Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ You Wouldn't Know Love ❯ All Out Of Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You Wouldn't Know Love...
“...You wouldn't know love
If it knocked down your door
You wouldn't Know it now
You never knew it before
If it fell in your hands from the heavens above
You wouldn't know love
No, you wouldn't know love...”
 
Chapter~1: All Out Of Love
“...I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong...”
 
Notes: Beyblade does NOT, by any means, belong to me, and, honestly, all I want of it are Kai, Ray and Brooklyn, so whoever owns the show can keep it. No offense. Anyhow, none of the original characters are mine. Only Leilani, which, sadly, I haven't even portrayed in the way I like, but I kinda needed to bend her a bit for the fic's sake. “You Wouldn't Know Love” doesn't belong to me either, though I WOULD want it, it's Michael Bolton's. “All Out Of Love” isn't mine either, and, whine, pout and/or rampage as much as I may, unless I pay a mount that I'm sure is more than two dollars, shall remain as Air Supply's. And, to avoid repeating it in the future because I hate it, the fic is PG-13 due to some language (although maybe it should be rated a bit higher, I just figured that because I used the “f” word three times, I wasn' gonna rate it R, ya' know?) and some silliness, nothing any ordinary kid wouldn't see in any common TV show. Anyhow, all warnings (I think) posted, on with the fic.
 
A golden radiance came from the falling Sun. The skies were a blend of sapphire blue, violet, magenta, orange, and ivory all mixed in a twitter of colors, plunging in a combination of tones, and enveloping the Sun, stars and moon.
Peace subsided over the calm streets of Rome. All except for one not so quiet hotel room…
 
“Why don't you ever treat me like your GIRLFRIEND, for a change! At least that's what I believe I am, although sometimes you make me think that I'm wrong! Although, one can never tell... Hmm... Maybe there's someone else,” a slim teenaged girl with a long, black braid and angry blue-green eyes stood arguing with a boy a bit older. The last phrases were spoken silkily while her pink lips twitched bitterly. She crossed her arms and raised a slim eyebrow in a questioning form.
“No. There's not,” answered the boy standing in front of her. He had violet eyes that were narrowing in annoyance and hair in two different tones of blue. He seemed to be getting angrier by the second, his emotionless mask breaking apart and his pale face taking a rather pinkish hue.
“Then why don't you ever prove it? You're making me feel like Hillary, for Christ's sake!” she shouted, moving her arms to place her hands on her hips so she could lean her face closer to his without parting the painful distance held between them, while stomping one foot exasperatedly on the wooden floor.
 
A few feet away from them, sitting in the center of a couch at the parallel location to the gap between the arguing teenagers, was a third party. He seemed to be amused by the fighting couple, since they had blocked his view of the TV.
“Hey!” he squealed in disappointment at the girl's last remark. “Don't pull Hillary into your troubles and complicate things for me!”
“SHUT UP TYSON!” and a couple of cold stares were all he received as an answer from the angry pair.
 
