Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Kissing Game ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: This fanfiction is my own work. It may also be found at Y! Gallery posted by DeeReaper, also me. The characters and the Beyblade franchise itself, however, belong to Aoki Takao. The only profit I make from these works is the satisfaction I get when I get a review. ^.^

The Beyblade Bedroom Chronicles Intermission: The Kissing Game

Kai ambled down the sidewalk, hands in his deep pockets, a slight frown drawing the corners of his mouth downward, a distant, brooding look in his crimson eyes that added a little angst to an otherwise gorgeous day: nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing but his location, that is. Today Kai was wandering around his old stomping grounds, better known as Tyson’s, Max’s, and Kenny’s neighborhood. Was he looking for a friend to play with? No, he was trying to escape one of those things, actually. To be more precise, he was down there avoiding someone who used to be one of those things- Carlos, a former Blade Shark. He’d recently found Kai’s place and was sticking to him like glue, trying to cozy back up to his former leader, looking to reinstate his crony status as well as catch some residual fame.

Followers, feh! Kai had no use for someone so dependent. Carlos had neither improved his battle tactics nor gotten stronger since being ejected from the Sharks. And he was transparent. It was so obvious he just wanted to be seen with the captain of the globally recognized Team Bladebreaker. Kai knew that Carlos never came to this part of town anymore, not after Tyson had spanked him in that battle that had cost him his BS membership. He was hoping to lose the barnacle by fleeing to their old haunt, the only area guaranteed to be Carlos-free. Now Kai hoped he wouldn’t run into Tyson. Or worse, Tyson with Max. They were so rambunctious, twice as bad together, and Kai just wanted some peace.

Maybe he could go hang out with the Chief; Kenny could hold an intelligent conversation and knew how to leave him alone when Kai was done being social. Plus, he could hide out in the bespectacled boy’s room safely. Kenny wouldn’t blab his location to the others. But what if they were already there? Kenny couldn’t save him from their bubbly boyfriends if they spotted Kai!

Kai sighed moodily; there was nothing to do at the Sharks’ old warehouse. And he couldn’t go to the river- all the rookie bladers down there would swamp him. God, it was hard being antisocial in such a friendly place. Presently, delicate yet lightly callused hands covered his eyes. A voice, too quiet to be recognized, whispered, “A good-lookin’ thing like you shouldn’t be walking all alone- someone could snatch you up.” The mystery person dragged Kai backwards and around a corner. Into an alley?

“Yeah, you could get caught by a dirty pervert. Like me.”

Of course Kai could have taken this nimrod’s knee out or damaged an internal organ easily. He would have, if that nimrod didn’t feel so familiar against Kai’s back; if he didn’t smell like his lover’s favorite shampoo...

“Max, get offa me, you idiot.” The mystery person wrenched Kai’s head to the side, still covering his eyes. A pair of slightly chapped lips eagerly mashed into Kai’s. They lingered momentarily and then pulled away, landing one last quick peck before completely retreating. “...Tyson?” Kai was bewildered as he removed what felt like Max’s hands from his eyes. Both Max and Tyson were giggling impishly at him deep within an alley. “How did the both of you sneak up on me, noisy as you are?” “Never mind that,” Max’s eyes twinkled with amusement. “How did you know that was Tyson that kissed you?”

Kai shrugged. “You’re always wearing Chapstick, Max, I dunno. You guys just kiss differently.” Tyson looked impressed and maybe just a tad lovestruck, “So can you tell everybody apart? You know all of our lips by heart?” Kai thought for a second before nodding with an ‘I think so’. Max crooned, “Isn’t that romantic?” as he tugged Kai’s scarf playfully. “In an orgy-flavored way, I mean.” It was way too dry a comment to come from the blonde. He caught Kai completely off guard and the stoic boy couldn’t suppress a lopsided grin that accompanied an uncharacteristic chuckle.
----------------------------

Max lay on the hotel room couch, kicking his feet behind him as he daydreamed. “Kai, you have a nice smile- you should use it more often.” The other boy eyed Max queerly from his armchair. The boys had been carted off to another city for a regional tournament. It wasn’t even a big deal; they were still in Japan and the thing was so small they weren’t even allowed to battle as a team. Max scolded himself for thinking like that; can’t get a swelled head and start thinking you’re a big shot. It’s all for the fans, after all. Who knows: they might even be able to inspire a few kids to try beyblading for the first time; that’s always worth it.

