Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Battle Cry ❯ What does the words and pictures mean? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Bleach. Just using the characters for a mixed up fic. The minute you think that, please, don't email me saying that I own it when I don't.
 
Battle Cry - 2
What does the words and pictures mean?
 
 
“Itai! What in God's name have you done to Me.”? Ichigo was yelling at the top of his lungs, doubting that anyone could hear him due to the rushing of water from the irrigation system.
      “Absolutely nothing, you've done it to yourself,” quipped Rukia. “You don't remember anything do you?”
      “Nani, what did I do?”
      “Only used a deadly technique without thinking! Saying that if you didn't complete the challenge, you would die a horrible death resulting in an afterlife being used as a devil's play thing.” The powerless shinigami didn't know if that last part was right, but she knew for sure that the technique was dangerous.
      Rukia explained the whole technique. “It is a mixture of a forbidden technique with the normal technique called “Will to Cut” It contained some high wordless kuso. Only 4 people in the Shinagami Academy history could actually use this ability and only one lived to talk about it. He also died within 2 weeks of using it. “
      Ichigo's face could turn from a scowl to a look of fright in very little time.
      Ichigo stammered a bit while he tried to say what was on his mind but his tongue and face wasn't working the way he hoped. “Sss-so what … now? Do I finish this … challenge or do I just die?” This fear something that Ichigo wanted to never feel, the loss of his life and of course, how it would affect his family.
      “I don't know? I am willing to look up some research about this ability but there will not be much about it. Like I said, the surviving shinagami still died within 2 weeks after using the technique, in those 2 weeks he grew feral when he could not cut anything. He was not able to provide us with much information regarding the technique… His Battle Cry was different from yours; there were similarities but the technique draws on the individual's spirit power. Here let's break it apart and hope we can answer some of it, ne?”
      “Alright, you'll have to repeat it because I don't know it,” explained the cranky dumbfounded replacement.
As one soul picks up the sword, a connection is made,” stated Rukia in a nonchalant way.
      “Well that's easy, all warriors have the same kinda connection when they pick up a weapon. What else is left?” stated Ichigo.
Both shall now take up a cause and fight for what must be done.”
      “Again, I'm fighting for all the souls who need protection from the Hollows.”
The Blood of both the Friend and the Foe must now be taken to heart of the Keeper.”
      “Who the HELL is the Keeper?!?, the Friend, and the Foe? I know that the Hollows are my foes but who are my friends? It could be anyone; Chad, Inoue? Even that damn Ishida! let alone somebody who I would call friend. Maybe the Keeper is the person who holds the sword or the one who keeps the souls. Argh, this part doesn't make sense at all. Let me hear the next one.” Ichigo's frown deepened further.
Let it be known, the Task of Soul and Sword shall be given and must be done.”
      “That might be the challenge; Soul and Sword of the warrior but it could be different? It could be what I am looking for… Is there more?
      “Just one bit more…” Rukia was grim.
For if the Cry is unanswered, the Cry shall be silenced and shall not be recognized.
      “Well that simple, I just die, nothing new about that. I need to figure out just how long till I have before the end. Maybe I can answer the challenge before that.” Ichigo flopped onto his back.
      “I don't know? Like I said, I have to do some research first. Let me talk to a guy I know about it tomorrow and I try to get more details about it.” Rukia was tired of hearing him talk about it, still asking the same question. “I knew I should have brought my marker with me; at least I could of draw to help explain some of my answers…” She could see the pictures clearly in her mind.
      “Alright, let's go home then, I need to think about what you said after I get some sleep.” Ichigo was still feeling the pain in his limbs as he moved about, it felt like someone was constantly pricking him with needles. 
      As he looked around for the dropped sword, the prickling was decreasing; the need to hold the sword was subduing the pain.
      When he grabbed the sword, the ache dulled to nothingness. No feeling at all. Empty. Something in the back of his mind was going wild begging him to cut something, to take his mind off the feeling of nothing, to stop the rain.
      “I can smell, taste, hear, and see but I cannot feel anything at all. Maybe, it's the next stage of the Battle Cry? I just hope it's a temporary thing. I want to feel things again…” Ichigo mused quietly.
      Rukia masked the despair that clenched at her when she saw the sadness on his face.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Blood. There was blood everywhere.
To a persons eyes, a river of blood up to their hips, covering everything but the hilt of a sword. The flow felt like it was coming from upstream, downstream, and side stream. In the real world, it would make no sense. A whirlpool of blood.
Why is there no end to the flow of blood? It's coming from everywhere! Why? Why? Why?
Then the flow stops. A feeling of uneasiness develops deep within the heart of the person. Then, the flow starts again, except this time; it goes straight to the blade. Like it was being called there.
Trying to stop the blood, the person tries to push back the blood but to no avail. The only thing that made sense to try was to remove the blade itself.
As the person tries to pull at the blade, a blinding light and a searing pain goes through the person. Making it feel like there is no end to the bloody battle.
Only after a dedicated will grows within the person, will the sword give in and slide free from the hilt. The blade is held up in front of the person's eyes. Slowly, the eyes open gaze upon a black and red blade that shows a reflection of the person.
The image is not who the person sought to see. The grinning face of a Hollow with bright orange hair is staring into the person's soul.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      Ichigo woke from the dream, soaked in a sweat. 
      Testing his body he discovered that he still had no sense of feeling. The tangy smell of blood was still in his nose. 
      Shaking in fear, he got up from his bed and went to go and get a drink of water. 
      Before his left the room, he could hear the quiet sobbing of Rukia.