Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ The Truth Unfolded ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: The fic is the only thing that's mine; characters aren't, unfortunately. All rights to these amazing ANIMEs belong to Clamp, Kodansha, Sunrise, Bandai, Sotsu Agency, yadda yadda yadda, so don't even think about suing me! You 'corporate boogeyman' on't be getting anything valuable from me anyway, except for a bunch of lousy grades, some leftover cookie crumbs, a Pentel point 5 ballpen, and some crumpled research papers.

Author's Notes: Wow! I'm really overwhelmed! You guys really do like my story! Again, many thanks to all those who reviewed. May the hand of Clow-sama bless you * hehehehe * BTW, Yui Ran, Kim Pai, the Tzes and all the other unfamiliar names you would be encountering in this chapter and in the succeeding ones are all products of my own twisted mind!

Now here's the third chapter, guys!

DESTINY by rei-chan

Chapter Three: The Truth Unfolded

It took Ieran quite a while to finally convince all three boys not to kill each other, and longer still to convince the two older ones to come up to the Li mansion--peacefully-- to talk. The long-haired lad had pointed out that the place which they were in was as good as any place to start clearing up this matter, and Syaoran had backed him, saying in a rather menacing voice that villains like the two older boys should not be allowed to set foot in HIS house and threaten HIS family. This led the older boy to start waving his gun around in irritation, while Syaoran pulled out one of his ofudas as both shouted insults at each other. Finally, Heero Yuy had added his two cents.

Li Ieran stared in shocked amusement at the two shining gun barrels in front of them as they all sat around the Li mansion's dining room with a tray of tea and sweet buns. Heero had explained in a monotone that the weapons were for safety precautions, since he and his partner would be venturing into unchartered territory.

The long-haired, violet-eyed boy, who had grudgingly introduced himself as Duo Maxwell, sat with his arms crossed over his chest beside the stoic form of Heero Yuy, who was sitting across Ieran. Syaoran was positioned beside his mother, glaring darkly at the two boys.

After almost five minutes of silence, it was Heero who finally broke the ice. "Explain." was his simple statement.

"And you damn better be good." Duo added angrily.

Ieran briefly closed her eyes as she gathered her wits about her. Her narration was going to be a long one, and the two boys are not the only ones who would be affected by this. Syaoran's life and destiny will also be changed forever after her story.

A hand slammed loudly against the fine wood, jolting them all, except for Heero, back to attention. "We're waiting, onna." The braided teenager snarled in frustration at Ieran's stalling. "We don't have the whole fucking day."

"Shut up!" Syaoran yelled angrily at him. "Don't talk to my mother like that!"

Duo's eyes narrowed at the younger boy. "What did you just say to me?" he demanded in a deadly calm voice, his fingers inches away from the Browning Hi-power sitting on the table. Syaoran raised his sword at the threat, his own eyes blazing angrily.

"Urusai, Duo."

The violet-eyed pilot turned his attention to the one who spoke. "Demo--"

"Urusai." Heero's voice was firm. Turning to Ieran, who was watching the exchange impassively, he nodded once to indicate her to start.

She looked down at the table in contemplation for a few moments before opening her mouth to talk. "My name is Li Ieran." she began, softly.

"Great. Tell us something we don't know, will you?" It was Duo once again. His comrade glared darkly at him for his interruption, and he sulkily shut his mouth and listened.

"Almost sixteen years ago, my uncle, Li Kim Pai, caught four of the younger members of the Tze family lurking around the manor were the Li Elders live. Immediately Kim Pai accused the Tzes of snooping, and thus a magical encounter between the five of them started. My uncle, as well as the four Tze members, were all killed. When the Tze Elders found out that four of their member had been killed, they were livid. As a form of retalliation their clan casted a spell on the first male born of our family, the spell of the ultimate dispossession of powers. Incidently, the Tzes are also known as one of the most powerful dynasties in China, alongside us, the Lis. This spell would completely strip the first male heir of any of his magical powers, leaving nothing but a minute amount not enough to pass on to the next generation. They meant this to completely cut our family's lineage."

Ieran paused long enough to observe the reactions of each of her audience. Duo had his chin on his hand, eyes locked on her face, clearly listening intently and weighing the truth of her words carefully. Syaoran's eyes were on the floor, lower lip almost bleeding as he bit hard on it, his knuckles almost white. Heero was drilling twin holes at her head as he stared and listened attentively. She took a deep breath and went on.

