Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Objective Truth, Subjective Wisdom ❯ Dying in Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author notes are at the end.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach
---------------------------------------
 
Chapter 2: Dying in Love
 
 
Love was an emotion that bound humans to the endless cycle. Love for one's self, love for another, love for material wealth, love for violence, love for fame, love for corruption, and love for power…the list seemed endless itself. However, people never seemed to realize that the desire for enlightenment, not love, was salvation.

Pityingly, those in power here in Soul Society recognized nothing but the love of status quo.

“Gin, how long have you
been my vice-captain?”

“Aizen-t
aichou, you must be teasing me. You've already forgotten?” Smiling eyes were half-closed, but respectful all the same.

“It is time, Gin.”

“Time for…?” An inquiring tone lit his voice.

“Assume a captain seat.” I commanded.

Understanding set in and no hesitation occurred befo
re the response of “Yes, Aizen-taichou” reached my ears.

I looked away, satisfied. The pieces were moving as they should.

The balance between Soul Society, earth, and Hell defined existence for most beings. Should the balance be disrupted, existence may also be disrupted. However, a disruption may also work in my favor. For that end I strove forward, collecting those who were needed along the way, plans laid out so far out that they disappeared, like two fugitives in the night.

When I met the quiet and solemn shinigami slated as the Fourth Division captain, I knew her for who she was; the subjective wisdom to my objective truth. By our eyes alone an entire dialog occurred and understanding passed. I would have her help when it was needed, for she too was sent like I had been.

Replacement of my empty vice-captain seat proved to be easy. Hinamori Momo, a gentle soul, was the obvious choice. Her loyalty and ties to the up-and-coming young genius would surely be beneficial. With this thought in mind, it was decided.

Time passing had no meaning to me in the human sense and so I waited till the perfect moment came to hand.

It came in the form of Kuchiki Rukia and Kurosaki Ichigo.

Staging my death with the help of Unohana turned out
simpler than I'd thought. It also gave me time to take care of loose ends.

Manipulative would be a word used by those to describe me if they saw below the layer of smiling indigo and the warm layer of love. However, it wasn't manipulation that I had engaged in, only the transmutation of unsightly things into true desire.

Underneath the indigo and love, one saw only objective truth staring back out at them.

That was the last thing seen by the Government Council. It was the last thing to embrace the fallen Hinamori.

Wiping my blade clean, I turned to leave the room in a flurry of white.

“Let's go, Gin.”

“Yes, Aizen-taichou.”

Blue from the indigo plant is deeper than its origin.
 
 
 
 

=====================
================

A/N: More Buddhist ramblings.

Taking Aizen's name, I came across two meanings:

1. Indigo Dye (literal meaning). "Blue from the indigo plant is deeper than its origin" can be understood as "The student can be greater than the master".

2. Aizen (Aizen Myo-o) is also the name of one of the 8 Buddhist deities that guard and serve the Bodhisattvas. Aizen Myo-o believes that human love can be converted into spiritual enlightenment. Another name for Aizen Myo-o is Ragajara, the wisdom king named Craving-Filled. It is said that this deity purifies earthly desires and frees people from the illusions and sufferings caused by earthly desires. The wisdom kings, a group of deities, are said to destroy all obstacles.

3. Aizen Myo-o represents the doctrine that "samsara is nirvana" (shoji soku nehan). It means that nirvana is not another realm but the true reality of the world of birth and death.

4. I made Unohana be the shinigami version of Fudo Myo-o, one of the 5 Buddhist deities that guard and serve the Buddhas (in a different group from Aizen-myoo). Fudo-myoo is said to convert anger into salvation and carries a "kurikara" or devil-subduing sword in right hand (which also represents wisdom to cut through ignorance) and holds rope in left hand (to catch and bind up demons). Unohana's zanpakutou sorta fits these, huh? Also, Fudo Myo-o is often represented standing or sitting on a rock, as Fudo ("Faith") is unmovable. Unohana can stand or sit on top of the bankai form of her sword.

5. Fudo Myo-o represents the principle that "the defilements are bodhi" (bonno soku bodai). It means that bodhi, or enlightenment, is not the eradication of the defilements, but their liberation and transmutation into the wholesome energy of the enlightened mind.

6. Aizen Myo-o and Fudo Myo-o are sometimes identified with the Ni-o, the Two Deva Kings, who are a dual form of Dainichi Nyorai, who is a personification of the universal body of Buddha. Therefore, Aizen Myo-o represents objective truth while Fudo Myo-o represents subjective wisdom.

What it all boils down to is that Aizen is transmuting existence so that they can attain enlightenment. Hah...I know my brains been fried by writing this.