Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Work ❯ Paper Work ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Paper Work
Hitsu/Hina
by: Abercrombielvr07

*Disclaimer: I do NOT own Bleach or anything in this story that is not a figment of my imagination!!! It all belongs to Tite Kubo!


Momo Hinamori stifled a yawn with the back of her hand as she walked down the deserted streets of the Seireitei. It was very late and everyone was most likely asleep or at the bar, drinking their Saturday night away. In her exhausted state, she didn't notice the large rock in the middle of the road, and stumbled. With another yawn, she apathetically righted herself and resumed her journey to squad 5 sleeping quarters. Oh, how she longed for the warmth of her room, the smell of the rose perfume she frequently sprayed, the feeling of slipping into her pink, fluffy bed. Her eyes half way closed and she let out a lond sigh. Almost there...

"Lieutenant Hinamori! Lieutenant Hinamori!" At the sound of her name, Momo's heavy eyes instantly fluttered open. The out of breath man ran up to her and before he could say anything, he doubled over and with hands on his knees, tried to catch his breath. She recognized him as a squad 13 subordinate and began to wonder what he wanted with her at this time of the night. He slowly straightened up and faced her.

"Ah, Lieutenant Hinamori, just the person I was hoping to see." He grasped her delicate shoulder and took a few more deep breaths.

"Captain Ukitake asked for me to send these papers to Captain Hitsugaya but he also has me going on 7 other deliveries all over the Seireitei and I just got started! Could you please help me by taking this paper work to Captain Hitsugaya?"
Momo took a deep breath. All hope of a warm bubble bath and sleep shattered.

"Alright. Give me the papers." The man instantly bent down to embrace her. Their obvious difference in hight making the hug akward. The as if on impulse, the subordinate suddenly pulled away and blushed, remembering his rank compared to hers. He then handed her the stack of papers.

"uh-, please tell Captain Hitsugaya that these sould be done immediately and turned in as such. Tell them they are extremely urgent and to deliver them to the Squad 1 office buildings as soon as he can. Head Captain Yamamoto's orders. Thank You Leiutenant Hinamori." He then ran away to finish his urgent errands, leaving Momo in the dark silence that was the Seireitei, yawning, once again. 'Poor Shiro-Chan...' She thought. It would take him all night to complete these papers, and young boys needed their sleep, Captain of Squad 10 of the Gotei 13 or not. 'And young girls need their sleep as well...' She mused. After about 15 minutes of walking, Momo realized just how heavy those blasted papers were. They must have weighed a ton. No wonder that poor man had such trouble.
Finally, Momo came upon Toshiro's office. She wearily sauntered up to the door and grabbed the the ornate knocker shaped like a dragon's body. She knocked three times and waited. She tapped her foot and ten seconds later she knocked again. She stood out there for at least two minutes then finally decided that Toshiro had already retired to his personal living quarters. That annoyed her because now she would have to walk all the way to Squad 10's living quarters.
Heavy step after heavy step, Momo trekked her way through the darkness, finally to arrive at the intimidating, but beautiful living complex of the revered Squad 10. It was said that Squads 1 and 10 both had the best living quarters and Momo didn't argue. Toshiro had it good. She walked up the steps four stories high then walked down the top story hallway. She noticed Lieutenant Rangiku Matsumoto wasn't home when she walked past her quarters and knew that she must be one of the Shinigami present at the bar. Just as it should be, right next door to the Lieutenant's quarters would be the master suite belonging to the captain of the squad. She walked up to the door of Captain Hitsugaya and grabbed a knocker identical to the one at his office and knocked. The sound of fabrics rustling reached Momo's acute ears and then the sound of muffled footsteps came directly after. All of the sudden, Momo became self-concious and wanted to know how she looked. She quickly pushed that silly desire aside, though, as a handome boy with white hair appeared at the now open door with his eyes shut. Her eyes instantly flew to the boy's exposed chest by the loose, gaping collar of his yukata.
Momo knew that he had just been asleep and regretted having to wake him and make him work. He swayed a little from fatigue and made that smacking noise with his lips and toungue, that for some reason people that are sleepy make (you know what I mean?) with his eyes still closed. He stifled a yawn with his hand and to stop his adorable swaying, he placed his other hand, that was not seeing to a yawn, on the door frame. He began to rub his closed eyes that she knew were the most beautiful color of teal.

"Um, Captain Hitsugaya?" The young boys eyes flew open with the recognition of her voice and he instantly became aware of his open yukata state. Heat rose to his cheeks at rapid speed.