"When the Li Elders found out that the Tze Elders had casted a spell on the first male Li, they were frantic. It had been written in the Book of the Fates that the first male born would lead the clan immediately after his training. How would the first-born child lead the clan when he does not have any magical powers within him? How would the family's ancient power be passed on, when the male heir would not have but a minute trace of this magic in his blood? In the Elders' desperation they arranged to consult one of our most powerful ancestors, Clow Reed, to seek his help. And help he did provide. Clow-sama created a riff through the future, and arranged to send the Li heir to the future, to the time after the colony, in order to escape the effects of the Tze's spell. The Tze's magical prowess, though powerful in itself, only worked in the present time and does not extend to the past nor to the future. And the plan worked. As soon as I had given birth to the first male heir, Clow-sama and the rest of the Elders combined all their power to send him safely to the future, thus the spell never took effect."

"But one problem posed itself as soon as the Li heir had been sent to the future. Li Pai Kwa, the most powerful among the Li Elders, realized that sending the heir to the future would mean that his destiny in this time line would be cut off. Clow solved this for us. Using a tremendous amount of ancient magic, our ancestor wrote two destinies for the heir. One destiny would be for this life time, and the other destiny for the future. These destinies--"

"What does all this have to do with me and my partner?" Heero asked suddenly, cutting into Ieran's long narration. "As far as Duo and I know, none of us are connected to this 'heir' you keep on referring. What, then, are we doing here?"

Ieran stilled, clearly unexpecting the Wing pilot's question. A few moments later, she asked the dark-haired boy softly. "Do you remember the name I had called you?"

"Hai. You made the mistake of calling me Li Raiu." Heero deadpanned.

"Can you still recall what happened in that clearing? When you and Maxwell-san were not able to move?"

A curt nod.

"Do you remember the sudden rush of an unknown power course through your body?"

His back stiffened at this question. He could still feel the rhythmic coursing of that strange force in his body. He couldn't deny this. And as if eager to let its presence known to him, the tingling sensation travelled up his spine again, starting from his stomach.

He saw the amber-eyed boy's head snap towards his direction, eyebrows furrowed.

"I remember." he admitted tightly.

"Where are you getting at?" Duo suddenly interrupted their exchange. Both Heero and Ieran turned to him with different expressions on their faces. "What does all of these mean, Ieran-san?"

Syaoran surprised them all by forcefully rising from his seat, almost knocking his chair over in the process. "It means," he began flatly, eyeing each and everyone gathered around him as his fingers gripped the edge of the table tightly. He stiffly jerked his head at Heero's direction. "That he is the heir. He is Li Raiu." With that, he pivoted on his heel and stalked out of the room.

As he nodded curtly at a maid who bowed respecfully as he walked past, Syaoran added to himself. 'And he is my brother.'

~ 0 ~

Everyone in the room grew quiet at the Li heir's--now the youngest Li child's--sudden exit. Ieran slowly exhaled in frustration at her youngest son's reaction. 'I would deal with Syaoran later.' she noted to herself as she turned her full attention back to the two stunned boys. Taking a deep, calming breath, she said to them, "As much as I would like to help you go through these details, I'm afraid that it is all up to you whether or not you would believe me. I know this whole incident sounds too ludicrous to you, but, please, try to keep an open mind. The Elders had requested that I bring Li Raiu to their chambers after dinner tonight. In the meantime, feel free to explore the estate." She rose from her seat and beckoned one of the housekeepers. "Mai Lei will see to your needs. She will show you to your prepared chambers when you are ready." Bowing to her two guests, she made a move to the door.

"Matte." Heero's soft voice made Ieran pause. Turning back, she asked him.

"Nanda?"

"We travelled back in time then, Duo and I."

Ieran nodded slowly. "Yes, you did."

"This isn't AC 195."

"No, you are in 1999 Hongkong."

Heero seemed to be struggling to express something. His deep blue eyes had been nothing but cold and calculated since they first met in the clearing, but now, they looked vulnerable--almost hopeful. "I-in AC 195," he began, his voice faltering just a tiny bit as he shifted slightly in his seat. "I do--I never knew my family." He said this in a rush.

Ieran's face cleared as understanding dawned on her. She smiled gently at her oldest son. "You never knew your family in the future simply because you _didn't_ have a family there." she told him quite simply. "You're real family is HERE, in Hongkong. We are your family."

She could have been imagining it, but Ieran could have sworn that a look of relief crossed those breathtaking blue eyes before they blanked out again.

Sharply, Heero nodded at her. "Arigato."

TBC

Oi, guys Did you see the revision I made? Li Wei pointed out that if I killed Syaoran's father while Ieran was still pregnant with Heero, then how would Syaoran come to be? Again, many many thanks to Li Wei for making me realize my stupid mistake! Keep on reading, guys, ayt?

==Like it? Hate it? Let me know. ^_^