Bleach Fan Fiction / One Piece Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Dimensional Warriors: Assorted Stories ❯ Before we go. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I woke up back at the base. Tech was working nearby.

“Where am I?”

“Tech labs, isn't it obvious?”

“Okay, why not the hospital?”

“You weren't badly injured. But something happened out there, and your body is still showing traces.”

“What are you... the Crystal?” He walked over to me, slapping a sensor on my forehead.

“Precisely! As you may know the Crystals unlock hidden potentials, and bring the user up to a new level of power. However my radar showed an extreme spike in energy followed by an immediate drop.” Chopper tells me when you got a hold of the Crystal you caused some form of explosion. I want to find out why.”

“Can I go?” He gave me an indignant look.

“Fine fine, but first can you hold this?” He handed me the yellow Crystal. I felt power flow steadily into my body, nothing like the sudden surge and burning sensation the other one had.

“Good, that is a normal reaction. Overall power enhancement, if you tapped further you'd be plumbing new depths. Now, take this one.” He said, taking away the yellow one and handing me the blue one. Immediately I felt like I was bloated on energy, my skin started burning. Before it could release he took the stone from me.

“One last one.” He said, handing me the red Crystal. I felt like I was holding ten yellow crystals, I was overwhelmed, energy wanted to pour out of my body, the sheets covering me were crisping up around me.

“Spectacular. I think I've got it. Energy imprints!”

“What?” He sighed.

“Each of the elements has a different imprint to it. Each person's individual imprint can be placed under one of these twenty-four imprints. These gems have an odd imprint, but that is because they are a mixture of imprints. I'd say between three and four apiece. Now, each element reacts differently with the other elements, you have a fire based imprint, the yellow gem gives you a neutral response, basic increases in power. The red gem matches your imprint, and actually gives you more energy. The blue gem has the opposite imprint, causing a form of poisoning, where it draws in your power and radiates it violently outwards.”

“And they would react differently to different people...”

“Exactly.”

“Well that's all good, but I should get going. I'm sure we've still got more of them to find.”

“Not necessary, the last team was just sent out to pick up the fourth Crystal. The remaining three are confirmed to be in enemy hands.”

The entire base was on lock down by the time I got away from Tech. A new group had arrived, they wanted to attack the Solarus. The people rose up against them. Odin tried to maintain peace, but two went past him, going to see Metudo. I along with some others followed after, taking a side route to the main hall, where from the shadows we watched their leader fight ours.

She won, it was amazing, her body had changed midway through the fight, she looked part cat by the time she pinned Metudo. But that wasn't all that happened, apparently one of them had stayed behind, fighting Anatos.

There was a declaration that screamed out of the loud speakers; then there was a large flood and a girl came floating out.

I found out later that she used to be a guy. It didn't surprise me that when I went looking for her I found Ranma already there.

“Hey Akane.” He said nonchalantly.

“This is your fiancee?” The other girl said, with about the same level of emotion.

“It's not... Our parent's decided for us.” I said in unison with Ranma. The girl gave us a confused look.

“I was just talking to Pahhur here about you know curses and things.”

“Shame I can't touch water, I could use something like these cursed springs.”

“You know you'd still be a girl half the time right?” Ranma pointed out.

“Half would be better than all.” She sighed. I was surprised to see someone more desperate than Ranma. She even had the whole pouting thing down.

“Well it isn't all bad, you can get some free stuff as a girl!” Ranma said, a little too excitedly. I walloped him into the ground.

“Don't be teaching her that useless stuff.” He chuckled nervously at me, as he got up and tried to whisper in Pahhur's ear.

“She's so violent.”

“I heard that.” He froze up and backed away. I tenderized him a bit, and left him on the floor. No less than he deserved. I then turned to Pahhur.

“Don't listen to him too much. He's a little... special. Anyway, you're really permanently stuck?” I asked the boiling question. She sighed.

“Yeah, I don't know what world you guys come from, but we didn't even have magic in my world. Some old guy did a ritual on me. Thing was my old body was ripped to shreds beforehand, so he had to give me a new one.”

“And you really can't touch water?” Pahhur shook her head. “I'm some sort of Fire God or something. Water burns me.” My ears had twitched.

“You have fire based energy?” I hadn't heard of anyone actively being fire based around here. Some people had been suggested, but the few with any type of experience refused to teach. She nodded slowly at my enthusiasm.

“There's a lot of people here, myself included, who just recently learned they're fire based, but we don't have anyone who can show us what to do with it.” Pahhur shook her head.

“Sorry, I barely know what I'm doing either. I just start fighting and things catch on fire around me.” I sighed. “But I guess I can try, who knows maybe by trying to teach you guys I'll learn something.”

“No, no you're not completing the ball!” Pahhur flickered a perfectly round flame in front of me. “It's more comfortable to throw, and tends to explode on contact if you round it out fully.”