But hotels were a different story. They no longer excited the boys, who had outgrown the desire to sneak out and explore every new establishment. Worse, they’d been at this one before- in this exact room, no less! Rei was slung over another armchair, half-asleep. Kenny cleaned his glasses distractedly. Tyson sat in the middle of the floor with him, sighing dramatically with his chin in his hands, occasionally reaching over and smudging the other boy’s lenses to give him something to wipe.

The Bladebreakers were bored.

Max had taken to daydreaming and drifted back to that day he and Tyson had found Kai wandering around their neighborhood. He’d looked lost, despite the fact that he used to run a group of blading thugs that terrorized the area. Kai was so badass. But he had a romantic streak as well. Although he absolutely never called, Kai never failed to text or e-mail any of them on their birthdays and he kept up with all the little things- things he rolled his eyes at and walked away from so you thought he barely heard you talking to him.

For instance, the Chief occasionally took books from the library and forgot to give them back. He’d complained to Kai about his absentmindedness once and since then, whenever the crimson-eyed boy was in Kenny’s room he’d surreptitiously check the return dates in his stack of books, renewing those that needed it and paying his overdue fines without a word. During one tournament in Russia, Rei began complaining of headaches. It turns out he’d caught a bug that would keep him in bed for the second half of the competition. But from that first headache, Kai had his eye on the other boy and had predicted the illness; he had medicine on hand when Rei’s health went downhill and made sure room service kept them supplied with hot tea. Of course he let the others nurse Rei back to health, but his quiet vigilance was what ensured they were prepared. Yes, Kai may be distant and moody, but he knew how to take care of his boys. What struck Max’s fancy was this claim of his that he knew everybody by kiss. Marking a birthday on a calendar was one thing, but to be able to identify your lover’s lips by touch... Max stared dreamily at the stoic blader, nestled in the armchair to the left of the couch and playing with Tyson’s cell phone. “Hey Chief, Rei, guess what? Once Kai said he could tell us all apart by the way we kiss!”

“Hey, I remember that!” Tyson chimed in, “Doesn’t that sound way too romantic to have come from him? ‘I’d know your lips anywhere, my love!’” “Don’t make him mad yet, Ty. Thinking about that gave me an idea for a little game!”

“Leave it to Max to pervert something so sweet.” “Look, it won’t get nasty unless you make it that way. I just want to call his bluff and-” “No. I don’t want to play with you, Max,” Kai grunted. “Now don’t be like that- I know you’re bored outta your skull and this’ll kill time. All you need to do is sit there and let us kiss you. You’re halfway playing already!” Kai growled in annoyance; getting up to do something else to spite him would be playing with Max too, now. He began again to scroll through Tyson’s ringtones.

Rei, now fully alert, asked, “So what do you call your little kissing game?” “The Kissing Game,” Max replied brightly. “Nobody’s doing anything important so I’ll assume you’re all in. Simple rules: we take turns kissing Kai and he tries to guess who it is that did it. He’ll be blindfolded, of course, and there will be no touching, and try to keep quiet so he can’t rely on voices.” “Simple enough. What happens if he misses?” “You get to pimp-slap him for being a lying Casanova!”

“Shut it, Tyson. ‘Cause if anyone hits me I’m punching you in the nuts,” Kai called without looking up. Max interrupted the brewing spat, “How about, after a couple of rounds, if he misses three times Kai has to strip and do a Sexy Dance?” While the others cackled, Kai turned to Max incredulously, “What. The. HE-” “I was kidding, just kidding! No Sexy Dance. All you gotta do is strip.” He eyed the blonde defiantly. “I won’t.”

Max gave him an exasperated face, “Are you that scared you can’t do it? That’s fine- we’ll just decide when you lose. And don’t you worry, by then we’ll all have plenty of dirty things in mind for you to do.” Kai glared at Max, dropping his chin into his hand testily. “What if I get them all right?” “Hmm... I dunno. How about the admiration and total devotion of four highly attractive guys?” Kai was still waiting for his prize. Max was about to offer someone else up for a Sexy Dance when quick-thinking Kenny offered, “How about free reign? For the weekend, you can decide what we do- even if that means you just want to be left alone. You’d be in control- we’ll even call you King Kai if that’s what you want!” Kai scoffed and mumbled sarcastically, “So I get the status quo? That’s no fun.”

