Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole Other Life ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Whole Other Life
Summary: Ichigo always thought his life before becoming a Shinigami, but these odd dreams or rather memories have both him and his inner hollow confused.

“Talking”
‘Thinking’
Kido
Author Notes

Disclaimer: I don’t own Bleach.

Chapter 1

Ichigo looked at a tall dark-haired woman. She was talking to another dark-haired woman and a dark-skinned woman with purple hair. They each looked sad. Then the reason dawned on Ichigo: his mother had just died. He could feel the emptiness in his soul. He could feel ir crying too. He looked to his side to find an all white boy his age next to him: the embodiment of his sorrow. The white boy disappeared the moment the dark-skinned woman started to walk over to him.

“Ichi-chan, I know you hurt inside, but I’m here for you. So are Kisuke, Byakuya-chan, Nanao, Kazumi, Gin, and Shunsui. We’re all here for you and Karin and Yuzu. Now could you please smile for me Ichi-can?” she asked.

But he couldn’t do it. The white boy didn’t smile.
The memories had been plaguing him for weeks. The person in this one was clearly Yoruichi-san and the names Byakuya, Kisuke, and Gin were all familiar but why would he have known those names the day his mom died. And the white boy in the memory was clearly Hichigo, but how could he have an inner hollow six years before he became a shinigami. Six years before Mr. Hat-and-Clogs’s crazy training. Six years before he had eighter of his fights with Byakuya. Six years before Gin betrayed Soul Society. So how the hell could he have known these names then?

“Uhhhhhh!” Ichigo said aloud.
“Mr. Kurosaki is something wrong?” the teacher asked annoyedly.
“No,” Ichigo said. ‘Damn. I completely forgot about being in school.’
He then turned to the girl on his left and whisper, “Did I miss anything important?”
“No,” she answered. She didn’t look as though she was paying attention until his outburst eighter.

It had been a month ago that his father had said they were moving. So here he was in this new school in America. It was then that he met the girl, Kathleen O’Brien, he had just questioned. She was the one who showed him around school and town.
It was also after he had met her the weird dreams started. They weren’t dreams but more like memories. They weren’t hyperbole. They seemed so real that even his inner hollow didn’t laugh at them. He instead seemed just as confused as his shinigami side. Even Zangetsu didn’t know what to say. (Hichi and the old man are both parts of his soul so figured they would have some interaction with his mind) Every night they were a different memory. Last night’s had been the night after his mother’s dead.
He couldn’t even describe the memories to Rukia or Renji. ‘Speaking of which’ he turned to his left to find both of them staring at him. They had come looking for him along with Byakuya yesterday. He had made a quick excuse that morning to get them in to class. It had also been since this morning that he had the feeling something would happen. When expressed his thoughts to Rukia, she just laughed, but Renji had nodded his head. This indicated that he too felt the heaviness of the air.
It was a few min. after he went back to listening to the teacher that a strong blast rocked the room. The next thing he knew he saw both Rukia and Renji were both separated from their gigais as well as another one. But what surprised him most was Kathleen pinned to the wall by an Arrancar. A Zanpakuto at her feet.

‘Gamikaze,’ Ichigo thought. ‘Wait how did I know that.’

Ichigo quickly ran to the sword and picked it up and quickly slashed the Arrancar. It was then he realized that he wasn’t in soul form.

“Ichi-chan, put Gamikaze down and go help Renji and Rukia,” Kathleen told him.
“But . . . ” Ichigo started.
“No buts,” Kathleen yelled.
“Fine,” Ichigo quickly placed the substitute license to his chest.
“Scatter, Senbonzakura,” Kathleen said softly.

Now don’t start on me that that’s Byakuya’s zanpakuto. It’s a technic I made up that I’ll explain in later chapters.