Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Neo Card Saga ❯ Prologue

[ A - All Readers ]

Iori: Archangel.
Arch: Augh! Iori what did I tell you when you became a muse?
Iori: No kendo in the computer room and don't sneak up on you.
Arch: Right. Now what's up.
Iori: Shouldn't you be working on Defender's Keep?
Arch: I am! But this just got lodged in my brain. It's the prologue to a new series. Give me a read and tell me what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
The Neo Card Saga: Prologue

"Takeru, we have to get out of this storm!" Hikari shouted over the winds.

"I hear you, Kari-chan!" He shouted back. "There's a house over there!" He said pointing.

"Taki, everyone says that place is haunted!" She protested. A moment later, however, a bolt of lightning struck a cherry tree, reducing it to splinters. "Forget I said that." She said sprinting towards the house with Takeru in hot pursuit.

The two nineteen year olds burst through the door into the house, tumbling into the living room. "Hello?" Hikari called. "Is anyone there?"

"We're just trying to escape the storm." Takeru called. When they received no response, Takeru shrugged. "I guess no one's home."

"Well," Hikari said with a sneeze. "the door was unlocked, so maybe they just went out for a minute." She sneezed again.

"Hika-chan, you're soaked. Why don't you find a bathroom and wring your clothes out while I build a fire and call Yamato. Although it would probably be better if you called Taichi. He thinks I'm nothing but a walking bundle of hormones."

"All right," She said dubiously. "but stay here and don't touch anything you don't have to." She said tossing him her cell phone.

"Sure. And if the owner comes back, I'll just explain what happened."

Ten minutes later the pair switched places as Takeru went to dry out and she produced her cell phone and dialed her brother. "Hey Taichi."

"Hikari, where are you? You're not out in that storm are you? You know how easily you get sick."

"You know for a guy who got me my own apartment, you sure worry a lot. I found an old house. I think it's abandoned, so I'm just gonna wait out the storm here, and If I'm wrong and someone does show up, I'll just explain. Okay mother?"

There was a long silence, then Taichi asked quietly. "Is Takeru there with you?"

Hikari cursed silently, then answered honestly "Yes."

"You know I don't like you two spending time alone together."

"We're just friends, Tai. For us to do the kind of things you're thinking of would be too weird."

"All right." Tai growled. "Yamato called me a half hour wondering where Takeru was. I'm going to trust the two of you, but you tell him that if he tries anything he'll answer to me."

"I'll tell him." Kari said collapsing her phone and slipping it into the inside pocket of her leather vest.

"So," Takeru said shaking his head and spraying water like a drowned puppy. "low grade explosion?"

"Yeah, kinda." Hikari shrugged. "He's afraid we'll do something naughty."

"Then why don't we?" He said playfully.

"Because my onii-chan said that if you try, you have to answer to him." She said with a smile.

"And that's a good enough reason for me."

"Then let's just be good and sit in front of the fire." Hikari said sitting down.

"Fine by me." He replied, settling down next to her. Lulled by the warmth of the fire and the rain pattering against the windows, the pair soon leaned against each other and dozed off.

***

The groggy pair were awakened by a shrill chirping. "Hika-chan, your phone."

"Yo." She said raising the phone to her ear.

"You all right Hikari?" Tai asked from the other end. "You sound funny."

"Well, Takeru was just strangling me and I had to hit him where it counts."

"I'll kill him! I'll rend him limb from-"

"Onii-chan, I'm kidding. We dozed off in front of the fire and you woke us up. What's up?"

"We'll it's been a half hour and the storm is starting to get worse. Do you want us to come and get you?"

"No." She said remembering the cherry tree. "Everyone is safe so let's keep it that way. If I get into any trouble I'll call you."

"Okay. Yamato wants to talk to Takeru."

"Sure thing. Takeru. Your onii-chan." She said fielding him her phone.

"Whassup? I'm fine onii-chan. Unh huh. Yup. Yama-san! I'm a gentleman. You do and you die. No army, just me. You keep forgetting I'm not TK anymore. I grew up. Yeah later." He said hanging up and passing the phone back to Hikari.

"What'd he say?"

"Asked if I was doing all right and if I was keeping my hands to myself."

"Silly." She chuckled replacing the phone. "I'm bored."

"Me too." He said. "You wanna look around a little?"

"I don't know. We really shouldn't." She said. "But I'm going nuts."

"We'll I'm going." Takeru said sliding his hands into his pockets.

