Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Thoroughly Confused ❯ Back Home Part 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ForeverDestiny: Welcome to the fourth chapter of Thoroughly Confused. I wasn't entirely sure what to do this chapter because I have a bit of writer's block and my muses went to the store to buy more popcorn. Don't get me wrong; I have the entire story planned out in my head. I know exactly where they have to get to before I end the chapter. One problem: I don't know how to get them there. So the solution for now? Write an interlude. You all know what happened to our six heroes when they were transported, but what was the reaction of their friends. None (except for Li) were alone when they got pulled into the other dimension. I'm also going to put some things in about `Luna'. You won't understand some things but that's why I'm going to write a prequel to this story once finished. In it, you'll get the back-story on `Luna' (but you'll know their true name by then). There will also be some action with our six heroes, so it's not all bad. But enough of the future, let's get on with the story!

Thoroughly Confused

Chapter 4 Part 1

Back Home

I blinked once. I blinked twice. My eyes grew wide. My sister and her best friend, whom I pretty much considered the little brother I never had, had disappeared right in front of me. They had heard a strange noise, thunder rumbled, a booming voice said they were summoned, and they disappeared.

Sora put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I looked at her. She looked about as shocked as I. I guess we didn't have much reason to be shocked; this sort of thing happened all the time to TK and Kari. They were the Chosen Children of Hope and Light. It seemed everything evil wanted a piece of them.

I glanced around the table. Ken had put an arm around Yolei in attempt to comfort her, while Mimi had latched onto Joe. I'm sure he would be red as a tomato if it weren't for the missing members of our group. Matt, Cody, and Izzy were staring at the spot where TK and Kari had been sitting. Davis was fuming. I looked at him and he noticed my glance. He looked about ready to explode. After a few seconds, he did.

"Why did she disappear with stupid TA? She should have disappeared with ME!" Everyone sighed, except for Matt and I. How insensitive could one guy get? How dense? I knew I could be bad at times but nothing, and I mean nothing, I did was as bad as this! I was about to mouth out at him when the voice came back. Not as loud and not as booming but the same voice.

"Digidestined

I beg of you

Not to worry of

Your friends, two.

They are with me

In my world.

With four others

Their destinies twirled.

A tiny experiment

Truly minute.

At the end,

A change, so cute.

Digidestined, trust me.

My sincerity unwavering.

My reliability undying.

My loyalty never quavering.

I leave you now.

Feel in peace.

And continue

With this feast!"

With a laugh, there was one more thunderclap and the voice was gone. It took me a minute to digest what it had said. I turned to Izzy.

"What was that?" He, of course, was already on the laptop. He looked up from typing.

"Well, I'm researching. Let's take this line-by-line. The first stanza pretty much tells us not to worry about TK and Kari. That's obvious. The first half of the second stanza tells us that they were brought to another world, probably another dimension. The second half says that four others were taken. They could be other digidestined but I doubt it. Most likely they were from other dimensions as well. The third stanza says that they are involved in an experiment, which will result in a change. For good or bad I can't tell. Probably they think it's good for they tell us not to worry. The fourth stanza, I believe, is a clue to their identity. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the poem. Maybe it was referring to our crests. Let's see, we know Mimi has the crest of Sincerity and Joe has the crest of Reliability. Who has the crest of Loyalty?" He punched some more buttons on his laptop. "According to this, no one has the crest of Loyalty. It was made but it hasn't been given to anyone yet. Unless…." He typed some more. Then he started laughing, very hard.

"What, Izzy?" Izzy was beyond help. His face was red and it looked like he was struggling for breath. Matt grabbed the laptop. He read the screen and started laughing like Izzy. Davis grabbed it next and laughed harder than the other two. I was tired of this so I grabbed the laptop. I couldn't believe what it said. I started laughing.

"What, Tai?" Sora had spoken but the others looked at me the same way. I just smiled and handed the laptop to sorry. She smiled as she read it. She glanced at the others.

"What does it say, Sora?" She chuckled.

"The crest of Loyalty is to be given to the child of Sincerity and Reliability."

To Be Continued

ForeverDestiny: Hehe, good place to leave off? Sorry but you can't get a better cliffhanger than that. Well, you can but I like to believe it was good. Sorry this was kind of short. My writer's block hasn't left (even though it took me 2 days to write and rewrite this!) and I just got a call from the police saying my muses are being held hostage at Albertsons. So I think I may make Back Home a three or four parter, this being the first part. So stay tuned for part two of Back Home. This is your authoress, ForeverDestiny saying `Goodbye and have a pleasant tomorrow!'