Blood+ Fan Fiction / Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ The Heir of Hinotomo ❯ Blood Lust ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

The streets grew dark as the sun descended on the horizon. The street lamps casted small, dim shadows upon the broken, concrete sidewalks. Tokyo seemed very quiet and indeed scary at night. It seemed like a ghost town during the time of the nightwalkers.

A cool breeze whipped through the curly, blonde locks of seventeen year old Chidori, a high school cheerleader, who was raised in one of the finest houses in Tokyo. Her flowing white dress danced in the gentle breeze, causing her beauty to be more extreme than before. Her milky white skin glistened in the moonlight as she swung back and forth on the swing she sat in. She looked out into the distance, her emerald green eyes playing along the slide and the jungle gym before her. She is definitely a fan of the playground in the middle of Shigamitsu Park and has made many visits to this childhood place.

She moved her feet across the ground, making a scraping noise against the gravel below her, slowing herself down to a stop. She smiled gently, her pearly white teeth showing behind smooth pink lips. She looked to the boy sitting before her. He wore a white pinstripe shirt under a navy blue blazer, his tie being the same navy blue as his blazer. His hair shimmered silver in the light and was slicked back, spiking a bit on the back of his head. He stared back at Chidori with beautiful, crystal blue eyes, smiling at her.

"Kamui," she spoke in a gentle, angelic whisper. "Do you love me?"

Kamui's eyes widened with much surprise, yet he still answered her question.

"Of course." He replied in a baritone voice.

She smiled and stood up from the swing. She brought a hand to her chest, feeling her heart racing with nervousness and delight. She approached him, her eyes never leaving his as she reached out her hand to trace a finger down one of the pinstripes on his shirt. He didn't move a muscle as he watched her, hardly blinking. As she now stood in front of him, her being slightly shorter than he, she leaned forward a bit, wrapping an arm around his neck to make them closer together. He closed his eyes, taking in the moment. Standing on her tiptoes, she closed her eyes slowly and brought her lips to touch his.

But when he didn't feel the gentle touch of her lips, he opened his eyes and to his horror, saw his beloved being pulled away by an invisible force. He reached out to her, trying to take hold of her extended hand, but was knocked backwards. He was confused and frightened at the same time and didn't know what was going on at all. He couldn't see through the darkness. Even the moonlight didn't help him to see this unknown force.

"CHIDORI!!!!!" he shouted into the night.

Suddenly, he could see her flowing hair. He jumped up and ran toward her. But what he saw next almost made him sick. She was in the arms of what looked to be a man of about 6 feet tall. His mouth was on her neck and blood trickled down her cheek. He cried out in horror and felt his knees grow weak. He froze in place, not knowing what to do or think of the scene before him. All that rang in his head was the shrill scream of Chidori as the blood was being taken from her body and deposited in his. Her voice no longer rang out. Her body fell limp and the mysterious villain allowed her body to tumble to the ground slowly as he backed up a step or two in the shadows to conceal anything that could have been seen.

Kamui jumped for her body and pulled it into his lap. He caressed the cheek of his love, feeling her cold skin against his shaking fingers. His mind raced, his body shook now as he stared down to her widen-open eyes, her pupils small and lifeless. He clenched her body to his, gritting his teeth. Blue eyes looked to the vampire, piercing through him like a million knives. "You…you MONSTER!!!!!" he shouted loudly. He felt as if his body was about to burst from so much grief and anger through his entire being. His soul was torn as well as his heart. "Why…why her?!"

A small devilish cackle came from the shadows. The vampire moved more into the dim light of the street lamps, showing his figure to Kamui. This vampire had the blondest of blonde locks which if he was to wear it down, it would, by far, be past his knees in length. It was indeed beautiful. But instead of hanging low, it was pulled up into almost a topknot it seemed. He wore elegant robes that held random designs upon the cuffs and neck. Underneath the robe, a pair of hakama pants could be seen. They were white in color and he wore comfortable-looking black zori sandals with male tabi socks. He looked like a Lord of some sort. But Kamui did not care for this man…err…thing, one bit.

The crimson-eyed blonde growled lightly a bit, but still continued to laugh. "That was awfully rude," he spoke in a tenor voice as he traced a finger along his own cheekbone.

Kamui didn't pay attention to his words, but just kept his eyes on the thing that murdered his girlfriend. He growled and then stood to his feet slowly, bringing Chidori up with him. Her long locks traced along the ground until she was up high enough. Her hand hung limp. She looked like a lifeless doll. Kamui sighed and just held her close.

