Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ BGC 2055: Megatokyo Burning ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bubblegum Crisis 2055: Megatokyo Burning
Fan the Flames: Five
 
The Boomer staggered, leaning up against the wall as it's eyes glowed faintly an odd, almost eerie green. Then jerkily it began to follow behind other Boomers, all of them slowly but surely migrating towards the middle of the city, ignoring the panic and chaos of the mercenary attacks and the police response.
 
Meanwhile in an office tower a urgent and extremely tense meeting was taking place. "You're insane," Nanami blinked, the golden haired woman looking across the desk at her guest with a expression of honest disbelief.
 
"No," Touga shook his head, long red hair flowing down the stylishly dressed man's back, "I think we can pull this off. My own resources aren't small..."
 
"Miki?" Nanami looked over at the blue haired man with a frown.
 
Calmly Miki was typing figures into a computer, roughing out a series of calculations. "We can do it," he finally admitted, "but I think it'd bankrupt all of us."
 
Touga hesitated, "I can't ask you...."
 
Nanami looked at her older brother with a faint smile. "This could save a lot of lives," she said, "and I'm proud that you came up with it. But are you sure?"
 
"For a long time now the money's just been a way of keeping score in the game of business," Touga shrugged, "I'll manage."
 
"I'm in," Miki said, "though I can't say my resources will add much. Should we call Arisugawa or Saionji in?"
 
"Hold them in reserve," Nanami suggested, "we might need their help later."
 
"That;s fair enough," Touga agreed as he moved over to the desk that was normally used by a secretary. "I'll start liquidating my personal holdings, then I'll pipe the money into a Swiss bank account," he said briskly.
 
"I'll start dealing with Nasnami and mine," Miki said with a smile then he looked to Nanami, "m'love, you get to do the negotiating."
 
"Why me?" Nanami asked as she watched Miki and Touga's fingers fly over each of their respective keyboards.
 
"Because you're better than us at it," Touga shrugged.
 
Out in the city things were continuing to get bad and crazy, the AD Police being stretched to the limit trying to contain the mercenary forces that badly outnumbered them. All across town the super humans fought to assist the police, defeating armored troopers and trying to protect the innocents caught in the crossfire.
 
Gree haired tied back in a ponytail Saionji charged, katana gleaming as he called out, "Rock splitting sword!" A wave of pure chi energy swept forward, the mercenary armor practically explodig yet the pilot within was left unarmed. Dressed in a simple suit of armor cloth in white and green he looked good, as well as dangerously capable.
 
"You know," Utena ducked a armored fist then she slashed with the Sword of Dios as she said, "I think I'm impressed."
 
The faceplate of a nearby soldier simply shattered under the impact of a thrown rose, then Anthy smoothly brought it down with a swift kick. "Are you all right, Utena?"
 
"I'm fine," Utena smiled. The two women wore stylized vesions of a boys school uniform, Utena's in black edged with rose while Anthy's was reversed in rose edged with black. She looked around the battlefield that had once been a corporastion's parking lot and said, "There doesn't seem to be an end to these things."
 
Saionji nodded seriously as the three set out together, stepping over fallen armored troopers with surprising casualness. "We're making a dent," he offered, "but it looks like hundreds of troops were brought in."
 
"And all of them are in power armor," Anthy added, casually kicking an armored gauntlet aside. She reached out to gently squeeze Utena's hand, unaware of Saionji's gaze.
 
Saionji looked away, focusing instead on keeping a wary eye on their surroundings. Once upon a time he had been the one holding Anthy's hand, if only for a short time, and he still felt a little twinge when reminded of it. 'Of course I was a jerk back then,' he reminded himself, 'so I doubt the ladies would want to be reminded.'
 
"Where do we..." Utena started.
 
BOOM!
 
Without a word they raced towards the source of the explosion, seeing a snake of smoke curling up towards the sky. Utena lead the way around a corner then they jerked to a stop, all three of them gazing at what awaited them in surprise.
 
A boomer, seemingly gone insane, was wildly tearing at a mercenary's power armor, the female type riddled with bullets but still going strong. Other boomers were converging on the soldier, then turned to look curiously at Saionji and the others. Nearby a armor had exploded, the pilot a bloody mess as more of them still tore at the wreckage madly.
 
"This is not good," Anthy murmured, eyes narrowing dangerously.
 
"We've got to save the other pilot," Utena charged forward, the others following her in.
 
Saionji shimmered golden a second as he leapt for the mass of boomers, sword swinging as he called, "Evil cutting sword, form one!" With a burst of energy boomers were blasted back, Utena and Anthy swiftly helping drive the maddened creatures away from the battered suit.
 
As te boomers scattered the front of thev armor swung up, a figure climbing out as smoke billowed out from within. Coughing madly she stagged away, eyes streaminng with tears from the smoke and heat within the wrecked suit. As the three gathered around her she looked up in disbelief, croaking "Why...?"
 
Utena offered her a hand, helping her up as she raised a eyebrow, "Why what?"
 
"Why are you helping me?" she managed, her blue eyes almost catlike as dark brown hair fell around her face. "We're enemies," she added a bit hesitantly as if she really didn't want to remind them of that fact.
 
"We don't kill," Anthy answered her calmly, "and we don't want to see anyone else die if we can help it."
 
"Damn it," the young woman looked away, faintly ashamed.
 
Saionji had his radio out and called the AD Police, blinking in surprise at what he heard. "Damn," he murmured, "you sure? Understood."
 
"More trouble?" Utena asked with a grim smile.
 
"Boomers all over the city are going mad," Saionji said coldly, "and someone hit AD Police headquarters.. there were almost no survivors."
 
Both Anthy and Utena turned to look at their captive, but the young woman liooked almost as appalled. "Can I use your radio?" she asked, eyes narrowed with pure anger. She tapped into her command net, her expression oddly blank as she listened. "It wasn't our mercs that did it," she finally reported, "but Nergal's private armed forces."
 
"And we should believe you?" Anthy asked coldly.
 
"We're mercenaries and we fight for money," the woman acknowledged, "but we're not stupid. Commiting that sort of crime isn't profitable, not to mention it's the sort of thing that could get us banned or shut down."
 
"She's got a point," Utena conceded.
 
The radio sqwaked again and the woman picked it up again, listening with a look of utter disbelief. Lowering it she murmured, "A company just bought out our contracts, we're being ordered to aid and assist the AD Police..."
 
Saionji looked at Anthy and Utena and asked, "Want to bet Touga and Nanami had something to do with this?"
 
"I don't take sucker bets," Anthy said deadpan.
 
The pilot moved to walk off then stopped. "My name is Yohko," she said, "Yamamoto Yohko. I owe you my life, and I intend to repay that debt."
 
To be continued....
 
Note: Yes, that's Yohko from Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko, a series I've always liked. I needed a name for a pilot and it seemed like a not bad fit.