Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Because ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Because
Nobody understood it.
He said it was good, then, they didn't need to understand it.
Nobody thought it was real.
She said it was very real.
Nobody knew why.
Because, they said. Just because, and that was all the reason they needed.
Nobody got what they had in common. She was kind, gentle, sweet, and believed in doing what she needed to. He was mean, violent, forceful and…er…believed in doing what he needed to.
Alright, so they did have something in common. But only that.
They were both very good leaders of their respective divisions, and very good at their respective jobs.
And that.
They both believed in cruelty before kindness.
And that.
They both…er…liked tea.
He heard the rumors, and she heard the rumors, and they were both greatly amused from the tidbits that came to their ears. (these rumors ranged from `he's holding her (random stuffed animal)/fukutaichou/Center 46 hostage (no one put it past him to actually do this) to make her go with him' to `Aizen's got them both brainwashed and this is just distraction for another attack')
They were a bit annoyed, though, when no one would believe them when they just said, “Because.”
But, they supposed, the relationship of Unohana Retsu and Zaraki Kenpachi was difficult to understand.
It was certainly difficult to explain.
How was he supposed to say that knowing her made him feel like he was privileged, that having someone like her want someone like him (he knows what he is, and most of the time he doesn't care, except this time it's her) makes him feel like it's going to end and makes him hope it never does?
How was she, in turn, supposed to say that in this man without things like normal morals, ethics and respect for the sanctity of life there was an honor and strength of character that others did not even approach? That this man, called untrustworthy and dishonest, was one she would trust with her life and that she would never doubt his word?
There was no way to explain it, so they didn't try. They just said “Because.” to every questioner, and there was every thing right there in that word.
“Why do you love her?”
“Because.” Because she's good. Because she's kind. Because she cares, and she cares so much that she'll do what she needs to no matter what it takes out of her.
“Why do you love him?”
“Because.” Because he's brash. Because he's honest. Because one of the things he loves most in this world is a pink-haired little girl and to that little girl he's her whole world.
Because I do love him/her.
And that was all the reason they needed.
-end-