Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Death ❯ Kuukaku's Cannon ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Once again, I DO NOT and WILL NEVER own any part of Bleach or Inuyasha. I merely beg the forgiveness of the authors for twisting their characters and ideas to fit my sick needs.
 
NOTE: NO INUYASHA CHARACTERS WILL BE DEPICTED IN THIS WORK! I MERELY TOOK SEVERAL IDEAS TO SUPPLEMENT MY OWN!
 
Major spoilers on the way!
 
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
 
“Captain, you wanted to see me?”
I walked into my Captain's office, my eyes scanning today's list of due paperwork. Sensing something was wrong I looked up to see Captain, my Captain, dead. He was sitting in his chair, his torso resting on the table in a pool of blood as the red liquid wicked up his white coat. I repressed the urge to vomit as I dropped my clipboard, my heart dropping down beside my stomach.
“Captain!” I screamed as I ran up to him, pushing him back in his chair. “Captain Urahara!”
I felt for a pulse, my fingers shaking as my other hand searched for the wound. Not finding a pulse I dropped to my knees as I frantically searched for the wound, finding it by my Captain's heart. Gathering my energy I prepared to use kido to resuscitate him, hoping that he wasn't too far gone to be saved. The energy flickered and flared as I gathered it, hoping my basic training in healing kido would be enough though logic told me otherwise.
“That won't work.”
My heart stopped when I heard that voice, the kido vanishing as I slowly turned around. There, standing with my Captain's blood on his blade, stood Aizen Sosuke. A sick smile adorned his face as he started to walk out of the shadows, my eyes unable to look away as my Captain's blood dripped to the floor off the end of his blade.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked, unable to manage more than a whisper. “Why would you do something like this? Why!?”
“He was in the way.” said Aizen simply, the same sick smile on his face.
“In the way of what!?” I screamed as I jumped to my feet and attempted to claw at his face. “I'll fucking kill you, you son of a bitch!”
He only smiled at me as I lurched to a halt, my muscles feeling like jelly. I dropped to my knees as my mind frantically told my body to get back on its feet before Aizen did to me what he had done to my Captain.
“How does it feel?” asked Aizen as he squatted down in front of me, my limbs turning from jelly to lead. “How does it feel to know you have failed your Captain?”
“Damn yo…” I started before retching uncontrollably.
“Now, now. Ladies such as yourself shouldn't swear.” said Aizen as he waved his finger back and forth in front of my face.
As I tried to spit the bitter taste out of my mouth I asked, “What do you want?”
“Isn't that obvious?” he asked as he tilted his head to the side.
I felt the urge to vomit again as his free came out to touch my face. Hoping that he would be caught off guard, I grabbed his hand with my left and pulled him off balance before punching him with all my strength. Feeling the illusion beginning to slip away I jumped to my feet and dashed out the door and scrambled for the exit.
“If I can just find Captain Ukitake or Captain Kyoraku…” I thought as I ripped the door open and stumbled out onto the streets.
Looking around I found the street deserted and nearly started crying as I ran for the nearest alley, knowing it was the quickest way to Ukitake's division. Turning the corner I quickly made my way past the two intersections before making a sharp left. I skidded to a stop, throwing my hands out behind me to break my fall.
“A dead end?” I asked myself as I found myself facing a wall that had never existed before. “There's no way!”
“It appears you have no where else to go, Reijin-san.”
I looked around the corner to see Aizen approaching, his illusions prying at the edges of my mind. Giving up on the 13th Division I continued on down the street, hoping to run into someone who could help. As I ran I tried to clear my head but I couldn't think straight as I ran, my knowledge of Seireitei's streets evaporating. Turning the corner I couldn't stop myself and I ran into someone dressed in a Captain's coat. Hope burgeoning in my chest I looked up, hoping to see Captain Ukitake but it quickly deflated at the sight of Aizen.
“Give up. There's no one here to help you.” he said casually as I screamed.
His reiatsu flared as his arms wrapped around me, the thickness of it suffocating me as he held me in place. My right arm slipped out of his hold and I lashed out in desperation, darkness creeping at the edge of my vision at the lack of air. The butt of my palm connected with his nose, his reiatsu letting up for a second as he recoiled, but his hold did not lessen.
