Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Habits ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bad Habits
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: Written for the Week# 62 prompt at bleach_contest: Vaizard. A character study of Urahara; a man of many, many bad habits.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
He was a mass of bad habits. Urahara Kisuke couldn't remember a time when he hadn't had at least one that his parents/tutors/superior officers weren't trying to break him of. No one - other than Yoruichi - seemed to understand that he liked most of those habits, and had no desire to give them up. There was, however, one habit he did want to break; the only one he literally could not. Doing so might jeopardize the entire world.
 
Once his favorite habit, it had become a curse. His love of interfering with the lives of his most promising students had caused all sorts of trouble over the years. The worst part was that it had always been done with the best of intentions. But every time, the results were disastrous. Aizen became a megalomaniac. Hiyori and the rest who had trusted him were turned to Vaizard in a misguided attempt to “fix” Aizen. What he'd done to Ichigo didn't even bear thinking about. All because he couldn't stop meddling.
 
Worse, he couldn't stop. Wasn't allowed to stop, because his penchant for interfering was the only thing holding Aizen's plans in check. It was truly a vicious cycle that could only end when one of them finally emerged truly victorious; probably when one of them would be dead. Then, should he survive it, he could finally work on breaking that particularly bad habit of his.