Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chibi Curse ❯ Kai ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two: Kai
Everyone had to get up early that morning after the curse. It was the Biggest Tournament in the world and they were expected to win! That meant getting up even earlier then usual to get in that tiny bit more practice, by Kai’s orders. Tyson lay in his warm bed when he felt a hard pull on his hair.
“WAKE UP!”
Tyson simply groaned and tried to pull the covers back over his head. An even hard pull on his hair followed with someone literally screaming in his ear.
“WAKE UP!!!”
Tyson quickly sat and was ready to punch the person’s lights out when he saw the eyes. They were way to be to be normal eyes and they were a lovely shade of brown. Tyson pulled back so he could see the face better, it had two blue lines on either side of the cute face and wild grey/blue hair.
“Kai?” Tyson looked questionably at the naked Chibi that was sitting on his bed.
The small boy nodded.
“Um…what do you want?”
Kai grabbed Tyson’s hair again “You play with me, NOW!!”
“Don’t you want to get dressed first?”
“Play now!”
“You need to get dressed and…”
“Now!”
“And I need to eat and…”
“NOW!” Kai once again pulled hard on Tyson’s hair.
“Kai Stop it!” Yelled Tyson as he pulled his hair away form the boy. Kai had jumped with fright when Tyson yelled and his eyes began to water and his lower lip began to tremble.
“Oh! Kai don’t, please don’t cry” said Tyson as he lifted the boy up and placed him in to his lap. “Look, I’ll make a deal with you, we’ll have to get you some clothes and then we’ll eat and then we’ll play all you want”
“Promise?” 
“Promise”
“Okay”

Suddenly Ray and Max burst in to the room both smiling.
“Hey Tyson isn’t it great not one of us has turned in to a chibi and
…” Max’s word ran short as he stared in disbelief at the boy in Tyson’s arms.
“Tyson that isn’t who I think it is, is it?” said Ray praying that he was still sleep.
Tyson gave his power grin and turned Kai around to face the other boys.
“Yep I’m afraid it is”
“What you looking at, stupids!” yelled Kai as he looked at the horrified faces of Ray and Max.
“Yep that’s Kai alright” said Max
“We need to get some clothes for him and for us as well, when we turn” said Ray
“There is a clothes shop a couple of blokes away, we can get the stuff we need there”
“You guys go on a head, while I’ll stay here with Kai” said Tyson.
“Do you think that is a good idea? I mean you and he aren’t exactly the best of friends” said Max.
“I think we’ll be ok!” said Tyson as he looked down at Kai who was touching Tyson’s hair again. “You guys better get going! The sooner you guys do that the sooner we figure out what we’re going to do about the tournament”
Kai’s eyes lit up “We going to tournament? I’ll get Dran’er”
He shouted as he rushed back in to his room to get his blade.
“No Kai! You guys go and be quick while I’ll keep him busy” said Tyson as he jumped out of bed to follow the naked Chibi.
“We better get going otherwise before we get back Tyson would have killed Kai” said Ray as he headed for the door.
“Or visa versa” said Max.

Tyson walked in to Kai’s room and found the little boy digging though his now large pants trying to find his blade. Tyson saw Kai’s black vest top and picked it up.
“Well it’s a little too big but it should cover Kai enough until the others get back. Don’t want our wonderful leader to catch a cold do we?” Thought Tyson
“FOUND IT!” Shouted Kai as he pulled the blade from its pocket.
 “Kai come here for a sec” said Tyson holding out the top.
Kai wrinkled his nose at the top “Not wearing that”
“It’s only until the guys come back with something for you to wear I promise!”
“No”
“Please Kai don’t be difficult”
“No!”
“Kai…” Tyson growled
“You battle me!”
“What?”
Kai lifted up Dranzer “You battle me”
“Let me get this right, you want me to battle you, and if I win you were the top?”
Kai nodded
It seemed too easy “What’s the catch?”
