Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Be Mine ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Be Mine
Rating: PG
Summary: Just a cute piece about Rangiku and Rukia. From Rukia’s POV. Don’t read if you have a problem with same sex pairings.

Disclaimer: I do not own these wonderful characters, they belong to Tite Kubo.

The Living world was a beautiful place, and this world calmed Rukia’s overstressed nerves. Of course, it probably had to do with the fact that here she could be herself and she wasn’t judged by her last name. This world lacked the formality of the Soul Society.

Right now, though, it wasn’t the beautiful sunset that had Rukia transfixed. At this moment Rangiku looked beyond beautiful with the setting sun bathing her in rays of orange and gold. The raven haired woman had always admired the lieutenant of squad 10. The redhead was intelligent (she hid it well), strong, confident, and caring. For years Rukia had watched the older woman from afar. Then Aizen betrayed them and Rangiku, Ikaku, Yumichika, and Captain Hitsuguya came to the living world as the first line of defense against the arrancars and espada. During this time, Rukia learned a lot about the older woman and quickly fell in love with her.

Rukia’s heart beat painfully against her chest she observed the older woman who appeared to be lost in thought. “Lieutenant Matsumoto?”

Rangiku looked at her questioningly, before she pouted. “You know you can just call me Rangiku, right?”

Rukia knew she was blushing at the thought of being so informal with the other woman.

Rangiku grinned impishly “So you mind if I just call you Rukia? I mean we spend so much time together, why should we be so formal? Besides formality is sooo boring.” She winked at Rukia, which caused the younger woman to blush even more.

“No I don’t mind at all.” Rukia answered before asking, “Um, Rangiku, is something wrong?” She cursed her inability to speak around the one she loved as well as her hesitancy at asking such a personal question.

The strawberry blonde’s pale eyes shifted back to the sun which was halfway below the horizon. At first Rukia thought she had overstepped her boundaries but before she could berate herself Rangiku sighed.

“I’m worried about my captain. Something is bothering him and he won’t tell me what it is.” Her voice was laced with frustration. “He’s determined to deal with it by himself. He thinks it will just be a burden for me.”

Rukia snorted, not a very lady-like action but most of her friends were male. “Captain Hitsuguya reminds me of Ichigo sometimes. They’re both so stubborn and determined not to be a bother to anyone, which only makes the rest of us worry more.” There were times when Rukia wanted to strangle the orange haired young man, who just happened to be one of her best friends. “Unfortunately, until Captain Hitsuguya decides to tell you there is nothing you can do to help.” She wished she could offer better advice.

Smiling softly, Rangiku replied “You’re right and I know he’ll eventually tell me.” They were quiet for a few minutes, both women enjoying each other’s company. Out of nowhere, Rangiku’s mood changed from concerned to cheerful “Well there’s nothing I can do about it right now, right?”

“Um…right.” Rukia agreed slowly. It was a well known fact that the lieutenant of squad 10 was prone to sudden changes in mood, but this change still took Rukia by surprise.

“How about we get some take-out, rent movies, and have a movie night? Sound good?”Rangiku looked thoughtful for a moment. “Orihime is spending the night at that Tatsuki girl’s place so the only person at the apartment would be my captain. He’ll probably stay in his room so that means it will just be you and I. Want to do it?”

‘Is she kidding,’ thought Rukia, ‘there is no way I would ever turn down a chance to have her all to myself.’ “That sounds like a great idea!”

A couple of hours later, the two women were watching their third movie. Rukia had no clue what the movie was about as she was completely focused on Rangiku. Somehow they ended up sitting side by side on the couch and as the night passed they ended up sharing a blanket.

‘If my heart beats any faster, I’ll have a heart attack.’ Rukia thought. She was deeply aware of every place where their bodies touched and Rangiku was so warm.

“Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?” The strawberry blonde asked, her voice soft and velvety making shivers run through Rukia’s body. She couldn’t find her voice so she nodded her head.

Rangiku smiled gently “Do you prefer men or women?”

The bluntness of the question startled her for a moment. Swallowing, she answered slowly. “I like women.” This situation didn’t feel real.

Rangiku seemed pleased with her answer. “Do you like me?”

Rukia’s brain stopped functioning as hope fluttered throughout her body. Licking her lips she answered “I do.” The pale eyes were locked with her own.

One of Rangiku’s hands came up to slowly caress one side of her face. “I’m glad,” Rangiku said softly, “because I like you a lot. Can I kiss you?”

Rukia’s eyes widened before she mentally kicked herself and nodded. The hand caressing her face gently moved to cup it. Rukia held her breath in anticipation.

“Close your eyes.” The strawberry blonde whispered. Rukia did as she was told. Suddenly soft, warm lips brushed against her own lips once, twice before deepening the kiss. Rukia whimpered softly, this was heaven! Far too soon Rangiku pulled back, her hand went back to caressing Rukia’s skin. “Rukia?”

The younger woman slowly opened her eyes to look at the older woman. Rangiku was smiling again, her clear eyes dancing with happiness. “Will you be mine?”

Joy bubbled up around her heart. There was only one answer the raven haired woman could give. “Yes.” Then she asked shyly “Will you be mine?”

“Of course.”

In his room Toshiro rolled his eyes. “Finally.” He was happy that the two women had found each other. ‘Now if only Rukia’s work ethic would rub off on my lieutenant.’