Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ This Scene Won't Play ❯ The drama of having a part in a drama ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade
 
Kagome Myama leaned her head on her hand. Her mom was offered a job in Japan, so she was moving there, where she had originated from. She stared at her reflection in the window of her mom's car. She had strawberry blonde hair a couple inches under her shoulder, then they curved out. She had garnet eyes filled with boredom, staring out the window towards the rain. She had on a white mini skirt and white platform boots. She had on a blue midriff shirt and the sleeves only reached to her elbow. From the top of the chest to the bottom of the shirt was red and had a yellow star in the middle.
 
(like Mimi's hairstyle and outfit in Digimon season two)
 
"Kagome, get out of the car now. Leaving America won't be that bad. Besides, this is where you were born, you'll have fun, make friends, stop whining!" Kagome's mom, Kira, nagged.
 
"Whatever." Kagome mumbled, stepping out of the car.
 
(she doesn't get wet cause she's in the garage)
 
"Cheer up Kagome! I brought you a present." Her mom said, handing her something.
 
Kagome opened the tiny box to show a white-gold locket shaped like a crescent moon with flowers and vines carved along the edges.
 
She smiled slightly and put it on, since the necklace that held it was really long, she didn't have to undo the clasp to put it on.
 
Next morning........
 
"Mom? Mom, are you still here?" Kagome yelled, looking around the two-story house. She found a note on the window that said:
 
Kagome,
 
I went down to the high school to enroll you, but don't worry. School doesn't start til tomorrow. There's some food already unloaded in the fridge.
 
Mom
 
Kagome sighed and put the note away, "Might as well look around town."
 
She changed into her normal outfit (look above) and put her rollerblades on. She grabbed the keys to the door and locked it on her way out. It wasn't raining anymore, but there was a nice small breeze. Nothing big though.
 
"Day one in Japan, Sunday: Guys are already drooling on me." Kagome muttered, glaring at nearby boys who were oggling her.
 
She hadn't been paying attention where she was going so she accidentally rollerbladed right into someone.
 
"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going!" The boy said, extending a hand.
 
Kagome looked up and took the hand, "Thanks. I wasn't watching either."
 
The boy smiled at her, "I'm Rei Kon."
 
"I'm-" Kagome looked at her watch and rollerbladed away yelling, "Talk to you later!"
 
The next day....
 
For some odd reason, the school uniform for the girls was like the school uniform in Inuyasha. Except it had a blue skirt and collar and the bow was a lighter shade of blue. She put on white sneakers, grabbed her backpack, and rushed outside to go to school, seeing a brown-haired girl in the same school uniform.
 
The girl looked up, "Urashino High?"
 
She nodded, "Yeah. I'm Kagome Myama."
 
"I'm Hilary. What's your schedule?"
 
"Uummm....Period A: World History. Period B: Drama. Nutrition, then Period C: Math, Period D: PE, then there's lunch. Then E period is Italian and Period F is Science." Kagome read.
 
"Are you serious?" Hilary asked, grabbing the paper.
 
"Yeah. Why?" Kagome asked, taking the paper back.
 
"You're in almost every class with this one guy I know named Kai! He just has English instead of Italian. I have Italian, World History, PE, and Science with you." Hilary said.
 
(my school doesn't have homeroom so I'm not gonna use it.)
 
All the boys were wearing blue pants and blue long sleeved collared T-shirts. She saw one boy with two-colored hair, a blonde, and the boy she ran into yesterday.
 
"Hey guys." Hilary said, looking around. "I guess Tyson's not here yet. Anyways, this is Kai Hiwatari, this is Max Tate, and this is-"
 
"Rei Kon. I met him yesterday." Kagome said.
 
Rei took Kagome's schedule and said, "You have Math, World History, and Science with me. All of us have World History for A period."
 
Just as the bell rang Tyson came running around the corner, only to have Hilary hit him on the head.
 
"Tyson, it's the first day of school back from summer break and you're practically late!" Hilary yelled at him.
 
"But I'm not exactly late." Tyson said triumphantly.
 
"Anyways, this is Kagome Myama." Hilary said, pointing at her.
 
"Hi." Kagome said smiling.
 
"I'm Tyson Granger."
 
"Well, we're all gonna be late for A Period if we don't go." Kai said, walking down the hall to rm. 953
 
(i'm using almost all of the stuff from my school, so that's my history room number)
 
Everyone followed him and they got to choose their seats, so they all sat near each other in the back row.
 
Kai was sitting next to the window, then Rei, Kagome, Hilary, Max, Kenny, and then Tyson was closest to the door, and unfortunately for him, the teacher's desk.
 
(in my history class the teacher has two desks. One in front of the room and the other one is near the door of the room)
 
"Kai Hiwatari?" Ms. Malneck asked, taking attendance.
 
(yes, i'm using my teacher's name. The italian teacher will be my eng. Teach's name and drama will be my beg. Foods's teach's name)
 
"Hn." Kai responded.
 
"Okay. Everyone's here and there's also a new student from America joining us. Kagome Myama?" Ms. Malneck asked her to stand up, not knowing which one she was.
 
Kagome stood up and walked to the front of the class, only to have some random guys drool at her.
 
"Yes, Kagome. Tell us a little about yourself." She said, sitting in her big comfy chair.
 
(is it just me, or do history teachers always have the comfiest chairs?)
 
"Okay. I'm from Valencia in California, and before I went to Saugus High School. I was born here in Japan, but when my parents got divorced I moved to America with my mom and I'm pretty sure my dad's somewhere around Russia right now. Oh, and I play the guitar." She finished.
 
"Alright then. You can go back to your seat now." Ms.Malneck said, using the yard stick to point at her desk.
 
Kagome nodded and walked back to her desk, trying to not turn around and punch whoever was doing all of those wolf whistles.
 