“For not knowing a lot you're certainly bossy.” I retorted, filling out the flame in my hand.

“Hey I at least know how to create a solid fireball.” She was way too proud.

“Pahhur-chwan!” Sanji was going off again. Since Pah decided to help out those of us that tended towards fire energy Tech put out a notice and reserved a training chamber for us. Sanji, unfortunately, was among those who stopped by.

A few others showed up at one point or another. Particularly this one guy, Zaraki. He came in, beat up Pahhur, and left. Vegeta did something similar a few days later. The room was fairly quiet, so long as one ignored the love cook dancing around in the corner. Pahhur seemed to put up with him far more than most of us.

Today though, we had someone I didn't expect watching us. Hiei was one of the strongest fire users in the base. He hadn't done anything but support the wall so far, but he was watching me. I tried to shrug it off and focus.

I needed something larger than a regular fireball. It was great that I could do it, but even Ranma knew more techniques than what equated to an energy blast. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Do you want to find what you seek?” Hiei was standing next to me. I nodded slowly, he grinned. “Follow me.” He walked away, calmly like nothing had happened. Regaining my composure I sprinted to catch up.

We stopped at one of the general training rooms. Without saying a word he leaned back against the wall. I guessed I had to watch to room. There were a ton of strong people, they were all sparring, preparing for the upcoming battle. So many abilities and techniques flew across the room. I caught sight of a familiar face.

“Yoruichi-san!” I called out to one of my teachers. She had stopped after a while, saying I needed to grow a little more on my own.

“Ah.” She motioned for a time-out with the guy she had been effectively beating before kicking off the air and landing next to me. “Akane-san.” She looked over me and grinned. “You look stronger.”

“Yeah I've got the fireball down, but I think I need something else.” I could feel Yoruichi looking me over. She grinned.

“I have an idea, you're body seems the right type to handle this, and it'll be interesting to see what fire energy does to the technique...” She clapped her hands together. “But first we should find fire retardant clothes.”

“Okay, the basic idea of this technique is you use your energy to enhance your body; at higher levels it allows you to move faster and hit harder. The downside is it is hard to then use your energy as a ranged attack as well.” I nodded. We had reserved a room for just the two of us.

“Now. Draw on your energy; but instead of pushing it into a ball, let it spread around your hand.” I watched as a red glow began to coat my hand. “Good, this is what most people call an aura. The strength varies depending on how much energy you have at your disposal. Now focus, and increase the surface area. Try and coat your whole body.”

By the time I could spread the red glow around myself, it was so dim it was almost imperceptible.

“I know you've got more in you than that.” She suddenly lit up, a white aura coating her body. “This is about the normal level. I know you can manage this.” However despite all our efforts, we were stumped. I simply couldn't draw out enough energy.

“What emotion are you drawing on?” Yoruichi finally asked. “I mean, what do you think back to when you draw out your energy. I blushed a little.

“Just... Well mostly Ranma.”

“Ooh?” She gave me a crude smile.

“Not like that! He just pisses me off! Always flirting with the others, rubbing it in my face. He's always teasing me, just because he's stronger!” She hadn't stopped smiling in fact she started laughing.

“Oh young romance. I love it.”

“It's not like that!”

“You're engaged right?”

“Our parents decided that!” She hadn't stopped laughing.

“So you're drawing on jealousy then.”

“I'm not jealous.”

“Uh-huh. Anyway, jealousy is a fairly weak emotion, we need to find something else.” She acted like I wasn't even talking. “Strong emotions are the key to strong energy.” I sighed, giving up. “What you need is something more inspiring.” She seemed to be thinking.

“Well what do you draw off of?” I asked. She just gave me a coy smile.

“You know resolve is a strong one. You should hear that Naruto kid's little speech, it's quite inspiring. Desire is another good one. Ichigo draws a lot from that emotion. The strongest by far are love and hate; but they're very fickle. Most of the time lasting only a little while. Duty would work too.” She just kept rambling until it looked like I had dropped my question.

“Alright, alright, so what do you suggest?”

“Find a higher calling.”

“What?”

“Right now you are focused on you and what you want. I know there's more strength in you, because deep down you have some very strong desires. The desire to protect people.” I opened my mouth, but lost my words. “When you've been dealing with people as long as I have, you can tell these things.”

“But I'm not that strong. I can't protect people. Ranma is always the one...”

“Ah but you are strong. He knows it, the people here know it. Heck you rank high on our charts drawing just on your jealousy. Now, imagine this. A Solarus baring down on a defenseless child.” That was easy for me, I remembered what happened just a little while after waking up at the start of this. My body reacted immediately, like flood gates opening power rushed through me.

“See, you can do it.” She said, I opened my eyes and looked at myself in the reflective surface. My entire body shown with a strong red glow. “That will only get stronger, the more you learn to control it. Come on, let's get this fine tuned; maybe we can get you on the front lines.”
Converting /tmp/phpUP0OJa to /dev/stdout