Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Anything for Her Captain ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
In the aftermath of Aizen's betrayal of Soul Society, Matsumoto does a lot of thinking. And she comes to a frightening conclusion.She's exactly like Momo.She knows most of the Gotei 13 would scoff. Alike? Matsumoto and Hinamori are as different as you could get, without genderswitching one of them. Matsumoto is tall, loud, blonde and er, over-endowed. She never does her paperwork, is always late and sleeps in during working hours. That's if she bothers to come in; she's usually out drinking with Shunsui rather than stuck in the office. Momo, on the other hand is short, childish and quiet. She's highly responsible and more of a shrinking violet than anything else.Rangiku would agree with all these points. But for all their differences as people, their actions are far too similar for comfort.The bare bones of the matter is that both of them supported their captains and turned against their best friends. Never mind that Aizen was an expert liar who decieved all of Soul Society or that Gin was a creepy bastard who almost everyone hated. Hinamori and Matsumoto acted in exactly the same way.Other people seem blind to that fact. She knows what they would say. So what? It doesn't change the fact that Aizen betrayed Soul Society and Hitsugaya didn't. It just means that you were right.But what if it had been the other way around? Would she have still supported Hitsugaya? Would she still have defended him against Gin?Of course not. That's the answer she would give if anyone asked her. And they would nod and agree because, of course, Matsumoto isn't that naive. She see through the deception immediately. Just like Shuuhei. Just like Kira. And they'd all conveniently forget that even though Kira knew what was happening was wrong, he still went along with what his captain told him to do.Actually, she's even worse than Kira. Matsumoto can't imagine her captain betraying Soul Society. She pictures someone telling her the same things that they were all telling Momo, and she can see herself reacting the same way all too clearly. She'd take Hitsugaya's word over anyone else. She'd defend him against her best friend without a qualm.No, she had already done that. When she raised her sword against Gin, it had been without the slightest bit of doubt or hesitation. If Hitsugaya had ordered her to raise her hand to counter Soul Society, she would have done it without question.Would still do it without question. Rangiku wonders if that makes her worse than Momo. The Vice-Captain of the 5th at least is still obviously deluded about the faults of Aizen and herself. Rangiku knows now that she puts far too much trust in her captain, but would still act the same way. Momo was deceived. Rangiku is willfully blind.These revelations shock her to the core. Previously she had hated Hinamori for her actions, for choosing Aizen over her childhood friend, for being so naive as to still believe in his redemption. But while Matsumoto still hates what Hinamori has done, she finds that she can no longer blame her.After all, they are exactly alike. Anything for her captain.