“Don't you understand? You've lost.” he said calmly in the air of one talking to a stubborn child, his nose unbroken.
I tried to claw at his face with my free arm but he grabbed it, bending it slowly as he prepared to break it. Without thinking I sunk my teeth into his hand, tasting blood as he stopped twisting my wrist.
“Remove your teeth.” he said firmly and I snarled as I bit even harder. “I will say it one last time. Remove your teeth or I will break those as well.”
I shook my head and he clouted me on the side of the head with his free hand, stars dancing in front of my eyes. He struck me again, this time harder and I felt something warm trickling down the side of my face. His blows became regular but I refused to let go, hoping to hold on long enough for someone to come and help. I let out a cry of pain as my jaw unclenched, his latest blow sending me to the ground. My hand went up to wipe back the warm liquid on the side of my face and looked at my hand to see it was blood.
“You actually drew blood.” he said absently as he looked at his wrist, teeth marks clearly visible.
I spit his blood out of my mouth as I attempted to stand, but all the blows to the head had made me a little shaky. My hand wrapped around Honorable Ruler and I attempted to draw him out, though my position on the ground made it somewhat difficult. I pointed him at Aizen, hoping to muster the energy to at least reach shikai. It would only take one hit and he'd be on the ground foaming at the mouth. I bared my teeth at him as he shook his wrist and redrew Kyoka Suigetsu, the blade looking thirsty for my blood.
“Help me!” I screamed as I tried to gather together my energy, but it all trickled away as if it were water within my cupped hands.
“Remember, it's all in your head.” said Aizen quietly as he swung.
***
I cried out as I sat up, drenched in sweat. I looked around, expecting to see the bastard still standing over me, but I was alone in my room. Glancing down I could see that my hands were clenching the sheets so tightly my knuckles were white. Once I had calmed myself down I attempted to go back to sleep, but the image of Aizen standing over me wouldn't go away.
“Damn it.” I muttered angrily as I threw back the covers and stood up.
I hated those dreams, even though they had been quite common after I had left the Seireitei. Even if I managed to wake up the moment I fell back asleep I'd fall right back where I had left off. Over the years I had discovered that the best cure for bad dreams, at least for me, was to exercise. I quickly slipped into my uniform and finished by slipping Honorable Ruler into my obi before stepping in front of the mirror. I brushed my shaggy black hair back from my face, surprised at how pale I was. Noticing that one of the loops on my obi was out of place I bent over to correct it. As I straightened I jumped when I saw Ryuujin hovering over my right shoulder.
“Don't do that!” I hissed angrily as I swatted at her, my hand going through her insubstantial form.
“Why not? You have the same reaction every time.” said Ryuujin as she ran her hand through her long, dark blue hair.
Every time I saw her I couldn't help feeling jealous. As a Vasto Lord, Ryuujin had regained human form and had no problem flaunting it. Her mask, a dragon skull, covered her face except where her hair hung loose. She wore no clothes, her white scales providing ample coverage where it was needed. Bat wings sprouted from her shoulders, the skin the same blue as her hair and wicked claws. I on the other hand had shaggy black hair that hung to my waist with piercing green eyes. My body was thin with wiry muscle, earned from countless hours of training. Ryuujin, on the other hand, never seemed to need to train to retain her considerable skill.
Shaking the thought from my head I swept out of the room, careful to move quietly through the empty halls. Koganuhiko and Siroganuhiko bowed me out into the cool morning air, the fresh air relaxing me. I slowly walked around the house, not surprised that it hadn't changed very much since I had left, even though Kaien was dead…
Kaien.
My friend ever since I had entered the Academy. We had even become Lieutenants together and I couldn't repress the ache in my chest as I started thinking about him again. I let myself slip into last night's talk with Kuukaku as I began to stretch, my body having repeated the same routine so many times I didn't need to pay attention.
***
“How's Kaien been?” I had asked as Kuukaku and I sipped our sake.
She was silent for a minute as she drained her cup and refilled it before saying, “Haven't you heard?”
“Heard what?” I asked as I held my cup out and she refilled it.
“He's dead.”
“What?” I asked, my cup dropping to the floor and the sake slowly soaking into the wood.