"Wait up." Hikari said following him. "Someone's got to keep you out of trouble."

"That's why I've got my hands in me pockets. I can't touch anything that way."

The house was modestly furnished lacking the personal qualities that identified the occupant. The bored teenagers wandered aimlessly around until they came to an empty room save for the thick leather bound book on the pedestal.

"I wonder what it is." Kari said placing her hand on the latch that held the massive tome closed.

"I don't think we should, Hika." Takeru said seriously as he covered her hand with his own. "This is obviously private and whatever's in there is supposed to stay in there."

"You're right. This is none of our concern." She was about to step away when a loud thunderclap and a brilliant flash of lightning startled the pair. As she spun towards the sound, Hikari's hand brushed against the latch springing it open.

Seconds later the book sprang open as a flood of blue and white cards leapt from the book knocking the pair to the floor before escaping through the open door.

"Oh dear." A feminine voice said moments later. "Make a bit of a mess did we?"

Takeru shook his head as brunette woman who didn't look much older then him helped the luckless pair to their feet. "I'm sorry ma'am." He said. "We were just trying to escape the storm."

"But a new storm is brewing." She said gently as she smoothed her black silk shirt. "You have freed the Neo Cards."

"We didn't mean to." Hikari said. "It was an accident."

The woman smiled warmly. "I understand. You two look a little chilled. Since you started a fire, let's go enjoy a cup of tea while we discuss the situation." The two teens nodded and followed the strange woman. "By the way, I'm Takishino Reana, but my friends call me Ree."

"I'm Takashi Takeru, and this Kamiya Hikari."

"But we go by Taki and Hika respectively." Hikari said.

"Well it's very nice to meet you." Ree said leading them into the kitchen as she set a tea kettle on to boil.

"So you're not mad about ..." Hika began.

"Not so much as I am concerned." Ree said passing the other girl a chair from the kitchen table. "I understand it was an accident, and I myself have some blame in it."

"What are those things?" Taki asked carrying the chair to the living room followed by Hika and Ree.

"Neo Cards." Ree explained. She held her hands palm up and in a small ball of light created a dove. "Magic."

"Is it real?" Hika whispered.

"You tell me." Ree smiled passing the little bird to the surprised girl.

"Amazing." Taki said. "So I take it you're not a teenager?"

"No. I'm a kind of sorceress and the Neo Cards are my proudest creations." She paused as the kettle screamed and she slipped into the kitchen only to return with a cup of tea in each hand and one floating sedately in the middle. "Which brings us to the matter of their recovery."

"Thank you." Hika said stirring with the cinnamon stick Ree had provided as the floating cup drifted over to Taki.

"We'll get them back." Taki said stirring his own cup.

"Well Taki, it is your responsibility because you released them, but it's not like picking up a deck of cards. Each is filled with a life force all it's own. Recapturing them won't be easy. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"We have to." Hika said decisively.

"Hika's right." Taki said. "If we hadn't opened that book you're Neo Cards would have never escaped."

"Determination and responsibility." Ree mused with a smile. "You will do well." So saying she waved her hand and a blue glow wrapped around Taki's wrists and left ring finger to resolve into a pair of silver bracelets and a silver ring with a perfect sapphire set into it. A wave of the other hand granted Hika the same items, but her stone was a brilliant ruby. "Your rings will glow when a card is in the area."

"And the bracelets?"

"Sorry Taki, you need to learn some of these things yourselves, but you will need some guidance." She said setting aside her now empty teacup. "Follow me."

The two teens quickly drained their cups and followed Ree into the small library the pair had visited earlier in their explorations.

"I can't let you go out totally unprepared." Ree said kneeling to open a drawer at the bottom of the bookshelf to produce a small box.

"So what's in the box?" Hika asked casually.

"I knew," Ree murmured a few words and the latched popped open. "that the Neo Cards wouldn't be contained forever, so I created these." She opened the box to reveal a small deck of silver and gold cards. "Hey guys, these two have to recapture the Neo Cards and they'll need guidance. Who wants to help them?"

The deck seemed to whisper for a moment before two cards flew into the surprised teens hands. "Wha- what are they?" Taki stammered as he looked at the card in his hand.

"They're spirit cards. They will provide you with guidance and council. Hika's is-"

"Light." She said numbly.

"That's right." Ree said in surprise.

"And I have Hope, don't I?" Taki said.

"Yes, you do." Ree blinked in shock. "How did you know that?"