Kai gave an evil smile “I want your red coat”
What Kai meant was Tyson red jacket, the one he wore everywhere to bring him luck.  Tyson thought about it for a moment and then smiled. He had beaten Kai when he was grown up he can certainly beat him as a kid.
“Ok Kai you’re on!”
 Tyson walked back to his room to get his blade and did not notice the sly grin on Kai’s so called innocent face.

Kai and Tyson stood on either side of the huge steel bowl holding their blades.
“Ok Kai, one match and then you put on your top!”
“No Won’t! Your top!” Laughed Kai as he let lose Dranzer “Go Dran’er”
“Go Dragoon!”
But Tyson beast barely touched the bowel when Kai’s blade knocked it out. Tyson looked shocked for quite awhile as Kai stood patently for his prize.
“I won” he smiled at the shocked Tyson. “Want your top”
“Can’t you just wear yours?”
Kai’s little face screwed up tightly as a major fit was about to let lose. Tyson quickly removed his red jacket and rapped it around the Chibi. It was miles to big for him yet Kai did not care, as he rubbed his face against the red materiel. Tyson smiled at the small Kai and resisted the urge to hug him. He looked at the cute face and wondered what it would be like if it didn’t have any face paint on.
“Come on” as he picked the now covered Kai up “Let’s go and wash that face paint off”
“No face paint”
“Huh? Then what are these?” asked Tyson as he pointed to one of the blue triangles.
Kai looked down at the floor “I was bad”
“What do you mean Kai?”
“I was bad and Grandpa did this to me with a sharp thingy. He said it was a tatoo”
“A tattoo?” Tyson rubbed his thumb over the blue markings that refused to be removed. Kai continued to look down and sad, that it made Tyson’s heart ache. Hesitatingly he leaned forward and planted a kiss on Kai’s forehead. Kai touched his forehead where Tyson had kissed him.
“What was that?”
“It’s called a kiss Kai, surly you’ve had one of those”
Kai shook his head looking up at Tyson.
“Well…um…did you like it?”
Kai placed a finger in his mouth for a moment and then nodded.
“Want more”
Tyson just blinked and kissed Kai’s forehead again.
“More”
“Later ok?”
Kai looked as if he was about to argue but then looked away “Ok”  
Tyson relaxed for a moment but quickly tensed up when he heard the front door slam.    
“Right that’s the guys with the stuff now promise that you won’t tell them about our battle”
“Why?”
“Cause they will never let it down that I got beaten by a Chibi”

Kai said nothing as the two boys came in loudly tossing bags left right and centre.
“Man! That was a nightmare! Remind me never go clothes shopping again!” moaned Max as he slammed down his bags.
“Tyson why is Kai wearing your jacket?” asked Ray staring at the small Chibi in Tyson’s arms.
“Well…you see…I didn’t want him to catch cold”
Max raised an eyebrow “Since when did you care if Kai got a cold or not?”
Tyson held the little Kai tightly to him “I may not have cared if the older Kai did but it’s different for Chibi Kai it’s not his fault”
Both Ray and Max blinked but decided it was wiser not to ask why Tyson was so protective of Chibi Kai.
“So what did you guys get him, he can’t stay in my Jacket”
“Oh yeah! We decided to get clothes that kind of match the outfits we wear now and got Kai this” Said Max pulling out a pair of blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a pair of black trainers.
“Hey great, come on Kai lets put these on you!”
“No”
“Kai you can’t stay in my Jacket”
“No, want Jacket”
“How about you wear these and wear the jacket over the top?”
Kai thought about it for a moment then slowly nodded. Tyson picked up the clothes and was about to leave the room when his stomach growled. Kai looked at Tyson and then back at the offending stomach before giving it a sharp kick.
“Shush”
Ray and Max laughed so hard they had to hold on to the table to stay upright. Tyson just blushed.
“Hey Ray, can you dress Kai while I eat? PLEASE?”
“Sure thing Tyson”
Ray was about to take the small Chibi from Tyson, Kai let out an ear piecing scream. 
