Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Half Of Me ❯ Completion of me ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Well, hello there…again…-_- this is inspired by the one-shot "Broken Ying-Yang Symbol" by kawaii-kirei. Check it out…hehehe…and yes…this is a One-Shot.

**

The Other Half Of Me

**

One-Shot, Fluff, Yaoi. Don't like, don't read.

**

It's been so long, 6 months seem like an eternality to me…and still, there were no sign of you. At times I would blame myself for your disappearance, for your leave. But the team told me it wasn't my fault and that you just needed time. There was no proof that you were still alive, nothing but this small delicate necklace that you left behind. But I still kept on waiting, hoping maybe you'd come back.

The leaves are falling now; it's the time of the year that fruits flourished the lands. Soon, it would be winter. Winter…how it reminds me of you…so cold, so distant…yet, underneath it…lies a new spring…

My eyes viewed the outside world, seeing couples passing by through the park and some sharing a drink together. My hand found it's way up and my fingers wrapped around the beautiful object hanging from a silver-jewelled necklace. The piece was only half; the other half was nowhere to be seen. I think you took it with you, just like you took away the other half of my soul. Without you, the world doesn't seem to be prefect; my life has no meaning…no purpose.

I heard Max call my name, asking if I wanted to join them for a stroke around a nearby park, not the one I see everyday down my window. I accepted their invitation, knowing they wanted me to relax and enjoy life.

Takao, Max and Kenny always tries to make me feel content and not lonely, they'd call me as soon as some activities came up their minds. Currently, I was living in a small apartment complex back here in Japan, with the three here to visit today.

Slowly, I wanted out of my bedroom door, wearing a comfortable long-sleeve white Chinese shirt with gold outlining the turtleneck and down the middle of the shirt. A silk red scarf was soon wrapped around my neck, covering up the gift around it as we walked out of the apartment. The temperature lowered during this week. It was now just barely above 5, but that didn't bother most of the people here because there were the usual numbers of people walking on the streets

I think I forgot to tell you. Takao moved from Tokyo to Hiroshima after a few weeks that he'd return to Japan. So they were no walking in the streets of Tokyo, but of Hiroshima. It was a nice place, I have to admit. It was much more peaceful and quiet then the surroundings of Tokyo.

By now we've reached the park that Max suggested to come. Talking about useless topics on the way, which made me feel much better and the freshness of the morning air was also helping to improve my mood.

My eyes traveled, taking in my surroundings. There was trees here and there, not too tight together, but not too lose either. A dark grey statue stood in a small opening with a girl standing proudly on a semi egg shape with four large holes on all four sides, she was holding a skeleton paper crane above her head [1].

"Here is the girl I told you about who got leukemia and died, while trying to fold paper cranes."

"Sasaki!" I saw a small child, maybe about the age of 5, holding onto a lady probably in her late 20s, pointing towards the statue of the girl.

She then ran over and took a train of colourful paper cranes out of her little azure bag and walked under the semi egged shape, reaching up, she hung it on one of the unseen hooks. A bright smile appeared on her rosy face.

/She tried to fold a thousand paper cranes…but never reached that high…her spirit inspired others, who got leukemia, to have hope to live…and people all around Japan began to fold paper cranes and handing them under this statue…/

Something floated back to me as I looked at the statue. Something Kai has told me. But I couldn't remember when he had told me? This was my first time in Hiroshima…how could he have told me that…when we've never been here together…?

Seeing Takao childishly swinging on one of the swings in the playground, I smiled at the three's actions. They were so naïve, too naïve to be touched by the harshness of reality. And sometimes, I'd wish I had that naive ness. So the cruelty of life won't bother me.

My eyes saw a pair of hands holding onto a golden necklace with a small silver crane hanging onto it. The pair of pale hands reached into the empty space under Sasaki's statue, and hung it in one of the hooks. I couldn't see who it was because the solid was blocking the figure as this person was standing on the other side of the statue.

For an instant I thought I saw a white scarf, but in the next moment it was gone. I shook my head and chuckled a bit.

/Must be my mind playing tricks on me…damn, I have to stop thinking about him so much…someday I'll go insane…Kai…where are you? /

Sighing, I join my friends on the swings. A part of me forgot about Kai for a while and just had fun, like I used to….

~*~

Flashback

~*~

/Damn…why can't I do this?! /

A raven-haired boy tried to swing himself up, but the only thing he got was small little ones, not ones that could touch the sky. Just when he was about to give up, someone from behind lift him up and then let it go. The younger boy on the swing was surprised and as the swing swung forward, he looked back to whomever that helped him and was even more surprised to find himself staring into a pair of crimson pools.

~*~

End

~*~

/That was the last time I saw him…well, except for when I said good-night…/

Surprisingly, I actually had fun with Kai, and you all know that Kai is Mr. All-serious. But, really, he wasn't dull to hang out with.

/I just wish you could come back…/

~*~

That night, I kept having dreams of Kai turning his back on us and leaving us, never to come back. What's that all about! I couldn't sleep, with all these images of Kai filling my mind. I just couldn't. But I did anyways.

The strange thing was, I felt something on my lips near dawn. But before I could open my eyes, it was gone. I guess it was something I imagined. Yeah…I almost believed that. The first thing that stopped convincing me was the open balcony door. The glass door was slide open just enough for a person to slip in.

/I don't remember leaving it open…/

Second thing was the white scarf that I was tightly grasping to.

/it…. couldn't be…/

Staring down in disbelief at the object in my hand…my fingers behind rubbing against it to feel the familiar softness of the material.

/Kai…/

Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes, escaping the canyon they were held in. Feeling something in my other hand, I slowly opened it. And saw…a completion of my heart…

/Arigatou…Kai…/

A completion of the ying-yang symbol…of the other half of my soul…

~*~

Fini

~*~

[1] If you've read the book about a Japanese girl getting leukaemia then you'll know. It's called "Sasaki And A thousand Cranes" I think…it's either A Thousand Cranes or A thousand Paper Cranes…I love that story…it's so sad…she died though before she reached a thousand…I saw this picture of the statue and at where you could hang the paper cranes you made, there were like more then hundred of lines of paper cranes handing there…they were like sooooooooooo colourful!!! And Pretty…hehehe…I am folding them too…so someday when I go to Hiroshima…I can hang them there!! ^^ Oh and please go check out the book! That is if you haven't read it yet…it's just so touching!! At least I think so…:P

A/N: Well, hope ya all enjoy that! ^^ I guess it wasn't that much of angst…and can you guess who put that silver paper crane there? I'm sure ya all know!! ^^ E-mail me if you're confused! :P Ciao~! Oh and RnR!!!!! Cya!