"Your grief is pathetic, Kamui." The Vampire said in a disgusted voice as he snapped his fingers and the girl slowly became transparent and then disappeared from sight. Kamui's eyes widened as he looked around him and off into the misty distance, wondering where she disappeared too. "What did you do with her, you Bastard?!" he said loudly as he clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

The vampire only smirked, a shining fang hanging over his lip. His eyes then narrowed and he spat on the ground right in front of Kamui's feet. "Quiet boy! The dead are sleeping. Do not wake them with your foolish banter." He spoke softly as he stuck a hand into his pocket and then yawned silently. "Your lady friend is dead…just as you should be. You should have been killed at birth. My Father was supposed to kill all the living relatives of Hinotomo. But he obviously screwed up. So now, his son should finish the job, ne?" he said with a chuckle as he bared his fangs at Kamui, his crimson orbs held hunger within them. The vampire was ready to bite right into his neck and kill the last remaining relative of Hinotomo Tanaka.

"Hinotomo? What the hell are you talking about?! I have no clue who that person is?" Kamui said with much confusion in his voice as he backed up from the dangerous beast.

The blonde only laughed at the young boy as he spoke these words. "His blood…runs through your veins. You can't escape your fate. I will slaughter you, like my father slaughtered your parents!" he said as he lunged forward towards Kamui, his fangs ready.

Kamui jumped back, tripping backwards over the seesaw in front of the swings where he once stood with his beloved. He let out a bit of a yell and then scrambled to his feet to avoid the next attack upon him. What was he to do now? He was lost? `This guy is nuts,' Kamui thought to himself as he ran for his life, heading past the jungle gym as he attempted to escape his new enemy. `My parents are alive…not dead. Who does this guy think he is? Who is Hinotomo?' The constant questions flooded his mind as he came to a rather large and very tall fence, which seemed to be blocking his exit. He was backed into a corner with nowhere to run. He had no more options for he looked into the eyes of a murderer…a nightwalker.

"This is the end…of the Hinotomo bloodline forever." Said the vampire as he gripped a hold of Kamui's neck, holding him tightly as he lifted him into the air.

Suddenly, for some odd reason, the vampire hissed loudly as he looked up towards the sky. What he was looking at was still a mystery to young Kamui until it happened. What seemed like a black rocket came down from the sky at a tremendous speed. A leg extended and kicked the vampire right in the left cheek, sending him flying through the air and into a nearby tree. He hit it hard, his grip long ago releasing from Kamui's neck from being kicked with such force.

The vampire stood up to look upon the one who left a footprint in his face. He snarled loudly and brushed off the sand from his pants. "You little bitch!" he shouted loudly.

Kamui sat upon the ground, coughing hard as he tried to gain air. He held his neck, which were thick red marks across it from the force of the vampy's grip. The being who had saved him stood before him, blocking him from the enemy.

The dim streetlamp that lit their current position flickered enough to show features. It was a female of about 5'6''. She wore a long black trench coat that caressed the ground with every movement she made. Her hair was pulled up into a tight bun, two chopsticks holding the silky, black locks in place. Her moonlight skin resembled Chidori's in many ways and this indeed took the attention of Kamui. But he was confused and didn't know what to expect next. She glanced back at the boy behind her, her magical, yellow eyes glowing a bit as they then moved to look upon the vampire enemy once more.

"Picking on little boys are you Mitsu Omura?" She asked the vampire in a sarcastic tone. "It's really quite childish."

Kamui looked to the female in shock as she spoke to the one known as Mitsu Omura, in such a distasteful manner. He thought she was indeed insane for even looking upon this evil monster. But his frightened nerve spoke for itself. "Stay back!! Get away from me!!" he shouted, but he was cut off before he could say anything more.

She glanced back at him and snapped. "Shut up boy!! Your mouth is becoming quite annoying!" With those words, she winked at Mitsu, who approached her as quickly as he could. She shook her head and grabbed Kamui's arm. He tried to struggle from her grasp, but her grip only grew tighter with every attempt. "Behave now Omura…we shall see one another very soon." She and Kamui disappeared from that spot. Faint laughter echoed in the night as Mitsu held a hand full of grass from where he tried to take back Kamui, but was unsuccessful in his charge.

He growled, his eyes glowing with anger. He clenched his fists and shouted out into the night with much tension and irritation echoing in his voice.