"Eh, excuse me-" rushed out of his perfect mouth as he ran back into the room and slammed the door shut in her face. The thought of Toshiro being embarassed by his yukata hanging open for the whole world to see a perfectly sculpted chest made her giggle. Finally, the door swung back open and a flustered child prodigy stood there with a white kimono half way hanging out of his black hakamas. Apparently, he had pulled on his tabi socks too.

"Lieutenant Hinamori, please, come in." He said in a dazed tone. "Do you need anything? Tea? Water?" Momo shivered as she walked into the frigid room. Toshiro didn't keep his room like this for his comfort only, but for the contentment of his zanpakto, HyShe shook her head.
"No thank you. Uh- Squad 13's Captain Ukitake sent this paperwork for you. It's due as soon as you can finish. The messenger said they are extremely urgent and to get started on them immediately. They're Head Catptain Yamamoto's orders to you." She relayed to him. He groaned wearily as he took the packet of important papers to his desk. It was a huge, beautiful, ornate desk placed in an alcove carved expertly in the wall opposite the entrance door. There were floor-to-ceiling book shelves on either sides of the alcove and there was an enormous painting of Hyspirit, the Chinese ice Dragon, that covered nearly the whole wall behind Toshiro's desk in the said alcove. The painting looked as if it was daring anyone who entered Toshiro's room to make his master release him. Not that anyone wanted to. Of course, there was Toshiro's beloved Hyitself. The famed sword sat elegantly upon it's solid ice pedestal across it's child master's desk.
Toshiro walked the quite lengthy expanse from the door to the alcove wall and flipped a light swich. (does the seireitai have electricity?) Instantly his office/alcove area filled with light from the alcove ceiling. The rest of the pitch dark room was bathed in an eerie, orange, warm light from the extra light filtered from the alcove. Toshiro then plopped the packet on his desk and moseyed on around until he plopped down into his plush, leather chair. As Momo looked at the boy, she couldn't help but feel instant contentment wash over her. How protected and wanted she felt when she was around him, she would never be able to convey in words, but it was there, and she loved it.
However, what she saw in that chair was strange. His obvious childish features were tired as an adult's would be, and the seriousness of his face was incredible. Yes, she indeed saw a child there, but a child that was forced to grow up all too quickly by the duties forced upon him. She watched as Toshiro's left hand scribbled down some, almost illegible, Japanese characters and his right hand sift through some older papers, obviously trying to find some references. His teal blue gaze was going back and forth rapidly between both documents. She was completly mesmerized by his heart-wrenching beauty.

"Momo?" The young voice broke through her fleeting thoughts.

"Yes, Toshiro?" He looked up from his work and smiled a lazy but charming smile that turned her knees to jelly.

"If you want, you can go home now." He resumed his work as she plopped down on his fluffy, recently slept in, bed. She couldn't stand the thought of Toshiro having to be alone, and she didn't know why, but she felt like maybe he wanted company.

"No, I think I'll keep you company until you finish. If that's okay, of course."

"Sure, it should only take me about an hour to finish, then I'll deliver them. I don't want to wake a subordinate just so he can deliver papers that I am perfectly able to deliver myself."
Momo smiled at the top of his head that was currently bent over the large stack of annoying papers and then returned her gaze back to his bed. It was the bed of a captain, and it was one of the largest beds she had ever seen. How would one sleep in it and not feel lost? Especially one of Toshiro's stature! The sheets though, oh those heavenly captain's sheets! Made out of the finest silks and satins. The light blue silk comforter and the black pillows and the white and silver sheets fit him well. The head board was a long, dark peice of mahogany with a pure gold painted 10 on it that looked exactly like the one on the back of his captain's jacket. Speaking of the captain's jacket, Toshiro had, like all other captains, a satin bed decoration that had the same 10 on it. It was a long, thin piece of exquisite white satin that was made to lay across the middle of the bed and sport the squad's number on it, in Toshiro's case, a black 10. Not only the bed was beautiful, though, his whole living quarters were gorgeously beautiful. Her eyes indulged themselves as they skimmed over his elegant sitting area with dainty, light blue chairs and dark mahogany side tables and a large, elegantly carved, coffee table. Then her eyes went over the white, marble fireplace with solid gold veins running through it. The tatami mat on the floor, the books on the shelves, the windows, the mahogany desk, his wardrobe, his fine China dishes, all the finest someone could get, all the most expensive.
After the exploring of Squad 10's Captain's room, Momo remembered just how tired she was. She couldn't fall asleep, though, no matter how loudly Toshiro's warm, inviting bed was calling her. She would just have to strike up conversation.