“But will you play with us, Kai?” Max sat up and pouted, brandishing his best puppy-dog eyes. Kai studied the freckled face, his eyes dropping to his pale, barely carnation pink lips. There was a slight gleam to them; Kai could almost smell the berry-scented Chapstick. “If it’ll get you off my back, fine,” he fought the urge to lick his own lips as Max’s pout stretched into a smile. “Good! Now remember, you guys, no touching, no talking. Rei, lemme borrow your headband.” Before Kai knew it, Max was coming at him with the red slip of fabric in tow, grinning mischievously.
------------------------

Kai sat cross-legged in the oversized Naugahyde chair, hands folded in his lap with Rei’s trademark yin-yang over his eyes. The others gathered around him and Kenny asked him if he could see anything. “I can see myself breaking Tyson’s fingers if he doesn’t move.” The blue-haired boy had been making bunny ears behind Kai. How Kai knew this was a mystery, though. Rei was waving a hand in front of his face at the same time; it went unnoticed. Tyson, unfazed, merely snickered and yanked a handful of his hair before narrowly escaping the other boy’s clawing grip.

“Ok, enough flirting, you guys! Calm down so we can start, Kai!” Kai settled down and waited patiently for the first ‘challenger’. After a bit of whispering and shuffling, he felt someone lean lightly on the chair’s arm. A parted mouth sought his top lip and held it fast for a second. The voluptuous lips brushed softly against Kai’s as the mystery boy’s head tilted to capture the crimson-eyed boy’s whole mouth. The mystery boy pulled back and Kai pursed his lips momentarily before uttering the Chief’s name. “Yeah, it was me, Kai.” the Chief’s falsetto rang skeptically. The next kiss was more aggressive. He felt it prowl up close to him and linger before descending. Thinner lips pressed against Kai’s at an angle. They parted, and the assailant kissed him deeply, varying the intensity of the suction he employed. He released one time, but dove back into Kai just as suddenly. This kiss, not soft and coquettish like Kenny’s seemed like the kisser sought to draw from Kai some vital essence that he had long been seeking. The mystery boy pulled away with a moist, audible release. “Rei.” Kai felt someone punch him playfully in the chest.

“Two for two! Next!” More shuffling. A suppressed giggle made him strain his ears to hear their whispers: this was going to get nerve-wracking. Kai felt another’s weight on either arm of the chair before a soft, moist pair of lips pressed into his own urgently. They parted, opening his too. The mystery kisser’s mouth tilted and a slithering tongue assaulted Kai’s own. Their mouths forming a seal, the unidentified’s aggressive tongue was free to molest unprepared Kai. It was an undeniably horny kiss and it ended suddenly, as if the attacker had just then remembered there was a line behind him. “Max,” Kai pressed his lips together to even out the layer of Chapstick Max left. Somebody gave a skeptical ‘tch’ and he heard the others reconvene. After some secretive murmuring, one broke from the crowd and, head tilted, touched his lips to Kai’s. He tilted his head the other way and kissed him again. That mouth! “Kenny, are you guys trying to come up at random or something?” Nobody answered his question but Kenny confirmed his identity before moving away.

Right behind him came another pair of lips- Kai immediately smelled the berry Chapstick again. But this kiss wasn’t Max’s. This one kissed like a sane person, parted lips against Kai’s mouth at a slight angle. A tongue darted out to tease along Kai’s lips, requesting admittance. The blindfolded boy obliged, but the tongue didn’t dive down his throat. It teased along his lips and flirted with the tip of Kai’s tongue before dipping inside once, twice, three times. The mystery boy pulled away and, as an afterthought, planted a final kiss before retreating. “You guys are really trying to throw me off, aren’t you, Tyson?” The mystery boy giggled- it was definitely Tyson.

The Bladebreakers continued to play The Kissing Game for a couple more rounds. They took random turns and cycled through tame greeting kisses; loving, romantic kisses; and the collar-steaming, lens-fogging ones that generally precede x-rated acts. They barraged Kai with oral assaults until the other Bladebreakers were sure their captain wasn’t merely guessing correctly by luck. “Kai... wow. You have proven yourself to be, like, a total lip-reader!” Max crawled into the other boy’s lap and threw his arms around him, swatting away Kai’s hands when they went for the blindfold. By now his face had begun to glow and the stoic blader fought to contain his breathing. Not surprisingly, making out with the entirety of this veritable harem had affected him.

“I’m totally impressed, and as far as the bet goes, you win. Whatever you want-- it’s yours. But while you’re deciding on your prize, I’ve got another game I want you to be ‘it’ for,” Max’s lightly callused fingertips tickled Kai’s sides as the blonde lifted the other’s shirt. “I call this one ‘Guess Whose Hand That Is’!” The boy with the two-toned hair grunted in amusement while another hand took his own and began kissing the fingertips and a fourth slid to the back of his neck.
----------------------------