“No Go! Want Ty! Want Ty!”
“Whoa! Its ok Kai I’m not going anywhere I just want something to eat, Uncle Ray will…”
“No! Want you” Shouted Kai as he held on to Tyson.
“Fine! I’ll dress you” said Tyson as he stormed off to his room at dress the small Chibi. On the way he bumps in to Kenny.
“Oh hey Kenny”
“Hello Tyson”
“Have you been here the whole time?”
“Yeah, you and Kai seem to be pretty close!”
“Well…it is partly my fault this happened”
“Well since Kai can not compete today you have to fill in, and you better win”
“Why do you say it like that chief?”
“Because I don’t want to spend ages lowering your stats because you got beaten by a Chibi”

After along struggle and a huge breakfast later, Kai sat on Tyson’s lap, wearing his new jeans and black top with Tyson’s red jacket over the top. Tyson had just finished five bowls of cereals, seven bits of toast and three cups of Tea.
“Since Kai can’t blade you three have too.” Said Kenny as he typed away at his laptop.
“Its not likes Kai does usually Blade anyway” said Ray
“Ray you’ll go first, Then Max and Tyson will go last” said Kenny “I have only had time to update Max’s and Ray’s blades Tyson, so you will have to come up with a way to win.”
“No problem Chief”
“Yeah right after you…”
“Don’t go there Kenny”
“What about me?” said the sulky voice of Kai.
“You can’t blade Kai you’re only a Chibi” said Ray
Kai’s face darkened as a fit was about to set in.
“Besides Kai you’re our secret weapon, we got to save you for the finals!” Tyson said quickly hoping Kai would buy it. Kai looked up at Tyson wondering if he should believe him and then smiled smugly.
“Well I is better then all you, so ok”
The others all sweatdropped and stared at the smug looking Chibi.
“Who are opponents Chief?” asked Max
“A group that call themselves “Heaven’s blades”. They good, they are the champions from the UK. The team consist of two boys Tommy and Bobby and a girl named Chris”
“I could beat them” said Kai
“Well we better get going, otherwise we’ll be late” said Ray

The Crystal Stadium was well named, the building itself was painted in white and dark blue rivers running though it. On the ceilings were crystals on strings at different lengths that sparkled beautifully when the lights hit them. Kai was quite on the way there and refused to walk so Tyson had to carry him. They sat down in they box and waited for the match to start.
“Welcome Ladies and gentleman to The Crystal Stadium, I’m Brad Best and my partner AJ Topper and haven’t we got a great tournament for you today”
“That right Brad, Our first Match is the Bladebreakers vs. Heaven’s blades. Both teams have come far and both are considered a shoe in for winning. Let’s go down to Jazzman to see who’s going against whom”
“Are you ready to rip?” Jazzman yelled at the crowd, sending them in to frenzy. “Right, first we got Ray against Bobby, then Max against Tommy and finally Tyson against the Heaven’s blades leader Chris”
“Girls are weak!” shouted Kai at the top of his voice at the opposing team.
“Kai, shut up” whispered Tyson.   
 “The first rounds about to start, Bladers take your places”
“Ray was once a member of the White tigers and is a skilled blader with tremendous power from his bit beast Driger.” Said Brad Best
“Yeah but Bobby is one mean blader who is mainly in defence with his own beast bit Rapadash, a horse beast who’s trample attack and speed make it almost impossible to defeat” added AJ.
“Today the boys and er...girl will be blading in the classic bowl, no where to go and no where to hide” 
Bobby walked over to the dish wearing white pants with black knee boots with a red shirt. He had short spiky hair with brown eyes, with a riding crop in his hand and his blade in the other.
“Hey Ray ready to be defeated?” he asked
“Nope but I hope you get home safely after I crush you” smiled Ray.
The boy smiled back “We’ll see”
“On your marks, three two one LET IT RIP!!” shouted Jazzman
“The blades flew with grace and speed, and crackled with power. They went around the bowl twice before Ray decided to attack.