"Just like old times, eh Hika?" Taki asked shakily as he slid the card into his jacket pocket.

"Yeah." She replied, dazedly tucking her own card into her breast pocket. "Just like 'em."

"Okay..." Ree said uncertainly. "I do have one last thing to give you." She said reaching behind a book to press a hidden button that caused the center of the room to become a series of spiral steps leading into an inky blackness.

"Where does this lead?" Hika asked nervously.

"Down, of course." Ree said handing the teens a pair of flashlights before grabbing one for herself and leading the way down. "Stay close, because if you get lost in these tunnels you'll probably never find your way out."

"So what's down here?" Taki asked.

"The Triad Crystal." Ree said, rotating a stone to serve as a marker before leading them down a corridor. "Or two thirds of it anyway."

"What happened to the other piece?" Hika asked.

"A jealous student, named Najima Sorato, stole it." She replied flipping another marker stone as she turned to the left. "But it cost her right eye."

"And you want us to take this crystal thing?" Taki said in shock.

"I'm rather fond of both eyes, thank you kindly." Hika said.

"No no I'm giving you the crystal. There is a difference."

"Okay. I'm gathering that this crystal is fairly important, so care to clue us in."

Ree looked at the two forks in the tunnel before us, the flipped a marker stone before proceeding. "Any piece of the crystal can increase your speed, strength, stamina, agility, things that you are really gonna need if you go after the Neo Cards. The crystal also amplifies the powers of the cards you've already captured."

"So what can you do with the whole crystal?" Hika asked.

"I'm-" She flipped a stone and made a sudden turn. "Always forget that one. I'm getting to that. Since each of you will possess a piece of the crystal, together you can merge the powers of multiple cards together for a short time, and you turn Sorata's Necro Cards into loyal Neo Cards."

"Necro Cards?" Taki said shooting Kari a nervous glance.

"The Neo Cards," Ree flipped another stone and started to walk a bit faster. "are mischievous or benign in nature, but Sorata's Necro cards are out and out evil. When I found out about them, I banished Sorato with the intention of destroying the Necro cards, but she returned that night ant took the Necro Cards and a third of the crystal. She would have gotten the Neo Cards too if I hadn't stopped her in time. As she glared at me with her one good eye she vowed to destroy me."

"All in all I'd say she took it well." Hika said dryly.

"Yes, but what's that have to do with us and your crystal?" Taki asked.

"Whoever possess the full crystal has nearly unlimited power, including the power to create cards at will. Needless to say, in Sorata's hands, that would be a very bad thing."

"So why don't you just steal back the piece she has?" Taki asked as the stopped in front of the large oak door.

"It's not that easy, Taki." Ree said "As the two of you are about to discover. The crystal is right through this door. Just walk in and pick it up."

Hika and Taki exchanged an uncertain glance as the door slammed behind them.

"Oh did I mention the three trials?" Ree called as the floor in front of them burst into flames.

"No! You seem to have neglected that!" Hika shouted.

"Just trust your instincts! I'll explain when you reach the other side!"

"So I guess we go through?" Hika said.

"You've been hanging around Tai too much. The obvious way isn't always right. The room can only be so big around so let's try to go around."

"Good idea." Hika said as he lead the way around the flames.

"Just a little common sense." He said edging around the room. After what seemed like an eternity they cleared the intolerable heat and flames and behind them the flames died away.

"Well done. That was the test of wisdom and you both passed beautifully, Taki for realizing the solution, and Hika for seeing its validity." Ree called from the door. "Your next trial awaits."

"Thanks Ree." Hika called.

"Don't thank me yet." She murmured.

"Okay I guess we just cross the floor." Taki said. "So why do I have a bad feeling about this?"

"Well Ree said to trust our instincts so..." She placed one foot lightly on the floor only to yank it back as the floor crumbled leaving a trail of pillars.

The pair stared for a moment then said in unison. "I hate being right!"

"Those pillars are only big enough for one person. How much do you weigh?"

"115 give or take. Aren't you about the same?"

"Yeah. What did you have in mind?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes. Whyyyyy?" Hika trailed off in surprise as Taki grabbed her by the waist and threw her accurately to the first pillar. "If we live through this, I'm gonna kill you."

"Well if it's any consolation, I'm counting on you to catch me and toss me to the next pillar and it's a long way down if we miss."

"Then I have to ask you, do you trust me?"

