Bleach Fan Fiction / One Piece Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Dimensional Warriors: Assorted Stories ❯ Trapped! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kuwabara
“Warning! Warning! Protector class troops loose in the base! Sealing infected tunnels!” A plesant voice came on over the alarms before the pathways on either side closed up suddenly.

“Purging infected zones!” I heard the low squeal of gas pouring through the vents.

“Shit!” Koga yelled, his mouth covered. In a simple strike Choutzu cracked open the largest vent.

“What are you doing! You're just letting more in!” I yelled, moving to stop him, but Soifon grabbed me.

“Don't worry about me guys. I'll stop this.” He said, slipping easily into the small hole. A minute later there was a small explosion somewhere above us a second later a small jet of fire flew out of the open vent, catching on the gas in the room.

“Purge Failed, Three enemy casualties recorded. Venting tunnels and releasing troops.” I felt sick at how fast everything had just happened. Who else had died? Where? Why? I sat down as the walls opened up, bring with them a gust of fresh air.

“Well, we know where we are now.” Soifon said her eyes glued to the tunnels.

“Three people dead.” I muttered, slinking lower. Akari knelt next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“We don't have time for a pity party guys.” Koga said, rubbing his nose a little. “You heard the alarms, troops will be here any minute.” I got up slowly.

“Haven't you heard of a 'moment for the dead'!” I grabbed him by his cuff, pulling him in close. “Or are the rumors about demons true?” He gave me a cold stare.

“We will be joining them if we don't get moving. There will hopefully be time to mourn later.” As he spoke his piercing eyes never left mine. Finally I felt my nerves settle down and let go of him.

“Right. Then which way?”

“I think I smell humans this way.” Ayame said, returning from halfway down one of the halls.

“I guess that's the best shot we're going to get.” Koga said, motioning to the rest of our small group.

The tunnel paths twisted and turned, seemingly endlessly drenched in dim, hopeless, light. We relied on the two demon noses in the group, praying we would run into some of the others.

“To the left, the smell is particularly strong.” Ayame said, but stopped soon after turning. “Wait. Somethings wrong.” It didn't take us long to find out what, as out of the poor lit tunnels we saw people shambling towards us, even my nose was assaulted by a sudden stench of rot and decay.

“Lets... Not go this way.” I said, tapping Koga's shoulder. He looked at the other passages and nodded. Even as we turned around two of the three paths began filling with the same stench of decay, Koga and Ayame were forced to hold their noses shut, and even with that countermeasure were slowly being overwhelmed.

“Here.” Soifon said, pointing to the only remaining path. We slipped past as she used a bit of shinigami magic to block off the other passages. This thankfully dulled the smell, however before we knew it, a pit was opening behind us. Soifon turned only to have the ceiling come down between us. Akari was caught by the falling floor, Shinosuke reached out to her, but also began falling. I of course jumped after them, ready to smash anything that might be at the bottom of the pit.

Of course the bottom was lined with spikes, and of course I summoned my spirit sword and used it as a perch for the three of us. Problem was, we were trapped, and my energy wouldn't hold out forever. However it was proved unnecessary, as the spikes became tendrils, reaching up towards us.

I made sure Akari was holding on to me tightly as I released the sword that was holding us up, crafting another one as we fell. Shinosuke had his broom prepared, and the two of us began battering away the multiple tendrils until our feet found soft ground.

The light of my sword showed some form of path ahead, so we charged, cutting and pushing our way through the sea of tendrils.

Soifon
I was alone now, but that was for the best. I turned to see to the oncoming horde, trying to pick the path of least resistance before the weak barriers fell. Kido was not my strongest suit, I finally chose and drew my zanpakuto. I felt I would need some distance, and my Shikai was just not built for taking out multiple opponents.

I made my break, cutting into the first creature with a swift and clean blow, before turning into a kick and charging my body with energy blasting a small path through the clumped together foes. With another kick off I bolted through, and sped well out of range of the shambling foes, suffering only a small scratch from one of their claws.

Koga
The floor finally stopped falling and I turned to see if I could spot the humans, unfortunately there was only darkness.

“I hope they're alright.” Ayame said, I turned away and started back down the tunnels.

“Come on, we've gotta keep moving.” I said feeling her catch up to me.

“Koooga-kun!” A familiar sweet voice filled the tunnel as I heard footsteps rushing down one of the many branching paths. I turned seeing Kagome dashing up the tunnel, stopping only after she had pressed her small body into my arms.

“Kagome!? Are you alright? Is there anyone else with you?” She shook her head violently, not moving away from me.

“Koga...” Ayame was glaring at the two of us. I could feel her burning fury piercing my backside.

“Kagome... Where's InuYasha?” I asked.

“I don't know, but I did find you!” Her arms came around my neck, drawing me down into what I knew was going to be hell.

“I see how things are.” Ayame said, after elbowing the back of my head. She stomped off down a passage and out of sight.

“Ayame wait!” I cried out, trying to pull myself away from Kagome; the walls however sealed up behind her, cutting us off. Even as I tried to reconcile what had just happened I felt something odd wrapping around my chest.

Kagome's arms had become stone, as had large parts of her body, and they were slowly enveloping me. The last thing I remember was sinking into the floor and blacking out.

Choji
“Oy! Nami! Zoro! Can you hear me!” I held my ears desperately as Luffy continued to yell down the corridors. We had woken up a little while ago in capsules, aside from myself and Luffy; Sanji, Chopper, Antoine, Miroku, Genma and Roshi were with us.

“Please, I'm sure everyone can hear you Luffy.” Genma said, his eyes swimming. Luffy just stared at Genma for a little while before returning to screaming at the top of his lungs.

“Can... Someone shut him up?” I turned to the new voice, Soifon had appeared down one of the corridors, but she was breathing heavily and her left arm was wrapped in scraps of clothing. Chopper acted quickly. However he was quickly baffled by the slow spread of infection. He asked her to rest, in order to slow the spread.

So after a bit of debate most of them were going to settle into the tunnel while Chopper began treating her. I was asked to go with Luffy and find help, preferably Orihime.

So the two of us set off, Luffy still yelling at the top of his lungs as we ran.

Sanji
No sooner had those two left, than the ceiling came down behind them. Seconds later the remaining halls filled with the clanking metal, I could make out Solarus crowding down the halls towards us.

“Protect Soifon!” I yelled over to Miroku who made a curt nod and opened his wind tunnel down one of the passages. I kicked out the support of one of the remaining two, sealing the tunnel before charging down the last, drawing their fire for a few seconds before cleaving into their numbers.
Converting /tmp/phpOpLafJ to /dev/stdout