Bleach Fan Fiction / Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Princes of Death ❯ Karakura's Visitors ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Princes of Death: A High-spirited Saga
Author: chibi-kyuubi
Genre: Action/Adventure/General
Rating: K+
Summary: Prince of Tennis and Bleach crossover. The Seigaku regulars go to Karakura Town for an exhibition match, but end up getting influenced by Ichigo's reiatsu. Will they be able to master their newfound powers before it is too late to save Tokyo City from being turned into a base of operations by Aizen's minions?
Disclaimer: I neither own Bleach nor Prince of Tennis.
-----
Chapter 1: Karakura's Visitors
It has been a peaceful day so far for Kurosaki Ichigo, substitute shinigami. Days like this have become a rarer and rarer occasion for the high school boy ever since he came back from Soul Society. And with the threat of the rogue shinigami captain, Azien Sousuke and his cohorts looming over Ichigo's hometown, even the most pleasant days become nothing more than time spent worrying over the safety of his friends and loved ones. This sunny Saturday morning for instance, has passed with Ichigo lying on his bed the entire time, doing nothing in particular. He just laid there, eyes closed, unmoving.
Trying to feel the reiatsu of everyone in Karakura Town is an extremely difficult task, and required all of Ichigo's attention. He recognized the reiatsu of his friends at once: Inoue was with Tatsuki at the school gym, Ishida was somewhere near the hospital, Chad and Renji were at Urahara's, and Rukia was at the living room with his sisters. But Ichigo didn't need to sense her reiatsu to know that. They made so much noise that it was starting to bother him. He could also sense the reiatsu Toushiro and the other shinigami as they patrolled around town, always working in pairs.
The real challenge for Ichigo however, was not to locate his friends, but to search for any sign of trouble that could be caused by hollows, or worse, by one of Aizen's men. Ichigo didn't find anything that could be potentially dangerous, but he noticed unfamiliar reiatsu coming from the eastern border of town. But before he could focus on the group - he realized that it wasn't only one person, but several people with above average spiritual force in close proximity - the door of his room suddenly swung open and Rukia barged in with Yuzu and Karin, and broke his concentration
“Don't you know how to knock?” Ichigo scowled at Rukia.
“Why didn't you lock your door if you were doing something private?” Rukia retorted.
“Ichi-ni, would you like to go the park with us today?” Yuzu interrupted before the two broke into an oral argument.
“I'm sorry Yuzu, not today,” Ichigo replied.
“Why? Have you become busy all of a sudden?” Karin said sarcastically.
“Alright, alright, what is this all about?” Ichigo asked.
“There's an exhibition match between our school's boy's tennis club and the Kantou region champions today,” Yuzu said. “They're holding it at the public tennis courts in the park. I was wondering if you would like to come with us and watch.”
“Since when did you become interested in tennis?” Ichigo gave his sister an inquisitive look.
“Some of our friends are in the tennis club,” Karin answered for her sister.
“And there are rumors that the boys from the other team are very attractive,” Rukia added.
“You don't need me to go boy-watching,” Ichigo put his arms across his chest and looked away from the three girls in front of him.
“Please?” Yuzu said with a teary-eyed look her face. She knew that Ichigo, or any older brother for that matter could never, ever resist `the look.'
“You wouldn't let us girls hang around the park without an escort aren't you?” Rukia added, trying to imitate Yuzu. Ichigo thought `the look' doesn't suit Rukia at all.
“Fine,” Ichigo said after a few moments of silence. “I'll just change then we can go.”
“Thank you ni-san,” Yuzu said as they politely left the room to let Ichigo change.
The park is at the eastern side of town, Ichigo thought as he put on his sneakers. He then opened his closet and grabbed a stuffed animal inside. “Kon, wake up! You're coming with me.”
-----
The Seishun Gakuen bus arrived at Karakura Park an hour ahead of schedule, which was more than enough time for the Seigaku tennis team to warm up before their exhibition matches. A few days ago, their coach Ryuzaki Sumire received mail from her friend who was the coach of Karakura Jr. High tennis club. It was an invitation for a series exhibition matches between the two tennis clubs, and she agreed to participate, reasoning that it would be good practice for everyone. Although she herself wouldn't be able to join them because of an earlier appointment, she trusted the team captain, Tezuka Kunimitsu enough to let him manage the team in her absence. He hasn't encountered any problems during the trip so far, except for the usual quarrel between the second year rivals Momoshiro Takeshi and Kaidoh Kaoru.
 
The Seigaku regulars were already at their second lap around the park when they felt the ground suddenly shake beneath them, followed by sound of an explosion not far from where they were.
“Is everyone alright?” The team vice-captain Oishi Shuuicihrou said as he looked around to check if everyone was there. The sound of people screaming and car alarms could be heard from a distance.
“What was that?” His doubles partner Kikumaru Eiji asked. “Is it a terrorist attack?”
“I don't know,” Oishi answered. Suddenly they heard another explosion, this time it sounded much closer to their position.
“At any rate, we should go to a safer place,” Tezuka said.
“If it is indeed a terrorist attack, then we would be safer if we go to a place with fewer people.” Inui Sadaharu, the brains of the team suggested. “There's a soccer field 30 meters from here. It was empty when we passed by it earlier.”
“Alright, we'll go to the soccer field as Inui suggested. Everyone should stay close to each other,” Tezuka ordered. “Don't let your guards down.”
-----
Ichigo, Rukia, Karin, and Yuzu were almost at the park when they heard the wailing sound of police sirens. When they got to the street where the park entrance was located, they were surprised to see not only police cars, but several ambulances and a couple of fire trucks as well, all lined up in front of the park. People rushed out of the gates with a shocked expression on their faces. Police officers and firemen assisted the terrified park-goers, but the situation still looked disorderly.
 
“What happened here?” Yuzu said. A hint of fear was on her voice.
 
“I don't know Yuzu,” Karin moved a little closer to her sister. “But I'm getting a bad feeling about this place.”
 
It didn't take long for Ichigo to recognize the chilling presence there, and he felt his blood drain when he did. He looked over at Rukia who has also realized what was happening.
“Menos Grande,” The two of them said at the same time.
“Karin! Yuzu! Get as far away from here as possible,” Ichigo said. His voice was already quivering. “We'll be right behind you.”
“But ni-san!” Yuzu protested. She didn't want to leave her brother and Rukia amidst all the chaos around them.
“Let's go Yuzu,” Karin pulled her sister's arm and then nodded towards Ichigo and Rukia. “Don't take too long.”
-----
Notes: Not much PoT in this chapter, but the Seigaku guys are going to be the main characters of the story. Otherwise, I wouldn't have placed the story under the Tennis no Ojisama category in the first place. Also, the title should have been “A High-spirited Saga,” but the site removes dashes from the story titles so I changed it again. Besides, “Princes of Death” sounds much cooler ne? Please review after reading, I would really appreciate it.