“He's dead.” repeated Kuukaku quietly, not really noticing that I had dropped sake all over her floor as she drained her cup. “Killed while fighting a Hollow.”
Noticing my spill I quickly mopped it up before refilling my cup, draining just like Kuukaku had before asking, “How? How could a simple Hollow beat Kaien?”
“I don't know.” said Kuukaku, not bothering to fill her cup anymore as she took a drink straight from the bottle. “Miyako had been sent to fight it first. The reports came back that she had been possessed and killed the entire party before being killed herself. He went off, eager to avenge his wife, and the same fate befell him as well, except, he was killed by a shinigami…”
“Ukitake?” I asked as I took the bottle and drank.
“No. A shinigami that had been training under Kaien did it.” said Kuukaku before taking the bottle back.
“A lot has changed since I left, hasn't it?” I asked, waving the bottle away when Kuukaku offered it to me.
“You have no idea.” said Kuukaku as she took another drink.
***
I slowly made my way back into Kuukaku's house, my body covered in sweat. After doing 150 crunches, 150 one-armed pull-ups and push ups on each arm I had gone for a run. Ryuujin had taken it upon herself to float behind me and point out all the errors in my shinigami training or in shinigamis as a whole. As I rounded the corner and starting jogging back up the road to Kuukaku's house she brought up the topic of kido.
“And kido. What a waste of time.” said Ryuujin as she floated next to me, her fist closing around an unsuspecting butterfly. “A cero is much more effective at damaging enemies.”
“There is more than one type of kido.” I said as the little butterfly fluttered out of her hand unharmed. “And the last time I checked a cero cannot incapacitate an enemy without killing them.”
“That's the beauty of it.” said Ryuujin as she held out her hand, a ball of blue light forming in it. “That's another problem with you shinigami. You can't appreciate beauty when you see it.”
“I'll be sure to lock that away.” I said sarcastically as Ryuujin clenched her fist, destroying the cero orb in her palm.
“I've killed others for less.” she snarled menacingly.
“Yet I'm still here.” I said, unconcerned by her threat.
“Once Aizen is dead we'll see how long that lasts.” said Ryuujin as Kuukaku's house came into view.
“We'll see about that.” I said as I slowed to a walk and stretched my arms above my head.
Ryuujin growled as she faded away, returning to her little corner in the back of my mind. I smiled and shook my head as I began my cool down stretches, the sun's light starting to peek above the horizon.
“Morning, Reijin-san!”
I looked up in surprise to see Inoue standing there, waving at me. Finishing the stretch I was on I stood up and paused.
“What's up?” I asked as Inoue yawned and stepped outside.
“Y-Y-Yoruichi-san said we were going to leave as soon as Ichigo was awake.” said Inoue as she rubbed her eyes.
“Thanks for the heads up.” I said as I picked Honorable Ruler up and started back inside.
“Ganju's friend even made breakfast.” she said as she followed me down the stairs, the cooler air chilling me. “Ishida should be finishing his right about now.”
“Could you save me some, Inoue-chan? I'm just gonna take a quick shower.” I said as I stepped into the bathroom.
“No problem!” said Inoue happily as she saluted me.
I shook my head as I closed the door and locked it. Grabbing a towel I quickly headed over to the shower, turning on the water so that it would be warm when I finally stepped in. After setting Honorable Ruler on the counter I shimmied out of my uniform before taking it in the shower with me. In all my years of isolation I had learned the easiest way to wash my clothes was to wash them in the shower. As I scrubbed soap into my hakama I could hear Inoue knocking on the door.
“I brought your breakfast!” she shouted.
“Thanks! Just set it by the door!” I shouted back as I rubbed the soap in and rinsed it out.
Five minutes later I stepped out of the shower, my hair dripping water all over the floor. I toweled it dry after hanging up my uniform, gathering my energy to use kido to dry the sopping wet fabric. When they finally were I shook them out and started to put them on, mumbling, “Let's see you do that with cero.” Once everything was back in place I stepped out into the hallway, careful to avoid my breakfast. I let out a chuckle when I saw the picture Inoue had made with the dishes and picked up the tray so I could eat while trying to find Yoruichi.
“Ah, there you are.” said Yoruichi as she rounded the corner, her tail still bent from Ichigo's death grip. “Did you have a good run?”
