Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 30Kisses ❯ Fugue ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Arched back, looking up at the stars.

Overshadowed. One hand angles a delicate chin, the other dips to grasp thin white cloth. Cold gray eyes meet melancholy purple.

"Why did you want to meet out here?"

Pushed back against the wall, harsh sound of fabric tearing. Harsher fingers against pale skin, slender bones. "You look so beautiful in the moonligh. I don't want anyone else to see you like this."

"Why would it matter?"

"I don't want anyone else to see you like this!" Long fingers slide down a fragile neck.

Stifled gasp. "I don't want anyone to see me like this either." Violet eyes close.

"Who are you thinking of?" Lips follow the path the fingers traced before.

"You." Sharp eyebrows furrow, penciling a hair-thin line on an ivory brow.

A muffled cry of pain. Red lips pull away. "Liar!"

One hand drifts over where his heart would be in his chest. The other rises, seeking the moon beyond his shoulder. He traps it before she can even catch a glimmer of it's light.



Rukia likes to pretend.

She wants to be human. Wants to grow up normal, with weird friends who sew dolls' clothes for fun and want to be giant robots when they are adults. Wants to meet a rough boy with a heart of gold and fall in love.

Wants a brother. Someone to yell at, argue with and still be each other's best friends at the end of the day. Someone to compete with, someone who would be just as proud of her as she is of him.

A sister. Someone to tease and talk to. A big white wedding that she could laugh at and fuss over and cry as she watched someone with her face walk down the aisle to meet a handsome stranger who adored her.

She wants to be a Shinigami. She wants the grace of kidou, the comfort of another voice in her head. She wants to believe she's a protector, not just another predator in Las Noches.

Most of all she wants to be someone else, somewhere else. Not an Arrancar. Not a Numero in Las Noches. Not under the Sixth Espada, because he just wants to fuck her and couldn't care less that she was actually a useful Fraccion.

Doesn't want to be Rrukia Kuchikki, Fraccion of Sexta Espada Byakuyya Kuchikki.

Take me away from here.