Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Scolded ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Scolded
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: Written for the Week# 61 prompt at bleach_contest: Art Form. Ichigo and Renji have done something stupid, and upset Rukia in the process. Mentions of an on-going threesome relationship.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
“You two have raised stupidity to an art form,” Rukia said, her tone sarcastic and scathing. Hands resting on slim hips, she looked up at the taller redheads. “Did it ever occur to either of you idiots to let someone know where you were going?”
 
Ichigo opened his mouth to answer, but the diminutive Soul Reaper glared at him. His response died, stillborn on his lips, as she ignored him, turning to Renji instead. “Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?”
 
“We didn't have time, Rukia,” protested the Sixth Division lieutenant defensively. “We were chasin' a Fraccion. It's not our fault he had legs an' made a run for it instead of stayin' to fight.”

“I'd almost buy that except for two things. One, you two fools are extremely good at Flash-Step. How is it that neither of you could catch this Fraccion until it reached the ocean?” Rukia sniffed, still able to catch the scent of fresh, salty sea air clinging to their shihakusho. “And two, Renji had his Soul Pager. It never occurred to either of you geniuses to call for reinforcements?”
 
The two men winced, shuffling uncomfortably from foot to foot as Rukia's voice rose in annoyance. She huffed, pinning them with an annoyed glare, as she broke off. “I thought not. Idiots.”
 
“Sorry,” they muttered simultaneously, embarrassed.
 
“What was that,” she asked crisply, her toe beginning to tap impatiently. “I didn't quite hear you.”
 
“We're sorry,” they repeated, louder this time.
 
“What?”
 
They bellowed their apology to her, their voices echoing off the empty buildings surrounding them.
 
“That's better,” replied Rukia, her sharp gaze softening and her foot stilling. “Don't do that to me ever again. I couldn't find either of you, no one was answering your Soul Pager, and we are in the middle of a war, last time I checked. All I could think was that you were captured or killed.”
 
Both Ichigo and Renji looked like shamed schoolboys, this time falling all over themselves to apologize for worrying her. “How can we make it up to you?”
 
Her smile was answer enough.
 
 
Several hours later, Rukia stretched languorously, before settling back down between her lovers. They were both fast asleep, with Renji starting to snore. She knew that her two idiots would never worry her in that particular way again; something she was glad about. But she had to admit the sex after a scolding was almost worth all the worry. Almost, but not quite.