“Yeah.” I said through a mouthful of rice. “I forgot how nice it was out here.”
“Yes. It has been too long.” said Yoruichi before turning around and walking away. “Come. The cannon is this way.”
I followed at a leisurely pace, enjoying my breakfast. Kuukaku was already waiting for us at the cannon along with Koganuhiko and Siroganuhiko. I waved with my chopsticks before sitting down beside Kuukaku, the look on her face suggesting she had a hangover from last night.
“You know, exercise gets rid of hangovers.” I said through a mouthful of fish and Kuukaku glared at me.
“You told me that before.” said Kuukaku as she rubbed her forehead, Inoue and Sado walking into the room.
“Where's Ishida and Ichigo?” I asked as I polished off the last of my rice.
“Ishida went to go get Ichigo.” said Inoue as the two boys came in.
“Good. Everyone is here.” said Yoruichi.
“Yoruichi-san, why is your tail in a zigzag shape all of a sudden?” asked Ichigo and his friends stared at him in horror.
“You got a problem with that?” asked Yoruichi dangerously.
“Uh... no… it's as pretty as ever.” said Ichigo and Ishida leaned over to whisper something in his ear.
“Hey, what's Ganju doing?” asked Kuukaku, noticing that her brother wasn't present.
“Don't know. He was reading something downstairs.” said Ichigo.
“Hold on a minute!” shouted Ganju as he came running up, a long list in his hand. “The heroes… always arrive a minute later!”
“What are you wearing?” asked Ichigo.
“This is Ganju's special battle suit! Cool, huh?” asked Ganju, proud of his new look. “No matter how you beg I won't let you try it on! Sucker!”
“Battle suit for what?” asked Ichigo. “Aren't you just here to bid us farewell?”
I watched in silence as Ganju tensed and stalked towards Ichigo, forcing Ichigo back a ways with his body before saying, “My brother was killed in cold blood by a shinigami!”
“Ganju, shut…” started Kuukaku, but Ganju cut her off.
“Sis, don't interrupt me! Just listen!” shouted Ganju over his shoulder before looking back at Ichigo. “My brother was a genius. He passed the entrance exam for the Shinigami Academy in one try. His reiatsu level was level 6, on par with the Lieutenant of the 13th Division. Then he finished the six years worth of curriculum in just two years and became an official shinigami. Five years after he became a Lieutenant. But then he was killed! Betrayed by his shinigami partner! I was young, and I don't know all the details, but there are two things I will never forget! The cold eyes of the shinigami that brought my dying brother back and the smiling face that shinigami made when thanking my brother.”
I listened in silence as Ganju shared his story. What shocked me the most were all the accusations that he made about this shinigami and how his brother had died. The story that Kuukaku had told me the night before said he had been possessed by a Hollow, something that was backed up by Seikyuumaru's letter, and he had been killed at the scene in self-defense. My train of thought was derailed as I spied Ganju's friends sneaking around the corner to catch a glimpse of what was happening.
“I don't know why, but not once did my big brother speak out in hatred against shinigami. I want to know the reason why he never hated shinigami! The reason why he believed in shinigami, even in death!” said Ganju before grabbing Ichigo by the front of his haori and leaning in close. “You are different from the other shinigami! I can feel it! If I go with you I know I will discover the reasons. So I will lend you a hand on this one. I will see with my own eyes what shinigami are like!”
“Ganju-kun.” said Inoue, my ears picking up whispers of “Boss” and “So touching” from the teenagers peeking around the door.
“Ganju-dono…” said Koganuhiko and Siroganuhiko, tears in their eyes as they bowed. “Well said!”
“Hah!” said Kuukaku, seemingly happy that her brother had taken up this task for himself. “It seems like you've made up your mind. Just don't run away midway brat! If you want to do it, give it everything you've got! Reijin will tell me if you don't!”
“Yeah!” shouted Ganju, a look of surprise crossing his face as Ichigo grabbing him by the front of his haori.
“Watch my back.” said Ichigo, leaning his face in close to Ganju's.
“Scum…” sneered Ganju, not ready to let Ichigo share his moment.
“Is everyone ready!? I'm not waiting any longer!” shouted Kuukaku as she stood up and moved over to the front of her cannon. “Let's go!”