"Soo... uh- What did you do today?" She tried weakly.

"I did paperwork, did some damage control, and yelled at Matsumoto, but you didn't need to know that last one." He said. She giggled because everyone knew he had daily skirmishes with his lovely Lieutenant. It was funny, though, because everyone also knew just how much they both really looked out for eachother and cared for eachother.

"What did you do today?" He asked.

"I did paperwork too, had lunch with Head Captain Yamamoto, and did some Bankai training."

"Any luck?" He asked her. She sighed and lowered her head in shame.

"No, not yet."

"I'll help you if you want me to." She perked up at that and smiled despite the urgent need to sleep.

"Really?! That would mean so much to me!! Thank you Toshiro, er- Captain Hitsugaya!" He chuckled and said,

"Sure, and between you and me, Toshiro is fine. But you are the only one who can call me that. Or else." He said seriously.

"Okay, and, I'll only do it when we're in private, then people won't even think about doing it." She said.

"Thanks Momo." Being the superior to her, he had a right to call her that. Even though, she didn't mind the familiarity.

"How many more papers do you have?" She asked him.

"Momo, if you want to go home and sleep, I promise, it's fine." He said in a concerned voice. Still never lifting his head of stilling his writing hand.

"No, Toshiro, really, I like talking to you." She assured him.

"Only if your sure, Momo." He warned.

"Really Shiro Chan! I want to stay with you!" She tried to say as cheerfully as possible without sounding like she just had a visit to the bar.


So he contiued working and they continued talking. The detailed grandfather clock in the corner said 2:47A.M. when Toshiro finally finished the rest of the tedious work. He looked up to tell Momo that she was dismissed, even though he had tried to dismiss her several times before now, but she always refused. He glanced at his bed to find her strewn across it, he should have figured, though, when he noticed she had stopped talking. He knew she was exhausted by the time she had walked into his room, no wonder she was currently out cold on his comfortable bed. But she really was tired and he didn't want to wake her, then make her take the long walk to the Squad 5 sleeping quarters, because it truely was a long distance from here. He decided he would let her sleep here and take her home tomorrow. He looked at the sleeping girl and smiled. Her eyelashes were the first thing he noticed, considering the grace that they rested upon her cheek with was awe inspiring. Her rosy cheeks were a cute contrast with her porcelain skin and her mouth was slightly parted. Her perky bangs fell across her face in an ebony waterfall that he had to tuck behind her ear. Her arms were wrapped around herself and his comforter was half way covering her body in her pitiful attempt to fight off the temperature of his room.
He wanted to sleep too, but it was improper to sleep with a girl. Even though he had slept next to her before they had become sould reapers, it was somewhat different now. Though how it was different, he couldn't say, he could only feel. Suddenly a cold chill racked the small body of Momo and his first instinct was to pull the sheets and the comforter the rest of the way up to shield her from the cold. She still shook from the temperature that he found perfect for him and his sword and he finally decided that if he didn't sleep with her for him then he would sleep with her to make her warmer, maybe. Just because he was the dubbed, 'Ice Prince', didn't mean he didn't have body heat. He lit the fire in the fireplace, though he usually never lit it, and he put back on his yukata. He made sure this time to keep the collar shut all the way and slid into the bed next to her.
Did she sleep with her hair up? Was she comfortable in her shinigami clothes? Did it matter that she had on her tabi socks? He had no idea what to do about those questions, but he did the best he could. She started to shiver again so he scooted closer to her, but not too close. Then his sensitive ears picked up on incoherant sentences coming from her mouth that sould have been unhearable to anyone with less ability at hearing than he.

"Captain Aizen, please, don't hurt him..." Was one of the mumblings coming from her. He strained his ears for more.

"Toshiro, watch out... Please Captain Aizen dont kill him..."
Heart-wrenching whimpers came from her as she tossed to face him. Maybe it wasn't just the temperature making her shiver. The conflict with Aizen had been over for 3 months now, but the person that it affected most was still troubled by it. Momo was his to protect, so he would protect her. He scooted closer and wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her closer. She nuzzled his chest and unconciously embraced him back. His childish innocence was making him unsure about what to do in a situation like this. He had been in all sorts of situations, like mutionus subordinates, ryoka, hopeless battles, dealing with the head captain, and worse than anything, dealing with Rangiku. But he had never had this happen to him, never had he had to comfort a girl in his own bed.

"Ahh... Toshiro he's gone now... your okay... Thank the Heavens you aren't dead... I'm sorry Toshiro, I'm so sorry... Please forgive me... Please Shiro-chan, please, I'm sorry..."

