Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Games of Fate ❯ The Games of Fate ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I could really freak out, because I´m forced to say that it´s not mine.

Author´s note: I was bored, so I did a short one-shot.

Warning: It´s shonen ai. Ty/Ka of course, so Mary Sue lovers please leave. ^^

The Games of Fate

by Little Leila

I sat on the couch, hearing the news on TV over and over again. It´s always the same, ….always the same chant. I can´t hear it! I don´t want to! My mind refused to believe it.

Can fate be any crueler? Can it toy with my life and with my love like that? Don´t I have a say in the 'game' of fate??? I thought my life was worse, but now? Now it was unbearable.

At first, I thought fate was cruel by making me fall in love. It´s not the love that had scared me. It was the fact, that this feeling was dedicated to my rival, to a boy. Not only was this a one-sided love, it was also forbidden.

That was the first stone, which fate threw into my way of life. And when I´d learned to deal with it, Lady Fate thought, it would be nice to throw another stone into my path. The more, the better.

The second stone was, that I felt the urge to tell him at least the truth. He deserved it! Even if he would hate me afterwards. But I am a coward. I always thought, I was strong, unbeatable, ...just the best in everything.

I am not!

And I realized this now, while sitting on the couch and feeling numb. I believed, the pain, I felt whenever a chance to confess was wasted, was terrible. Almost crushing.

I had no idea!

But I learned that on the hard way, when fate threw the third and maybe last stone. And with it, it crushed me. Yeah, fate spat in my face by taking him away from me. I couldn´t reach him anymore and I never will have the chance. The others were oblivious to the news. They weren´t in the hotel room.

What exactly happened?

One year had passed since the championships and we all agreed to a friendships battle against the All Stars. We couldn´t travel together, so we thought it would be the best if everyone could make it within a week. Well, all Bladebreakers were here, except one.

My beloved.

He called in the morning and said he was about to leave. Kenny thought, it would be a good idea to update Max' Beyblade and Ray never left his side, so he went with them. I said, I didn´t want to come.

No, I wanted to be the first to see him again after such a long and also lonely time.

The phone rang a few times, but I had no intention in speaking to someone. I was too excited to care. The boy, who held my heart in his hands, would be here, soon. I couldn´t care about anyone else in the moment. So I let it rang.

I waited for a few hours and the phone rang from time to time. Surely it´s Max with his prankcall-attacks. Since his mother, Judy, gave him a mobile phone for his birthday, he couldn´t resist using it. I turned on the TV and the news flashed over the screen. My first thought was to look for something else, but suddenly the words of the reporter kicked in and I dropped the remote. My mind replayed the words over and over again.

' .....the destination of the Boing 747 were the USA. Not even a half an hour after it had left the airport in Osaka, the plane crashed into the ocean. The cause of the crash couldn´t be found, yet. It is to be feared that none of the 248 passengers had survived.'

.....'that none of the 248 passengers had survived.....'

....none had survived....

NONE!!!

It couldn´t be, no it couldn´t.

Please, ....please tell me it was a lie. Tell me it´s a dream. A Nightmare. Anything, but real.

He ...was....gone?! Just gone??? I wouldn´t see him ever again! Not his blue hair, not his hypnotizing eyes, nothing. It was all lost to the ocean.

I couldn´t tell him how I felt, I couldn´t even say goodbye.

My heart hurt! The pain had a tight hold on it and tightened even more with every breath I took. I hoped the pain would become so intense, that my heart would stop beating.

Just let it be over.

Please, ....I can´t stand it. It hurts so much.

I would do everything. Everything, ....just to be with him. Or at least to tell him the truth. To tell him the three little words that were there, always in the back of my mind, waiting for the right time to be said.

But it was to late. The right time was over. And fate wouldn´t give me a second chance. Fate was evil. Fate was too cruel and the only purpose it had to exist was, to play with the lives of the humans.

Like with mine.

I felt a stinging sensation in my eyes and tears, that threatened to fall. I held my breath to swallow every rising sob down. I was suffocating in sorrow and despair. And it wouldn´t stop so soon, if I´d let myself go. If I´d lost control!

The phone rang again. I don´t want to take the call. I don´t want to hear Max, saying that he got me fooled or something like that.

But it seemed, even this time, fate was against me, even if it took everything I´d left. Everything, which was worth living. I think that because the phone rang mercilessly this time.

I felt the anger building up inside of me. Who dared to call now? I stomped over to the phone, ready to yell at Max for his stupid prankcalls. Ready to yell at Mr. Dickenson or whoever the hell was calling. I took the receiver with a jerky movement.

"What?!" I barked annoyed.

".....Well, ...hello to you to, Kai." The voice replied sarcastically.

My eyes went wide and I almost dropped the receiver. Was this some kind of joke? A joke, sent from Lady Fate to torture me some more? Or was heaven mocking me with letting me hear the voice of my Angel for the last time?

"Tyson?" I asked unbelieving.

"Who else have you expect? Snow White?" My love asked annoyed.

God, I couldn´t believe this. This was one sick joke. It had to be! I lay the palm of my hand over my mouth to cover the sobs, which were going through my body. I closed my eyes. I couldn´t take this. The tears I´d held back before were now running freely over my cheeks.

"Kai? ....Are you still there?" He sounded almost concerned.

I removed the hand from my mouth, but my eyes remained closed. If this was a dream, I didn´t want to wake up. Not ever again, if I just could stay here forever and hear his voice.

"Yes." I answered in a low voice.

I still expected Max to shout: 'Hey Kai, all a joke. I used something my mom had invented and I fooled you, haha.' While crushing my heart once more with the joke of his. But it never came. Could it be? Could I hope?

"Ok, if you say so. ....Listen Kai, I don´t have much time. Do me a favor and tell the others, that they don´t have to worry. I´d missed the plane and from what I´d heard, it seems that I was lucky. I tried to call you guys the whole morning, but nobody was there. .....Kai? Are you listening?"

It was real! Tyson was alive and that meant, I still had a chance. Maybe not a chance of returned feelings, but a chance to tell him the truth. But more important to me was, that I knew, his heart was still beating, he was still breathing. I felt how relief ran through my veins and how the tight hold of my heart seemed to be gone, completely. Then I remembered, I had to answer something.

"Tyson?"

"Jeez, Kai. I thought you hung up on me."

"You have to come here quickly!"

"Huh??? Why? Did something happen?"

This time, I couldn´t control my voice anymore and it cracked slightly.

"I need to tell you something."

Then I hung up. I couldn´t explain this on the phone, I wanted to tell him this in person. Not while he was miles away. This time I wouldn´t back down. I would suppress my pride and my fear.

Today, I´d realized that time was valuable thing and you had to do the things you intended to do, before it´s too late. It was really time to let Tyson know, that I had a heart, which was only beating for him.

Fate has strange ways to tell me that.

~~~

Owari

Hope you liked it. I think it wasn´t so bad. I was bored, so Kai had to suffer. MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Tyson: That´s not true!

Lil´Leila: Right. I made him suffer because he had something against my Kung Fu Hamster. And I also felt like writing it. ^^U

Please Review ^_^