She turned around and tossed an orb to Ichigo who caught it. He looked at it for a minute before saying, “Huh? Uh, are we going to use the same orb to make a cannonball? We all trained like our lives were on the line to finally succeed in the end.”
“Only you did that.” I heard Ishida remark, but Ichigo didn't seem to hear him.
“Yoruichi-san, can you do it?” asked Ichigo, Yoruichi looking at him in surprise.
“You don't have to worry about that.” I said as I walked over and took the orb from him, creating a barrier of my own. “Yoruichi and I have been doing stuff like this for a while now.”
“Oi! Just put it on the ground.” said Yoruichi and I carefully placed the orb on the ground.
She walked over and placed a paw on it before giving it some of her energy, the orb levitating with her on top of it as she created a barrier.
“This thing is as natural as breathing to us.” said Yoruichi before slowly releasing, not wanting the orb to fall to the ground and break as Ichigo dropped to his knees in embarrassment. “Are you disappointed? Do you feel more inferior? You trained `like your life was on the line' to do it and we just did it without even trying. Did that make you feel inferior?” Yoruichi chuckled to herself as she flashed me a smile.
As we had our little laugh and I picked up the orb as Ganju walked over Kuukaku and jumped onto the platform surrounding the cannon.
“It seems that you studied downstairs. Did you learn how to do it?” asked Kuukaku.
“Pretty much.” replied Ganju as he stood up.
“Then we will use Kuukaku Style Version 2. Will you be able to handle it?” asked Kuukaku.
“O-Of course!” shouted Ganju, eager to not disappoint his sister.
With that she slammed the cannon with her fist, a spiral appearing out of the metal. I watched in interest to see what interesting thing Kuukaku had come up with this time.
“Get inside all of you! I'm going to begin!” shouted Kuukaku and we all started to file into the cannon.
Once we were all inside Kuukaku shut the door behind us and I held the orb out for everyone to touch. Yoruichi easily jumped onto the orb as everyone jostled for a position.
“Everyone listen. Don't wander off by yourselves after we get in.” said Yoruichi calmly as everyone started to feed energy into the orb. “If you encounter a Captain-class enemy, run. Our objective is to rescue Rukia. That is all. Do not take any unnecessary risks.” Her head jerked to the side when we heard Kuukaku starting the launch. “It has begun! Install your energy!”
Everyone put both hands onto the orb as Kuukaku continued her preparations and the cannon began to warm up. With a cry of `Kagisaki!' we were launched into the air, everyone wowing as we flew into the sky.
“The impact wasn't as great as I thought it would be.” said Ichigo and Ganju scoffed.
“Idiot. It has just begun.” said Ganju as we stopped and made a 90 degree turn towards the Seireitei.
Ichigo, Inoue, Ishida, and Sado screamed as we careened towards the Seireitei, Ganju pulling something out of his pocket. He unfolded it to reveal that long piece of paper I had mistook for a list, careful to keep one hand on the orb.
“Oi, what are you doing!?” asked Ichigo, having to shout to be heard.
“This is the follow up incantation! The 2nd version has a two part incantation! The initial incantation decides on the direction, and then the follow up maintains the speed and stability! That way we will land right on target! If you want to walk out of this alive don't bother me!”
“O-Okay.” said Ichigo.
“Next, everyone listen! To pass through the barrier safely the cannonball must be kept stable! Thus everyone must achieve a balance in energy discharge! However, I have to read the incantation so I won't be able to focus on my emission! Therefore I need everyone to compensate for me! You should be able to detect any change in my emission level through the orb! Please adjust accordingly! If we mess up, we're screwed! Please be careful!” shouted Ganju and everyone immediately became more serious.
“Okay!” said Inoue.
“Got it!” said Ishida.
“Kuukaku Style Version 2!” shouted Ganju as he began to focus on the incantation. “Follow up incantation! Fate of three birds, fate of four dragons, no road in five directions, no return in six miles, wind, gorilla, spoon, cane…”
“Kurosaki-kun! You're a little strong!” shouted Inoue, wincing a little at the pressure Ichigo was exerting.
“Oh… okay… okay…” said Ichigo as he tried to lower his reiatsu.
“Kurosaki! Lower!” shouted Ishida.
