Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole Other Life ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Whole Other Life
Summary: Ichigo always thought his life before becoming a Shinigami, but these odd dreams or rather memories have both him and his inner hollow confused.

“Talking”
‘Thinking’
Kido
Author Notes

Disclaimer: I don’t own Bleach.

Chapter 2

Senbonzakura’s shikai form is one of the most beautiful things you’ll ever see. Anyone who’s lived though it will tell you that. Ichigo, who is one of those few who have lived, thought it was weird coming from Kathleen, and not Byakuya, but not unfamiliar. He had seen it somewhere else but where?

-Flashback-

The hollow had the dark-haired woman pinned against a wall. Her zanpakuto on the ground at her feet. He could feel his training sword on his back but knew it wouldn’t do any good against a hollow. He made a quick dash to pick Gamikaze and slash the hollow. It only made the beast angrier.

“Ichi-can, get out of here,” she yelled to him.
“No, you need my help.” Fear was vibrating though his body, but he wouldn’t let her see it.
“Ichigo, go now!” The “Ichigo” caught his attention. Onee-san never used his full name.
“But . . . ”
“No buts. Put my zanpakuto down and run as far away from here as you can.” He did half of what she asked by putting the sword down but he couldn’t run.
“Well looks like I get to use my new technic. Scatter, Senbonzakura!”

The hilt changed color and the blade fell into the grace petals of a cherry blossom tree. Then she raised her hand and brought it to her chest and the leaves that were now tiny blades embedded themselves into the hollow’s back. It roared with pain and dropped the woman from its death grip. She quickly got up, picked the hilt off the ground and face her opponent.

“Fire, Gamikaze!” She yelled.
And soon the original blade was slashing through the hollow’s mask. And it began to dissolve.
“That was really cool, Onee-san,” Ichigo said as he ran over to her. She turned to him. Her eyes were cold and emotionless.
“Ichigo, the next time I say run, you had better run. Hollows aren’t a laughing matter. They can and will kill you,” she said, her voice emotionless.
“I’ll listen next time I promise,” he replied softly.
The next thing he knew he was in a bear hug, and she was laughing her loud, sweet laugh.
“Well, I guess I should congratulate you. You fought your first hollow and lived to tell.”

-End Flashback-

Ichigo watch Kathleen raise her hand and bring it to her chest the same way his Onee-san had. The Arrancar roared the same way the hollow had when the impact came and they were soon facing each other. Kathleen with a bladeless hilt and the arrancar with a hiltless blade.

“Let’s get out this classroom and to a more open area, ?” She paused, waiting for a name.
“Laloca,” the arrancar replied. “You? I like to know the names of the souls I eat.”
“Kazumi,” she replied. “Now Laloca, let’s take this to hallway.”

The waited till they were situated to start fighting.

“Cero!” Laloca yelled.
“Fire, Gamikaze!” Kazumi yelled back.
“Cero!” another Arrancar yelled.
‘Another one,’ Kazumi thought wildly.

She blocked the first Cero beam and knew she didn’t have enough time to block the second. But it never connected. She turned slightly to find another man had blocked the second Cero.

He too turned, smiled, and said, “Couldn’t let my best girl get hurt.”
“Captain Kurosaki?” She asked.

Cliffy. Sort of. What’s going to happed in the fight? Why is Ichigo’s dad there? What is with Ichigo’s weird memories? And why is the school still standing? All these answers and more questions to come. Small FYI: Kathleen/ Kazumi isn’t Ichigo’s real older sister.