Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Dethroned ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dethroned
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: Written for the prompt: Someday. A short conversation between Ichigo and Zangetsu after Shirosaki wins another round.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
“You lost,” said Zangetsu, his voice echoing in the darkness.
 
Shackled, Ichigo stared at his zanpaktou in horror. He couldn't have lost. It was impossible. Not to Shirosaki. “You're wrong.”
 
The last time he'd lost to his inner Hollow, Ishida was hurt. What would be the cost of his failure this time? His father, or maybe his sisters? Wounded - or worse - by this maniac inside him? Ichigo struggled ineffectually against his bonds.
 
Zangetsu shook his head, something like pity in his voice. “Perhaps someday you'll break free again. If you do, you'll know where to find me.”
 
“You're just gonna leave me here like this, old man?”
 
“In here, we serve the King.” The deep voice floated back to him as its owner walked away. “You better get used to being ridden hard, Ichigo. You've just been demoted.”