Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Providence ❯ Day in the Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Timeline - Set in alternate reality of Bleach storyline. Placed 2 years after Aizen's rebellion. No major battles have happened between Seireitei and the Arrancar.
 
This is my first fanfic, so I hope you guys like it. I'm obviously adding a new character to the Bleach story line; hopefully he fits well. Just the introduction for now, I'll try to add the next chapter by the end of the weekend. Let me know what you think!
 
Day in the Life
 
Sitting in class, Ameshi Hiroshi, a skinny light haired male with thin brimmed glasses, stares at the seat next to his and wonders why it is empty once again. He cannot understand why people miss class; he hasn't missed a day of school since his first year. He has always been on time with his uniform in order and homework completed.
 
“This is the fourth time this term Ryu-kun is late for class this term, wonder what he's up to…” Hiroshi whispers nervously to himself. It is true that Ryu had been late several times before, but he always acted casually and would never tell Hiroshi why he was late. Hiroshi could not help but become even more nervous by this.
 
Just as he whispers that to himself, Hiroshi hears the sound of running down the hall. “Watch where you're going Osamu, and stop running!” someone screams. “Sorry Mr. Kawigawa!” The door opens as a young male stumbles into the classroom. “Sorry I'm late” the student says with a smirk. The student had was a little taller than average with slightly curly brown hair, you could tell he was athletic both by his build and by the fact that he was holding a duffel bag in one hand and football in the other.
 
He was clearly practiced at coming into class late; his demeanor was cool and he seemed to have no worries in the world. His clothes accentuated this; his untucked shirt, unbuttoned top button, and loose tie knot all seemed to say it was a miracle that he was only this late.
 
“Find your seat Osamu-san,” says the teacher lazily, she was obviously used to the student's tardiness. She rolls her eyes and continues to write on the chalkboard as the student takes his seat next to Hiroshi. “Where have you been Ryu-kun?” Asks Hiroshi. Tucking his shirt back in, Ryu replies, “I just got caught up at home, no big deal, we still on for football at the field after school?”
 
“Yeah, Takashi said that his team will be ready right after school, so don't be late.” Replied Hiroshi. “When am I ev…” started Ryu.
 
“Would you mind keeping it down Osamu, we did begin class on time even though you weren't here, I hope that's alright with your busy schedule?” asked the fairly annoyed teacher sarcastically. “Sounds good to me,” replied Ryu with a smile as he took out his notebook and began to copy down the notes from the board.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
After classes, Osamu Ryu was on his way straight to the football field when he first noticed something strange. He couldn't put his finger quite on it, but it was a feeling he used to know quite well. Looks like today is going to be pretty interesting after all, he thinks to himself as he opens the door leaving the school.
 
“Yo, Ryu. You ready to play?” Ryu turns around to see Hiroshi waiting for him next to the goal. “Yeah, tell Takashi he doesn't stand a chance!” Ryu yells back.
 
Suddenly, Ryu feels a sudden pain on the back of his head that was all too familiar. He turns around to see a brutish looking male standing behind him. “Why don't you tell me yourself Osamu?” Takashi was at least three inches taller than Ryu and much larger. Ryu was never quite sure if Takashi was more fat or muscle, but he knew now was not the time to try to unravel that mystery. Oh great, Ryu thinks to himself. “Save it for the field, Takashi, your fat ass doesn't stand a chance.” Ryu says defiantly as he continues walking towards the field so as to avoid another shot to the head.
 
The teams set up and start the game. The game was one of the more physical ones in recent memory. Ryu and Takashi never quite got along, but something was different today. Something made Ryu think that Takashi was taking the game more personally than usual. Takashi was the school bully and Ryu was the wise guy that also fought back…and never won. Such was the case in the game. Takashi's team was ahead 5-4 with just a few moments left in the game.
 
“Give me that!” Takashi yells as he knocks Hiroshi over with the tremendous force of his shoulder. He begins to dribble the ball towards Ryu. That is enough from this guy, thinks Ryu as he decides to charge straight at Takashi, the image of Hiroshi on the ground motivating every step. In a move that no one could quite see, Ryu got the ball, knocked Takashi over, and started down the field towards the opposite keeper. Passing the defenders, Ryu checks the clock to see only 5 seconds left. Here it goes, thinks Ryu. He sets up the ball and takes a firm shot.
 
That should do it, Ryu thinks hopefully to himself as he takes the shot. The ball goes for the top corner or the goal, seemingly out of the keeper's reach, when it is somehow blocked. Not by the keeper as Ryu first suspects, but by a shorter girl with dark hair, two braids covered with cloth and a white robe. She gave Ryu a sharp look.
 
“We need to talk Usamu-sama”
 
-SlyTrojan