“Tiger claw attack” he yelled at his blade as his tiger bit beast came from his blade to attack.
“Rapadash go in to defence mode” yelled Bobby
A fiery horse appeared from Bobby’s blade and “Kick” Ray’s blade almost out of the dish.
“Man that was close” muttered Ray “He’s good”
“Rapadash, fire kicks attack” shouted Bobby
“Driger Tiger claw attack!” shouted Ray
“No! Rapadash pull away” panicked Bobby
“To late Bobby” shouted Ray as his tiger beast bit knocked Rapadash out of the ring. The crowd went wild shouting Ray’s name in a chant. Bobby picked up his blade and smiled at it.
“You did great Rapadash! Hey Ray, great match!”
“Yeah you too” replied Ray
“What a great battle and now the baldebreakers are in the lead! Maybe Tommy can make a come back for they team.  Tommy is a wild blader who simply wings his matches and when that doesn’t work, his beast bit Thunder, a storm wolf, comes and cleans up his mess”   said AJ
“Max is mainly the defensive type and with his beast bit Draciel its makes them a force to reckon with”  
“Good luck to you Tommy” said Max smiling.
Tommy, a really tall boy with brown eyes and long brown hair, pointed to Max and then did the ok sign with his hand.
“Huh? Can’t you talk?” asked Max not wanting to be impolite.
Tommy simply shook his head and pointed to his ear.
“Oh I get it your deaf” smiled Max
“Ty what does Daft mean?” asked Kai looking up at Tyson.
“You mean Deaf Kai. Its what we call some one who can’t hear anything”
Tyson thought Kai was going to make a nasty comment but was surprised when Kai muttered “Poor boy”.
“Ok it’s time for the second round. Time to let it rip!!!” shouted Jazzman as the blades where released.  Tommy’s blade went for Max’s as soon as it hit the dish almost sending Max flying.
“Go Draciel” shouted Max as his beast appeared from the blade. Tommy looked scared for a moment as Draciel started to make his move. He quickly recovered and whistles as load as he could that coursed glass to crack. A load crack of thunder as Thunder merged from Tommy’s blade. “Thunder” used his power’s of the storm to smash Max’s blade out of the bowl.
“Tommy is the winner! The score is now a Tie!” shouted Jazzman. Tommy picked up his blade and bowed to Max with a slight smile on his face.
Max returned the bow and placed his hand to his mouth and then placed it in an open handed manner //Thank you// in sign language. Both Boys returned to they box’s as Chris come out of the Heaven’s blades box. She was the tallest of the three and was wearing a black leather all-in-one outfit with a large blue belt. She had huge blue eyes and pale skin with short black hair.
“Are you ready to get your butt kicked Blade losers?” she asked in a mocking voice.
“Here” as Tyson handed Kai to Max “Now Kai you stay with Max while I’ll go and win this thing”
Kai’s eyes widened and he grabbed Tyson’s hand “NO! Girls are yucky! Stay!”
“Kai I have to beybalde the girl to win. You want us to win”
“Want you more!” //cue fans: Aaaawwwwwww!//
“I have to go now Kai, but remember that thing I gave you earlier”
Kai knew he was on about the kisses and nodded his head enthusiastically.
“Well if you let me go, I’ll give you some more of those ok?”
Kai thought about it for a while looking confused for a while but then let Tyson go. Tyson started to walk away when Kai called out to him.
“TY!”
“What?”
Kai was holding out Tyson’s red jacket “You need”
Tyson took his jacket back “Thanks Kai”
“Want it back after”
Tyson’s sweat dropped along with the others, but quickly recovered and walked over to the dish.
“Finally I thought you were going to call it off!” said Chris
“No Way”
 “Tyson is one of the best blades in Japan and with his bit Beast Dragoon; Chris might have a hard time” Said Brad
“Chris lets her blade do the talking Brad. The Champion from the UK and with her beast “Dark” a black dragon bit, she is going too show Tyson she is no walk over” said AJ
“Bladers ready? Three, two, one, let it rip!” shouted Jazzman.