He felt terrible. Did she really think he hadn't forgiven her, and what's more, what was there to forgive? What did she have to be sorry for? It was his decision to fight Aizen, she had nothing to be ashamed of. He let his male instincts take over to protect her, but not for the first time. Every time he had protected her from Gin and Aizen and all of her other foes, it was the male instinct to protect that did all the work for him. He held her tightly and finally after a couple more hours, she quieted and fell into a deeper sleep without frightening dreams. Then his thoughts drifted to the appending wake up hour. What would Momo think? Waking up in his arms may not be the one thing she wants right now. He decided to wake up as early as possible without being too tired, 6:00 maybe. Four hours of sleep was not very long, but he would do anything to avoid an akward situation. It was going to be a long, long four hours.



Thump thump... Thump thump... Was that a... heartbeat? Where was she? This wasn't the bed Momo knew. What was around her waist and why was she sleeping in her shinigami uniform? Momo opened her eyes and saw a white yukata and smooth chest instead of her usual pink walls and a cool breeze lingered over her face. The coolness felt odd compared to the warmth of the strong figure holding her. Was she in... Yes! That was it! She was with Toshiro last night, or was it early this morning? It didn't matter, though, when the thought of who was in the bed with her shocked her into oblivion. This was Toshiro, wasn't it? Her head tilted and her eyes met long, black lashes and perfect skin. The white hair on his head took her breath away as she squirmed a little to get a better view of the sleeping angel that was Toshiro Hitsugaya. His face looked flawless as the sun that filtered through his Shoji screen bathed it in a luminescent glow. Teal. A sea of blue-green teal met violet as he opened his incredible eyes. They grew large and the young prodigy flew out of the bed and away from her as if she had scalded him. He stared at her in horror as she tried to regain control of her heart from the sudden fright of his uncomparable speed. He finally stopped his staring and began to mumble under his breath. Momo, of course, couldn't make out a thing he was saying so she simply slipped out of the large bed and began to giggle at his behavior. He looked at her with amazement,

"Momo, I really don't see what's so funny. I almost had a heartattack."

"I'm sorry Toshiro." She said in between a giggle.

"Well, actually, it's my fault. I- uh, I should have remembered where I was. I knew I was sleeping with you, but when I woke up, I guess I forgot you would be there. I'm sorry I scared you, this is kinda akward. I was trying to avoid all akwardness..." He began to finish that sentence in uncoherant(did I spell that right?) mumbling. Momo wondered if all genious' acted that way but then pulled out of all thought as he said,

"I'll walk you to your sleeping quarters when I drop these papers off. It's only 6:15, you still have two hours to change." He grabbed his shinigami uniform and shuffled behind a changing screen. Instantly, a bright white yukata flew over and landed on the edge of the screen to where it would stay and finally, a professional looking boy with snow white hair stepped around the screen. He went to his closet and pushed aside the sliding doors. A large walk-in closet appeared and it was full of black shinigami uniforms and pristine, silk captain's jackets. He grabbed the nearest jacket of white and slung it over his shoulders and pulled his arms through. Even this simple action of Toshiro's, putting on a captain jacket, was achieved with the upmost grace and care. How he always appeared to be perfect, Momo would never know.

"Are you ready?" He asked her.

"Yes, let's go." She answered.

Toshiro grabbed Hyand they left his beautiful room. They walked the whole way to the Squad 5 sleeping quarters, only occasionally, talked about what happened. They came upon the tall structure after about 25 minutes and walked up to her door.

"Wanna eat lunch with me today?" Toshiro asked her.

"Sure, at noon?" She offered.

"Sounds great. And Momo?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

Temporary confusion crossed her face but was soon replaced by a pretty blush and a look of embarassment. He kissed her cheek and left her to ready herself for the day.



AN note: Hey guys! Sorry for the weak ending. I wanted it to be better, but I just couldn't think of anything. Stupid writers block! Maybe I'll redo it when I'm not so lazy! Well... Thank you for reading the story "Paperwork" I really, really, appreciate it! Please comment and tell me what you think. Good or Bad. Just please no cussing or talking bad about anyone. Thanks again for reading and God Bless.

-Abercrombielvr07
P.S. Dont forget to check out the 'Have you Read?' section below!! n_n


Have You Read?

1. 'I Cant' -an InuKag by Abercrombielvr07?
2. 'Mornings With You' -An Inuyasha story by Abercrombielvr07?
3. 'Dead Famous' -An Inuyasha story by RozeFire?
4. 'Taste of Love' -Another Inuyasha story by Wolf Blossom?