One boy with short black hair and bangs that slightly went over one of his green eyes turned around, he sat in front of Kagome, and said, "Hey America, you wanna hang out later?"
 
Hilary glared at him, "Kazu, she's not interested. So you can go shave your back now."
 
Kazu glared at Hilary and winked at Kagome before turning around, right when B period bell rang.
 
Rei looked at Kai and Kagome, "Okay, Kai has drama (haha!) next too, he'll show you to the drama room." He said, before running off to his English class.
 
Kai started walking and muttered, "Hurry up Myama, unless you wanna find the drama room on your own."
 
Kagome had to run a small distance to catch up with Kai and followed him into a huge stage.
 
"Kai Hiwatari! You and Miss?" Mrs. Steele wandered off, not knowing her name.
 
"Kagome Myama." She said, fighting back the urge to hit whoever was wolf-whistling.
 
Mrs. Steele dramatically waved a hand, "Alright. She's from America, born here, all your info is in here."
 
"Uumm.....okay." Kagome said, before the teacher tossed a huge script at her.
 
"Everyone got there scripts last year on the last day of school." She said.
 
"Okay. We will be performing a great classic, written by me!" She said, in a dramatic tone.
 
(actually, I wrote it!)
 
"I call it; My Punishment for Being Me!" She yelled, twirling her hands in the air, as if introducing a star.
 
Kagome shuddered at the thought, 'Ugh, I'm reliving seventh grade. I hope I get something better than 'unimportant bystander #7'
 
The teacher just started randomly pointing at people, and randomly assigning them parts.
 
She pointed at Kazu and Kai, "You two are at a tie for the lead male, Akira. I don't care if you want it, I'll choose no matter how much you don't want the part."
 
She pointed at Kagome, "You shall play Sora, the lead female. You have the best hair."
 
Kagome smiled at the 'hair' comment but blushed since she was a lead female, 'I just hope I'm not gonna play the lead girl for Kazu. Kai would be okay, but not the best choice.'
 
"Practice!" She yelled.
 
Kagome sat on a stone bench for the rehearsal, "I know, I can't see him again. I can track him down, but I'd betray my kingdom. But I can't control my heart. The beat's too fast, I can feel it burning, like I'm missing something important."
 
Mrs. Steele dramatically clapped her hands and said, "Alright children! You have nutrition next and I will see you first thing tomorrow!"
 
Kagome caught up with Kai, since he knew where they normally met up.
 
"Hey America!" Kazu yelled from behind her. Kagome tried to walk on and ignore him, but he put his hand on her shoulder.
 
"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight. Or are you still mesmerized by my prescence?" He said.
 
"You're so full of it." She said, before walking a little faster to catch up with Kai.
 
Kai led her over to a row of trees where they normally met up. He just leaned against a tree and glared whenever Tyson made his stupid remarks.
 
Hilary looked at Kagome, "What's wrong Kagome?"
 
"That one guy from history. He's really getting on my nerves." Kagome mumbled.
 
Hilary smiled, "Kazu? He's full of it."
 
"That's what she told him." Kai muttered.
 
Hilary smiled, "I heard drama class b period is doing a romance play. She used to be my English teacher and she showed me the play, so I know every detail. So who are the two unlucky people who have to kiss?"
 
Rei shuddered, "I hope it's not like last year when a guy was picked to play Juliet for that one play."
 
"That was just plain wrong." Kenny mumbled, trying to forget that he saw that.
 
Kagome blushed, "I-I'm Sora, the lead girl."
 
Hilary jumped up excitedly, "That is so cool! The dress looks so awesome! Who's your Akira?"
 
"It's a tie. She'll either pick Kazu or Kai." She mumbled the names, trying to make them not hear it.
 
"Kazu or Kai?!" Hilary yelled. Tyson happened to over hear and smiled at Kai, "Mr. Sunshine's gonna make out with Miss America."
 
The bell rang again to show that nutrition was over and students had five mintues to get to C period.
 
Kai and Rei showed Kagome to the Math class and Mrs. Mandel introduced her while making her do poses and taking pictures of her.
 
"You're hair is so great!" Her teacher said, putting her camera down and telling her to sit between Rei and Kai, in front of the overhead projector.
 
"Kagome? You're going to be the new Sora for the play am I right?" She asked, taking another picture.
 
Kagome nodded, 'This is gonna be a long day.'
 
Kagome, Hilary, Kai, Tyson, and Max had PE and they had to do tae bo. Then they had lunch, and Hilary and Kagome made their way to Italian class while Kai and Rei went to English. Tyson, Max, and Kenny took Spanish.
 
"Kagome! Come sta?" Ms. Wayman asked. (how are you?)
 
"Uummm.....Can you repeat that?" Kagome asked.
 
Everybody had Science class last, and unfortunately, that included Kazu.
 
Mr. Dannerth asked Hilary, "What's your favorite kind of candy?"
 
"Anything. As long as there're no bugs." She said.
 
"Why? There're bugs on almost everything you eat."
 
Hilary looked like she was gonna throw up and yelled, "I'm not eating anymore!"
 
He laughed and said, "This is like when I taught a physics class. One question was: If a car is going 50 mph and hits an 80 pound cat, how far will that cat fly?"
 
(he seriously asked us that and what happened to hilary happened to me)
 
Outside of school....
 
"Okay. First day of school in Urashino: Sucked!" Kagome yelled, banging her head against a wall.
 
"On the bright side: You get to be lead female in a school play. Normally, everyone who plays lead girl-"
 
"Besides that one gay guy." Rei interrupted.
 
"What he said, has skyrocketed up into the popular galaxy!" Hilary practically yelled.
 
"Whatever. This is my house so, bye!" She said, waving to them before closing the door.
 
R&R!