The blades flew though the air and landed in the bowl spinning madly, creaking with power.
“Dragoon, storm attack” Tyson yelled as a hurricane started to build from his blade.
“Dumb move! Dark, black fire now!”  Chris shouted at her blade, which turned in to a huge black flame and went in to a head to head collision with Tyson’s Dragoon. Both blades shocked and where both nearly knocked off balance by the force.
“Dragoon pull back and then try to stomp her!” ordered Tyson
“Don’t let him get away Dark”
“Dark” followed “Dragoon” like a hawk would it’s pray. Now again Chris blade clashed with Tyson, trying to knock it out of the ring.
“You’re pathetic; my grandmother could do better then this”
“My Ty is better then you!” shouted Kai
Tyson blushed from his head to his toes at Kai’s words and wondered what made the Chibi say that.
“Tell that Brat to shut up, we’re in the middle of a match” scowled Chris
“THAT DOES IT! No one but nobody calls Kai a brat! DRAGOON ATTACK!!” shouted Tyson at the top of his voice as the great blue dragoon appeared, looming over them.
“Ha! Dark shows this guy what you’re made of!” ordered Chris as a large black dragon came out breathing black flames at Dragoon. Dragoon wasn’t going to take that lying down. He did not know what it was that upset his master so much but what ever it was gave him the power to stand the dark fire and gave him enough to use his storm attack against the younger dragon. Chris face dropped in shock as Dragoon grew bigger in strength and size. Many of the audience ran in fear of being destroyed in the blast, as the bladebreakers and the Heaven’s blades stood in fear. The storm sent both Tyson and Chris flying to the floor. Kai struggled out of Max’s arms, and crawled over to Tyson.
“TY!” shouted Kai at the top of his lungs as he clutched on to Tyson.    
 “Kai? What are you…?” Tyson did not finish his sentence as he quickly grabbed Kai as Dragoon gave one last roar and returned to the blade. Everyone looked in shock at the still spinning blade before letting out a mighty cheer. Tyson slowly got up holding Kai in his arms, smiling down at the little chibi in his arms before kissing Kai on the forehead. Kai smiled up at Tyson.
“Ty”
“Yes Kai?”
“Want top now” as he pulled on Tyson’s red jacket, with a huge grin on his face.

For the rest of the day Tyson kissed Kai every time he had the chance. The others did not say anything, not wanting to ruin the fun of their team mates. Kai was so different as a chibi and they hoped with Tyson a little bit of the chibi would remain in Kai when he returned to his normal self. They had dinner at a small restaurant, where Kai and Tyson got in to a food fight which ended up as Kai winning when he tipped an entire ice cream sundae down Tyson’s back. After a bath, Kai followed Tyson around like a shadow, keep annoying him about how he got his Dragoon more powerful.
“Kai for the last time I don’t know how Dragoon got so powerful”
“You know! Tell me!”
“Kai…”
“TELL ME!”
“Ok Kai! I’ll tell you what I think what happened if you promise me afterwards you’ll go to bed.”
“Story first”
“And then bed?”
“Fine”
Tyson carried the chibi in to his room and sat them both on the bed and quickly removed Kai’s clothes so when he grew back he wouldn’t rip them, but the Chibi refused to give up the red Jacket. Kai lay on the bed cuddling down in the covers.
“Once upon a time there was a tall and handsome boy, a brilliant blader and a never lost a match. Yet he had turned his heart to stone, and was harsh and mean to every one he came across never allowing himself to have any friends. After a day of defeating weaker bladers the boy came across another blader, a younger boy, with blue hair and a silly grin.”
“Like you” laughed Kai, not relieving that the handsome cold boy was him.
“The cold hearted boy challenges the blue haired boy and the boy accepted. The younger boy also added that if he won, he could ask for something. The cold boy just smirked and let rip his blade. The cold hearted boy lost with in seconds and stared amazed at the blue haired boy and wanted to leave, but he could not, he had made a promise.”