"With my life." He said pushing away from the walls as Hika caught his wrist and spun him over to the next pillar. They continued this bizarre game of leapfrog uneventfully until Hika leaped from the last pillar to the solid floor ahead where Taki waited. She miscalculated her jump and landed short, her already sore muscles scrabbling for the edge. As her hands slipped Taki dove and locked his own sweaty palm around her wrist.

"I've got you." He said leaning back in an attempt to pull her up as the rock beneath his feet crumbled to dust sending them plummeting to the bottomless abyss only to stop as Taki grabbed the edge with his free hand.

"Let me go Taki or we'll both die." Hika said calmly.

"If you fall, I'm going with you." He said straining to pull them up as his grip slipped. Suddenly a third hand caught his as Ree pulled them back to solid ground.

"Well done. You have passed the test of faith." She said. "You were each willing to blindly put your lives in each others hands."

"How did Sorato make it through this?" Hika managed.

"She cheated." Ree said darkly. "You're final trial awaits you." She said as the floor reformed behind her.

"What is it?" Hika asked getting wearily to her feet.

"You'll see." She said nodding towards the empty stretch of floor.

"Stay close." Taki said.

"Of course." She said as he tentatively tested the floor. Luckily it proved solid and they moved quickly across it hoping that their luck would hold out against Ree's test, but it was not to be.

They were a quarter way across the floor when a massive chunk of the ceiling broke free and plummeted towards the pair. Taki shoved Hika out the way as he dove forward himself. Unfortunately gravity won that race smashing the into the lower half of his body, rendering his legs useless. "Taki!"

"Go on without me, Hika." He said resignedly. "I can't even stand, let alone walk. The crystal is just up ahead on the pedestal. Take it."

"No way, kid." Hika grunted putting her weight against the stone. "I know you didn't search for me, face the Dark Masters, and the Digimon Emperor, just to..." She grunted as the stone rolled away. "give up now because of a little setback." She finished supporting her friend as she moved towards the pedestal.

"Thanks Hika." He grunted biting back tears. The stone fragment had severely pulverized his legs and shredded most of his nerves. He didn't need Jyou's medical knowledge to know that the odds of him walking again were slim to none, but he had never given up before and he wasn't going to start now.

"Argh!" Hika's agonized cry brought him sharply back into focus. He looked down to see her right leg rotated nearly 180 degrees at the kneecap.

"Hika!"

"I'm all right." She lied.

"Never play poker." Taki said slipping his arm from around her neck and lowering himself to the floor. "You're a lousy liar." He commented as he knocked away the edge of the hole that had opened beneath the girl's injured leg, freeing it. "I'll support you."

"Taki your legs are little better than Swiss cheese."

"So?" He asked biting back a scream of pain as he balanced unsteadily on his feet and limped forward, while supporting Hika. "It's only a few hundred feet. I've done it before."

And amazingly the pair made it to the two pillars supporting the triangular shaped crystal fragments. Taki left Hika leaning on her own as he made his way to the other pedestal. "Taki?"

"Yeah Hika." It was a statement, not a question.

"I'm scared."

"Me too. We do it together?"

Hika nodded. "On three. One."

"Two." Taki said licking his lips as the two teens stood poised to drop their hands on the mysterious crystals.

"Three!" The cried in unison grabbing the crystals. As they held them a torrential flood of raw power surged through the pair as the crystals themselves faded to nonexistence.

"Well that's most surprising." Ree said as she appeared idly atop Hika's pillar as the teens fell to the floor spent.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taki gasped.

"Look at yourselves. You're both fully healed." Ree said. "I was going to do that for you but it seems that the crystals have activated some kind of dormant regenerative magic in each of you."

"Where-" Hika tried.

"You internalized the physical crystal as well as its energy, so just relax."

"Easy for you to say." Taki said. "You weren't just burnt to crisp, dropped into a bottomless abyss, crushed by a half a ton of falling rock, and electrocuted."

"What was that last trial anyway?" Hika asked as her breathing slowly became more normal.

"The trial of Loyalty. Rather than save yourselves you each chose to help the other." Ree said with a smile.

"Do you have any other surprises for us?" Taki said pulling himself to his feet.

"Just one." Ree said as he supported Hika. "All of my Neo Cards are generally harmless in intention, but there is one exception. It's called the sword card, and it will try to destroy you, not to retain it's freedom as the others will, but for the sheer glee."

"Great. Just great." Hika muttered. "I assume this is more than an FYI."