“I don't treat you like HE,” the angry boy began, pointing one finger towards the other, now, silent boy on the couch, “treats HILLARY. I DO treat you like my girlfriend,” he finished trying to calm the girl down and make her notice the difference.
“Come on! If you treat me like your girlfriend, then how do you treat complete strangers?” came a sarcastic comment from the girl, which had crossed her arms again and pushed her braid behind her shoulders. “Don't mess with me, Kai. I know you since I was a child and you treat me, now that I'm your “GIRLFRIEND”, in the same way you've treated me all my life!” she exclaimed, getting furious. And she did have her right to be mad, it was their one year relationship anniversary and he had nothing planned and, when she asked him if, now that he knew what day it was, he wanted to do something, he had simply and completely incomprehensibly asked “What for?” Regularly, she wouldn't mind his forgetting, but his lack of emotion was getting on her nerves lately and she was beginning to wonder if they were doing the right thing by being together.
“I'm not messing with you, Leilani! God! What do you want from me!?” he asked in desperate exasperation, while clenching his fists to hold onto what was left from his self-control. He still couldn't understand how it was that the brunette that stood in front of him had as much control as she did over his emotions. Not only did she manage to break his mask, but she actually could get him to lose his patience or, on rare occasions that he would never admit, the girl made him vulnerable.
“Have you any idea about how much it takes me to be able to express my emotions? And are you aware that you are the only person I even try to show them to?” he asked glaring into her defiant eyes with his own violet ones fuming.
“Yes, I DO know! And do you know how hard it is for me to have to live only knowing shallowly what you feel? How it feels to be unsure whether you actually FEEL something or if you're making it up just so I'll shut up? And I'm not asking much of you; all I want is ONE, one single demonstration that can prove to me that you don't see me just like one of your fellow `chums'! That you FEEL something for me! And that I'm not losing my time with a guy that can only find in me nothing but a childhood friend!” she yelled at him, her voice pleading in the last sentences as she shook her index finger in his face.
“What do you want me to DO to prove to you that I care?” he asked in bewilderment, his voice also pleading, begging for this argument to end as he pushed her hand gently out of his face.
“I don't know! Walk around the streets naked, yelling how much you love me! Take me to the most luxurious place in town and tell me a million times that your love for me has no limits! How do I know?! Be creative! If you do, in fact, care even a little you'll find a way to let me know,” she said, finally sighing in exhaustion.
She gave one last gaze into his eyes and felt defeated by his clueless expression. “I'm going to go for a walk. I need a break,” she added while taking her cel-phone off the coffee table. She began to walk past him, while looking at the floor, when she felt a strong, callused hand grab her arm and hold it tight.
“Wait... let me go with you,” came a voice, cracking and rough.
Leilani turned her view to his hand and flickered her eyes so that they could see his face. He was looking away from her, avoiding her stare.
She simply shook her head and said, “no. Thank you. I want... actually, NEED to be alone.” She tried to pull out of his grasp but, instead found that it grew stronger.
“Kai... let me go,” she said, her voice giving a hint of a threatening tone as she glared at him.
He dared himself a glance at her lovely face. Delicate features adorned its creamy, pale whiteness, which was, at the moment, slightly flushed in anger. There wasn't one thing that he could deny her. Although he hardly ever told her, she was everything to him since they had met. She was his perfect match and all they had ever had was each other, since both had been abandoned at a cold abbey in which they were taught to repress their emotions and to not trust in anyone. He, after a few years, finally succumbed into his teachings by repressing all that he had once felt; joy, anger, pain, fear, everything. Including love.
Although it wasn't until he reunited with Leilani, a year and a half before this that he realized that his emotions could come to bay when she was near. He finally understood that Leilani was who reeled his feelings and she could wake any one of them with a single wink of the eye. This made him draw near her, far beyond his beliefs of the fact that he considered himself a masochist for being attracted to someone who could practically dominate him, make him do things far beyond his will and, just as easily, hurt him.
She, on the other hand, hadn't even a clue about her power over Kai. She had always liked him, admired him, adored him. He was the only steady thing she had in her life and, just how he was bound to her; she was bound to him. She depended on him more than she wanted to, but his lure was beyond her will and she admitted in defeat that she felt he was her entire world and, if he were to disappear from her life, she'd be devastated. But, she had never lost her emotions. She never, not even for a moment, had repressed anything she felt. She always had been very open with her feelings, her heart on her sleeve for all the world to see. In that, to her depressive uncertainty, she had found that she and Kai were complete opposites in the matter. He would always wait for the last moment; the moment that would define everything, to ever express himself and she, well… didn't.
But, aside all that, Leilani had sincerely thought that they could sort things out and could be as good a couple as they were friends. But, seeing how things were going, she was having serious doubts over if they should stay together or not. It was the last thing she wanted, but she also didn't want twelve years of friendship to disintegrate over a union that wasn't meant to be. All she needed at the moment was to think, and Kai wasn't very helpful to her when it came to discussing about affairs of the heart.
“I'm serious…” she said, still glaring harshly.
Slowly, she felt him loosen his grip and, as soon as she could, she slipped her arm out of his embrace.
“Where are you going?” he asked after she had opened the door and was about to take a step out. He kept his eyes away from hers, not wanting to see the sorrow he knew he'd encounter.
“I...I don't really know... I just need to think,” she said, also trying to hide her anguish, intent on not letting him see how weak and disconsolate HE could make her.
She walked quietly out the door and disappeared at the corner of the hall. Kai simply stared into nothingness, wondering if he'd lose her for being so stubborn.
He was afraid, even though he wouldn't admit it. Afraid that the only person he cared for, would see that he could never give her everything she needed, love, joy, comfort... anything.
 
“Looks like Mr. Sourpants is gonna lose the Mrs.,” said an annoying voice from the couch.
Kai turned to glare at an indifferent Tyson. “Shut up!” Kai snapped furiously, feeling, suddenly, anger at the thought of his possible loss. A sudden need to break things, destructive tendencies, and an irrational urge to show just how angry he was, overwhelmed his being and he clenched his fists hard and bit the inside of his lip roughly to hold them back.
“She IS gonna leave, you know?” said Tyson calmly, annoying Kai even more.
“I said “SHUT UP”!” repeated Kai angrily, struggling to not explode into a wave of enraged emotions and straining himself to not strangle the other boy so he'd shut up for once.
“If I were you, I'd go after her,” Tyson finally said, giving point to every single annoying remark he had made in the last few minutes.
“No, you wouldn't,” Kai replied while shaking his head softly with a sly grin on his lips, his bangs falling over his face, covering his eyes.
“Maybe you're right,” Tyson admitted for the first time in defeat, “but I'm not you,” he finished, a small glint in his eyes.
Kai stared at Tyson in awe, he couldn't believe that this was the same obnoxious brat that he despised so much that was talking. `Tyson is giving ME advice, there MUST be something wrong in this picture,' Kai thought. He quickly shook that thought out of his head and decided to take the suggestion. `Maybe it's not too late to make Leilani know that I DO care for her, more than anything,' he thought as he began to walk out the door. Giving his back to Tyson he waved a thank you back to the other, which simply returned to watching TV as soon as Kai had left.
 
A.N.: Hi there anyone that may have read this! PLEASE WRITE TO ME! My ego is very fragile, so don't be rough on the commentaries, though I need them. Comments can be sent to my e-mail, just don't forget to put a subject or, clean freak as I am, I might erase it without even opening the thing. I think, since I'm writing off-line, that my address is posted but, just in case, it's Sapphyre3@hotmail.com. Anyhow, sorry for my slightly OOC Kai, but I tried my BEST to keep him stoic, as difficult as it may be for someone that's used to more jumpy characters as I am. I do NOT like Tyson at all and Hillary really isn't a person I'm too fond of either, so even though I don't care about their odd pairing (because Hillary shall NEVER be with Kai), I had to mention at least one disfunctional couple for Leilani to compare to. Btw, I hate Daichi and simply disagree with Kenny, so they're not really important. And, like Max as much as I sorta do (even though he's ugly in the first season and is too baby-looking in the other two), he didn't fit into this fic, so he's hardly even mentioned. I shall repeat once again, I don't like Beyblade and used it's characters because I couldn't make the plot work for Heero from Gundam Wing. I have only watched the show because it's the only anime there is here, so, sorry for anyone that DOES like it, no offense. Anyhow, all in all, I think the fic's kind of okay. Tell me if I'm wrong with sugar-coated words!