences of using their powers then things were worse then they had initially thought.
 
&Why isn't Light telling us this?& demanded Mary while ignoring Max's attempts to catch her attention.
 
~ She's busy. ~ snapped Wiz. ~ Now hurry up! ~
 
And as she broke the link they both finally turned to Ray and Max.
 
* * *
 
Rain: (Blinks) Wow, that was a long chapter.
 
Kai: It wasn't that long. I wasn't even in it.
 
Rain: It was long for me, idiot, and you'll be in the next one.
 
Kai: Whatever.
 
Rain: Also, did I do something wrong last chapter? Nobody reviewed!
 
Kai: (smirks) you're just a crappy writer.
 
Rain: (Cries)
 
Yami Rain: Please review, and she'll try to have the next chapter out soon. (Knocks Kai out and carries the still crying Rain out of the room)
 
Tyson: (sweatdrops) sorry about that. She's been rather emotional lately.