"Yes. The sword card will attempt to destroy you before you fully master your powers, so it may strike sooner than you think." She said as they reemerged from the library. "Well, since the storm's over, I guess you two better go home, but I'll be keeping an eye on you."

"Well if you hear about any cards we should round up, give me a buzz." Hika said producing a card from the pocket of her leather vest.

"Me too. I don't usually carry my cell phone and pager to school but I guess I can start now." Taki said producing a card of his own.

"Well you two are welcome here anytime. I don't get nearly as many visitors as I'd like." She said showing them to the door. "I like you two and I wish you both luck in all that you do."

"Thanks!" They called as they started down the street.

"And remember, trust your instincts!" Ree called.

"Hika, the apartments are the other way." Taki said as they started down the street.

"Taki, if we were to this story to anyone they'd try to have us committed." She said. "But we have to figure out how to use these," She held up a bracelet. " recover the Neo Cards, deal with Sorato and her Necro Cards, and still have a normal life. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna need some help."

"Well," Taki said with a sly smile. "I know eight people who would be happy to help."

***

"What's taking Koushiro so long?" Miyako asked.

"And what's this big news?" Yamato asked.

"Not until Koushiro gets here." Taki insisted. "It's a strange story and we're only going to tell it once."

"Here he comes." Taichi said coldly.

"Hey Koushiro! Glad you could- oof!" Taki was cut off as Koushiro's right cross sent him sprawling to the ground. As he wiped the blood from his lips he saw his ring glowing. "Hey Hikari, time for some on the job training." He said rebounding.

"Great. Just great." She muttered approaching Koushiro from behind. She threw a high roundhouse kick at his head, but he nimbly caught her leg and threw her into Taki.

"Can this get any worse?" He asked as the two teens untangled themselves.

As if to answer his question, Koushiro held his hands in front of him, then moved them slowly apart to create a slim silver sword.

"I had to ask." He said as they scrambled to their feet.

"At least we know where the sword card is." Hika said as Koushiro made a thrust for the pair. As Taki rolled to the left Hika jumped up and grabbed a low hanging branch before kicking her former friend in the face, sending him sprawling. "Sorry man." She said dropping to the ground a safe distance from her adversary.

Koushiro quickly rebounded, however, and made another thrust for her heart. She reflexively brought her wrists up blocking the deadly attack with her bracelets. As Koushiro's sword hit them, the bracelets struck together surrounding Hika in deep red glow.

Much to her surprise, Koushiro and the sword card backed away.

"What's happening?" She asked.

"It's like it's waiting for something." Taki said.

"Like a password?" Miyako asked.

"Maybe." He replied as Ree's words echoed in his memory.

Trust your instincts.

He struck his own bracelets together and shouted, "NEO POWER!" In a flash, he was dressed in a simple pair of khaki-like slacks and a lightweight long sleeved shirt with an eye mask tied behind his head. His outfit was completed by boots, a flowing ankle length cape, and a wide brimmed hat, all in cerulean blue. He pushed the hat back on his head with the stoat wooden staff he held in his hands before turning to face Koushiro.

"Works for me. NEO POWER!" In a flask, Hika was dressed in a red version of Taki's outfit, but instead of a staff she held a pure crystal sword with a golden thread running though it from tip to hilt with a glowing silver stone in the pommel. "Let's wrap this up before we gather an unwanted audience, Hope."

"Fine by me, Light." He said advancing on the sword wielding Koushiro as Hika, or Light as she called herself now, quickly took the offensive with a quick swing at Koushiro's sword hand. He spun quickly and disarmed her with a twirling parry sending her sword flying high into the air. She stepped back to avoid a back hand slash when she stumbled over a root and landed unceremoniously on her rear.

Koushiro stood over her, the sword poised as an executioners blade. So it ends... like this? She thought. So be it. She closed her eyes and waited for the end .

It never came. She opened her eyes to see Hope holding back the sword with his staff. "Feel free to rebound anytime, sunshine."

"Sure thing blue boy." She said flipping to her feet and glancing around for her sword.

"Catch!" Mimi called. Light looked in her direction in time to see her sword tumbling through the air. She jumped into the air and twisted around to grab her sword as Hope forced Koushiro's arm back for the split second he needed.

"Time to separate you from your toys, Koushiro." He said smashing his staff into the older boys wrist, shattering it with a sickening snap of bone. As the sword card fell from his worthless hand, Hope's double roundhouse kick knocked him away from the card, preventing him from grabbing it with his remaining hand. Unseen by him, the sword card leaped from where it had fallen a heart beat earlier and launched itself at his back.