“What the boy want Ty?”
“That is what the cold hearted boy asked and the blue haired boy answered “a friend”. So from that day on the blue haired boy was never far form the cold boy’s side and thought the cold boy was really mean at the other boy, he secretly liked him and they were good friends in the end. Now bed”
“No”
“Kai you promised”
“No you promised to tell me secret. Now Tell” 
“Ok Kai. I think Dragoon become more powerful because I got mad, about what that girl said about you being a brat”
Kai frowned “Don’t understand”
“When that girl called you a brat, it upset me and my pain powered my Dragoon”
“She hurt you” Kai said and in an instant was in Tyson’s lap looking at him intensely. 
“She didn’t hurt me physically Kai, she hurt me here” Tyson pointed to his heart “Because she was mean to you”
Kai looked confused for a moment and then looked up at Tyson with his eyes wide.
“You battled for…me?”
“Well yeah”
Kai blinked for a few seconds and the leaned forward and kissed Tyson very gently on the lips and whispered “Thank you” as he crawled back in to the bed.  Tyson felt shocked that he did not move for a good few minutes, but then leaned over to Kai and kissed him once more on the forehead, not knowing that, that would be they last kiss. Believing Kai to have fallen asleep, Tyson got up to get a snack when something grabbed him. It was Kai.
“Stay” it was in a sleepy voice but there was some urgency in it. “Scared of dark”
Tyson smiled and climbed back in to the bed, and pulled Kai close to him.
“You’re a wonderful kid Kai, sweet and so wanton for attention and praise. To bad your grandfather was a jerk and he forced you to be almost heartless. But like the young boy in the story Kai, I will never leave your side”
Kai curled up closer to Tyson gripping his ponytail “My Ty”

The sun rose slowly the next morning as Kai’s eyes slowly opened. His ears registered Tyson’s annoyingly load snoring. He could feel something soft in his hands that were not the sheets. He could smell the sense of musk and sweat.  When his eyes were finally opened all he could see was the blue mass of hair that belonged to Tyson.
“What the HELL Is Tyson doing in my room?” screamed Kai’s mind as he quickly jumped out of the bed only to tip on his baby clothes and landed on the floor with only Tyson’s red jacket to cover his naked body.
“What? I’m naked?? Oh please don’t say that I…” Kai quickly pulled back the covers and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Tyson still had his clothes on. It was then that Kai noticed that the room was dreadfully untidy, with clothes littered over the floor.
“What am I doing in Tyson’s room? I got to get out of here”
Using Tyson’s jacket to cover himself Kai quickly ran to his room to get dressed. He had no memory of what happened the other day only that, once dressed, he had the urge to keep Tyson’s jacket.
“This is stupid why would I want anything belonging to that baka” he thought.
 He looked in the mirror to brush his hair when he looked at his tattooed face. Usually looking at them hurt, but now they sent a warm feeling though him with the memory of a ghost kiss on his forehead from Tyson.
Kai blushed deeply “Tyson’s kissed me…I’m going to kill him”
Kai stormed in to the kitchen holding Tyson’s jacket in the other. Tyson had woken up shortly after Kai left and was looking for his leader, believing him still to be a chibi.
“Kai…Kai where are you?”
“I’m right here stupid!”
Tyson’s smiling face brightened upon seeing Kai that he ran over and hugged the boy.
“Kai! You’re back to normal! This is great we can…”
Suddenly Tyson was pushed away hard and went slamming in to the corner of the wooden counter.
“If you EVER touch me or kiss me again Tyson, I’ll KILL you!” shouted Kai as he threw the jacket at the fallen boy. Tyson did not move or respond, and something in Kai urged him to pick him up and apologize but instead he turned away.
“Guys come quickly” shouted Kenny from one of the other Bladebreakers rooms.
Kai left but had he stayed he would have seen the tears falling from Tyson’s eyes.

To be continued…