Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorrow
Disclaimer: Bleach is the property of Kubo Tite.
 
Kira doesn't dream often. By the time his head hits the pillow at night, he is usually too tired - from his shinigami duties, from taking care of his family - to do much more than collapse into heavy slumber. His brain shuts down, lets him sink into sweet nothingness, and some days it's better that way. Nightmares don't plague him, either.

But he dreams, that night. In words, not images, so all there is is darkness and a voice, talking and talking and talking. Streams of words without pause, but Kira can hear them clearly.

your heart's so heavy do you miss him you miss him now isn't that funny when he took you in he said to you, "If you follow me, I won't kill you."

Shinigami don't name their zanpakutou, the zanpakutou share their names instead. "Wabisuke" - sorrow, loneliness, misery that forces the enemy to the ground, so only their face can lift up against that pain. Gin had brought the sorrow once, when he'd taken Kira in; he'd brought it again when he left.

"I don't know what Gin did to you," Matsumoto-san had said once, but it had been his own work, too. It had been his choice, too. He'd followed after Gin, that day.

raise your head, bowed down in sorrow
raise your head, Izuru-kun


'Yes, Wabisuke,' he mutters, and the dream fades away.