"Behind you!" Iori cried with his usual implacable calm.

Hope barely managed to vault up and over the sword as Koushiro slumped to the ground unconscious, which left the sword careening towards Light who stood her ground as her sword began to glow red.

"From my mistake your freedom came.
I claim you now your power tamed!"

With these words a crimson spiral of energy leapt from her crystal blade and enveloped the oncoming sword completely engulfing it for a moment before dissipating and depositing a blue and white card at her feet. "We've got what we came for, Hope. Let's go." She said sliding the crystal sword into a sheath on her back hidden beneath her cloak. That attended to, she knelt slightly and then shot out of the park heading east.

"Right behind you." He whispered, leaping away from the gathering throng.

***

A few minutes later the pair landed in a little known and less used clearing a quarter mile away from the park. Light took off her hat and ran her fingers through her hair.

"You look good as a redhead." Hope said from his perch on the branch.

"I'm...a...what?" She squeaked.

"Red head, carrot top, firebrand. Don't feel bad." He said taking off his own hat. "Now I look like Jyou."

"But at least we're color coordinated."

"Oh mercy. You sound like Mimi." He said dropping nimbly to the ground. "Shall we change?"

"Let's." She said. In unison they called out, "POWER DOWN!"

As they returned to normal Hika slumped against Taki as the others entered the clearing.

"What did you do to my sister?" Taichi demanded grabbing Taki by the collar.

"Stop it, Taichi!" Sora snapped as Taki broke his grip and knelt beside Hika. "Takeru would never do anything to hurt Hikari."

"How do you know?" He snarled as Miyako and Iori knelt with him besides Hika.

"I just do." Sora said mysteriously. "Hey champ. Care to explain what happened back there?"

"It's a wild story but here goes." He said starting with the storm and ending with the sword fight. "And that's what happened."

"What a bunch a malarkey!" Taichi exploded.

"I gotta admit little bro, that is a little hard to swallow even for us." Yamato said.

"Oh their tale is true." Ree said from above the group. "Takishino Reana, Ree to my friends." She said dropping to the ground near Hika.

"What's wrong with me?" She whispered.

"Nothing. Capturing cards takes a lot of energy, but with you're regenerative abilities you'll be up and about with a few hours sleep. Catch is, if you take too long with a card you start drawing from your own life force. You start taking time off the end of your life. You did a good job with the sword card, and you really have a future as a team."

"So," Miyako said. "What do you want from us?"

"Any and all help would be appreciated." Taki said. "We have an extremely full dance card and a few partners on the floor wouldn't hurt."

"Well I can cover for you with mom and dad." Yama said. "Say you're helping with the band."

"Same here." Taichi said.

"Miyako, Iori, and I can do research." Koushiro said cradling his shattered wrist in a comfortable position.

"Are you okay Koushiro?" Taki said worriedly. The older boy merely smiled and nodded.

"And we can all keep our eyes open for strange happenings."

"I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I wish Daisuke was here. We could use the extra eyes." Hika said.

"That can't be helped." Iori said in his eternally quiet voice. "He's in America and won't be back until Gennai knows when."

"So," Hika said, extending her hand. "Who's in?"

"You know I am." Taki said covering her hand with his own.

Tai bristled at the encroachment into his sisters space but bit back his anger as he put his hand in. "I'm in."

"Me too." Matt said.

"Ladies, we are in." Sora said as she, Mimi and Miyako, placed their hands in.

"We're in." Jyou and Koushiro said in unison. Iori stepped up in silence and topped off the stack with a nod.

"My friends," Taki said with a grin. "Another great adventure awaits."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iori: At you least you didn't call me Cody.
Arch: Are you kidding? I still want to kill the dub artist who thought that up. What do you think?
Iori: It's based off of Cardcaptors, right?
Arch: Yup
Iori: It's good, but you still should be working on Defender's Keep.
Arch: All right, I'll make you a deal. If I don't get at least 15 good reviews from this story we'll send it to the old recycle bin, I go back to the slave pit on Defender's Keep. Agreed?
Iori: Agreed.
Arch: Okay folks, I've just made a deal with the devil. ::Winces as Iori hits him in the head with a kendo stick:: Anyway, if you want to see more of Taki and Hika as Card captors just duck down there and send me a review! This story's life is in your hands.
Iori: No pressure.