Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Providence ❯ Worlds Collide ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Worlds Collide
 
“We need to talk Usamu-sama”
 
“I have nothing to say to you Soifon,” says Ryu in a disgusted voice. He turns away from her and begins to walk away as he hears a voice, “Where do you think you're going?” The voice was familiar, Ryu turned around already knowing to whom the voice belonged.
 
“So Yama-jii sent you too, huh Shunsui?” Ryu said, unable to hold back a little bit a smile. Kyoraku was standing next to his fellow captain. “Not just me, Yama wanted to make sure you came back with us, no getting away this time.”
 
As he said this several shinigami appeared around Ryu making a circle around him. They were a fairly intimidating bunch, not that Ryu would ever admit that, “So, who are the new guys Shunsui?” asks Ryu looking around at the mix of captains and other shinigami who now completely encircled him.
 
“Don't worry, we're just here to escort you to Seireitei Ryu, no need to get jumpy.” Replied Kyoraku Shunsui, the 8th division captain. “We have captains Kurosaki Ichigo of the 3rd division and Soifon of the 2nd, as well as Vice-Captains Abarai Renji of the 6th, Kira Izuru of the 3rd, and my Nanao, and finally, Kuchiki Rukia of the 13th division.”
 
Ryu looks around at the shinigami around him and smiles, “Don't you think the Captain Commander went a little overboard, Shunsui?”
 
“He just doesn't want you to get away this time Ryu,” replied Captain Kyoraku, “why don't we go somewhere else to talk?” he continued looking around at the student staring at them. Someone had gone to get the teachers, but when they had reached the field they were too shocked by what they saw to do anything about it.
 
“Our Reiatsu must be getting to them,” Laughed Renji, Osamu shoots a fierce look at Renji and is about to say something when Kurosaki steps in, “Yeah, lets go before it becomes too much for them, Osamu-sama.” Kurosaki steps toward Ryu, but he turns amd steps towards some of the students.
 
Ryu looked around and sees Hiroshi, with a smile he yells, “Don't worry about me Hiroshi! I'll be fine, these guys have nothing on me.” his friend was clearly terrified, and just before he was able to get some words together, the whole group went out of sight in a flash.
 
“Where are you going Ryu-kun?” asks the abandoned friend, staring at the spot that Ryu just occupied.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
The group stops at an open field in the Central Karakura Park, “So what is this all about?” asks Ryu to no one in particular. Kyoraku speaks up, “As you know, Aizen is building up an army to attack Seireitei and kill the King. In response, Yama-jii has decided to train up the Gotei 13 to its fullest potential. To do this, he knows that he is going to have to put your history behind and recruit you.”
 
“There's no way in Hell, why would I want to go back to that old bastard?” says Ryu, clearly annoyed by the thought of seeing Captain Commander Yamamoto again. He turns his back on the group of shinigami and begins to walk away when he is met with a Zanpakuto to his neck.
 
“You don't really have a choice in the matter” says the smallest of the shinigami. “You're the Kuchiki right? Why would Yama-jii send you here if you aren't even ranked?” asks Ryu snidely.
 
“That's enough, Urahara has the gate ready to go. Don't make us have to do this the hard way Osamu-sama,” says Soifon in an attempt to get control of the situation. “Don't get feisty with me Soifon, you haven't forgotten who it is that trained your sensei have you?” Ryu replied with the smirk back on his face. He turns back to Rukia, “Let's give this a shot, huh? I'll go hear what the old man has to say.”
 
With that, the group moves to Urahara's Shop. Rukia stays behind thinking for just a moment, What is it with this guy? Why has he been gone for so long? And why do we need him now, all of a sudden? Is he really that strong?
 
Just before he goes after the group Captain Kurosaki puts his hand on her shoulder from behind, “Don't let this guy get to you Rukia, we may need him for the war, but he abandoned Seireitei and the Captain Commander” “Why did he leave?” asks Rukia.
 
“Captain Ukitake told me that he was Captain Commander Yamamoto's best student before the academy was started. He was strong enough to be a part of the 1st division very early in his life, and by the time Ukitake and Kyoraku had graduated, Osamu was already the 3rd seat in the 1st division.” Rukia had turned around by this point and saw that Ichigo was looking at the ground; obviously very bothered by the story he was telling her.
 
“He stayed there, as the 3rd seat even after Ukitake and Kyoraku had become captains,” he continued, “even though he was just as strong, if not stronger than they were.” Ichigo smiled now and looked at Rukia, “Captain Commander Yamamoto didn't want Osamu to become a captain because he cared about him too much, kind of like how Byakuya is with you.” Ichigo looked at the ground again, “This made Osamu so frustrated that one day the vice-captain from another squad gave him a hard time about still being a 3rd seat and Osamu lost it. He killed the vice-captain and fled Seireitei. Apparently Captain Commander Yamamoto knew where he was the whole time, but could not bring himself to arrest him.”
 
Ichigo looked up once again, “Osamu is likely going to have to explain his action, but it is unlikely that he will be punished for them in any way. Even so, Ukitake said that it is unlikely that he will talk about the incident to anyone, let alone the Captain Commander. I guess Yamamoto hoped that by sending one of Osamu's old friends in Kyoraku, he would be more agreeable.”
 
Rukia looked at Ichigo with maybe even more questions than she had before, “So what will happen when we get back?” “Yamamoto will probably lecture Osamu and then assign him to some kind of duty where he can help fight against Aizen. Once we get to Seireitei, Osamu is going to have to play it by the book, whatever Yamamoto orders will be, it is likely that he'll be on a short leash.” Ichigo looks towards Urahara's shop, “Let's go, we don't want them to have to wait for us”.
 
With that, the two shinigami disappeared.
 
-SlyTrojan