“I-I know! I'm lowering!” shouted Ichigo, sounding a little frantic.
“Ichigo!” shouted Sado.
“I-I know!” shouted Ichigo, his reiatsu beginning to spike.
“Shit.” I muttered under my breath as I tried to help him correct his mistake. “Relax Ichigo. You can't lower it if you don't relax.”
“A thousand ashes, a thousand intellects, the cloud tactic…”
“… Ichigo, more…”
“I know! I'm trying!”
“Tilting toward the ying, away from the fiery red shadows. A thousand ashes, a thousand intellects…” chanted Ganju before realizing he had started the line over again. He turned to Ichigo and shouted, “Damn you! I read the same line twice!”
“Why are you yelling at me!? You kept yapping and I lost my concentration!” shouted Ichigo in retaliation.
“RELAX DAMN IT!” I shouted as I curbed Ichigo's reiatsu spike.
“Calm down, Kurosaki-kun, Ganju-kun! Reijin is right! This is not the time to fight!” shouted Inoue.
“Yeah, stop that!” shouted Ishida.
I watched as Sado turned around, a look of horror appearing on his face.
“Hey… look outside.” said Sado and everyone snapped to attention. “It's Seireitei!”
“We're going to crash!” shouted Yoruichi and I swallowed as I felt everyone's reiatsu waver with fear. “It's unavoidable! Everyone, emit as much energy as you can! Make the cannonball as hard as possible!”
“Let's do it!” shouted Ichigo and I could feel my hands tingle from all the reiatsu he was emitting.
The whole orb jerked as we hit the shield, but got us through safely before breaking.
“Wha-What's going on!? Seems like we've passed the shield, but how come we're not falling down!?” asked Ichigo as we started to separate in midair.
“Everybody, don't separate!” shouted Yoruichi before explaining the situation we were in. I didn't need it. I already knew we were screwed. “The shield was melted by the high concentration of reiko! This is just holding us temporarily! Soon a tornado will begin! If we separate, then we will be sent flying in different directions!” Everyone gasped as the tornado began to form, the pull starting to separate us. “It's starting!”
“Damn!” shouted Ganju as he clutched at anything to keep himself from being blown away, eventually settling on Ichigo. “We have to stay together!”
“Wha!?” asked Ichigo as Ganju grabbed onto him. “Let me go! Get away from me!”
“What are you guys doing!?” asked Ishida as the two started to drift away from us.
“Everyone! Hold on to the person closest to you!” I shouted, realizing that Yoruichi's plan wasn't going to work. “Don't ever let go!”
“Damn!” shouted Ichigo as he seized Ganju, who replied with, “What are you cursing for!?”
I watched as Sado grabbed Inoue before turning and going for Ishida.
“Lend me your shoulder!” shouted Yoruichi as she landed on Ichigo.
“Yoruichi-san!” shouted Ichigo as Sado called out for Ishida.
He reached out and missed by an inch, Ishida quickly being drawn away by the flow of air. Dropping Inoue, Chad launched himself at Ishida and managed to grab him by the front of his shirt. Turning, he launched Ishida at Inoue, who managed to catch him.
“Sado!” cried both of them as Sado was quickly sucked away.
“Fuck!” I shouted as I jumped after him, hoping to catch him before he disappeared.
I managed to grab his arm, but it was too late. We both fell out of the whirling ball of energy and I lost my grip as we were both pulled into opposite directions. I watched in horror as the rest of the group split apart, each one careening in a different direction. Hoping that they could keep themselves safe I began to consider my own options. Gathering my energy I compressed the spirit particles around me to slow my decent, my feet touching down on the rooftop of the nearest building. Releasing the spirit particles I drew Honorable Ruler and started to chant.
“Knowledge, courage, love, and friendship. Take these souls and give them wings so that they may fly into the ever changing future. Curse the saint and praise the demon as these children of enlightenment stray from the path of righteousness. Secret Art 1: Soul Birth.” I chanted under my breath, concentrating my power into Honorable Ruler as he slowly disappeared.
Within seconds he had materialized next to me, his customary smirk in place. His golden eyes sparkled with mischief as he looked around, his fangs poking out from underneath his lips.
“Who's first on the list?”
 
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
 
There hasn't been much editing on these last few, but that should change with the next chapter.