Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole Other Life ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Whole Other Life
Summary: Ichigo always thought his life before becoming a Shinigami, but these odd dreams or rather memories have both him and his inner hollow confused.

“Talking”
‘Thinking’
Kido
Author Notes

Disclaimer: I don’t own Bleach.

Chapter 3

Rukia, Renji and Ichigo he entered the hall just as the second Arrancar fired its Cero. Now with the “Captain Kurosaki” echoing through the hall, the trio stared dumbfoundedly at the duo in the middle of the hall.

Kazumi’s face was burning after hearing her former Captain’s earlier comment. But the laughing coming from the doorway closest her was what was really making her mad.

“Tell me Umi-chan, do you and Captain Kurosaki need our help?” Gin Ichimaru asked. Beside him Toshiro Hitsugaya was smirking.
“Bankai!” Was her response to Gin’s question. She quickly placed her two swords’ hilts together to form a bow. “Fire,” she yelled as she fired a spirit arrow at the Arrancar. Ichigo recovered from his stupor and prepared to attack.
‘We need to fight together, King,’ Hichigo said.
‘Together?’ Ichigo questioned.
Yes together. Trust me,’ Hichigo replied.
“We’re here too,” Ichigo’s dual voice yelled as Zangetsu connected with the Arrancar’s back. Kazumi smirked. Disconnection her swords and taking her favorite stance she said, “Gin, Shiro-kun, make sure there are no more Arrancar or hollows in the school.”
“Hai!” they both disappeared.
“Ichi-chan, go bankai,” Kazumi said.
“Why? Hichigo and I are able to handle him without that,” he questioned.
“Just listen to me. Believe me there is a huge strain on your power. The two of you are in a power struggle without realizing it,” she told him.
“Fine, bankai!”

The hollow mask completely covered Ichigo’s face now. His body felt much better. He hadn’t even realized there was a strain until it was no longer there.

“Feel better?” she asked.
“Yeah. Getsuga tensho!” the attack slashed to Arrancar in two and began the purification process. The other hollow too was dissolving by Isshin’s hand.
“No other hollows or hollow like creatures but little Ichigo over there,” Gin replied to his earlier command. Toshiro looked over at Ichigo but said nothing. He remembered originally helping in Ichigo’s training years earlier.

Now that the fighting was done, Kazumi could finally kill her captain or at the very least embarrass him.

“Tell me Gin, can you name for me the four drunkenness captains. Notice I said Captains, so Rangiku and Renji are out,” she questioned her old friend.
“Well in that case, I would say Kisuke Urahara, Shunsui Kyoraku, Yoruichi Shigouin or is it Urahara . . . ”
“Eighter works, Gin. They’re as close to being married as any of us,” Kazumi said.
“And of course Isshin Kurosaki.” Gin finished.
“Still insulting me, Umi-chan?” Isshin asked.
“Still flirting with me? Don’t you know I’m way out of your league? Can’t you imagine me, born and raised in Seireitei, dating a 78th rukoner like YOU?” Kazumi asked smugly.
“Your brother did,” Isshin came back with.
“He has you there,” Gin chimed in.
“Let’s leave Byakuya and Hisana out of this,” Kazumi lost her smugness.

Wait what is this. Who exactly is Kazumi and how she related to Byakuya. PS: that’s a rectorial question.