Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ A Worse Father Than Genma 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE

"...he's not the WORST father, but you'd have to make an effort to find a worse one."

Toltiir raised an eyebrow, which wasn't that obvious on a cat. "So you think you could do a better job than him?"

"Not only yes, but Hell Yes," responded the youth.

The cat waved a paw and the youth vanished. "Fine. 'Put your money where your mouth is' or something to that effect."

--------

A phone rang in the main office of the Rival Relief Office.

The person in charge of the desk picked it up, trying not to show her inexperience with such things.

"Rival Relief Office. Your problem is our business. Errr, or something like that. This is Sasami! Can I help you?"

Sasami listened for a few moments, then tried to suppress a giggle. She failed. "Oh my. So you're currently *Genma's* replacement? I can see where that would be stressful. Uh huh. Yes, I agree, if your wife found out she *would* be rather upset that you were engaged to Ranma's mother."

Sasami rolled her eyes and smirked. "Oh. Married? Oh dear. Leapt in right during the ceremony, eh? Nodoka Saotome? What's going on in the background anyway? Oh. Locked yourself in there? She's trying to batter in the door, huh? Well, those *are* husbandly duties."

Sasami giggled at the sounds of breaking wood in the background. "I'll let people know you need some help with this one. Nah, just Bast and Mambo Jack. Yes, I *am* aware he's the god of (ahem) male endurance. With Nodoka, that'll help her get over Genma."

Sasami held the phone away from her head briefly. "Now, now. Try to enjoy it. You've been saying you could use a vacation."

----------

Sixteen years later:

Tatewaki Kuno stood at the back of the crowd, awaiting his turn.

A boy he'd never seen before came walking down the street, cracking the knuckles of one hand, then the other. Kuno dismissed the peasant after a moment, obviously of no consequnce.

The crowd had not yet firmed its position, Akane wasn't expected just yet. There was plenty of room for the boy to pass their ranks.

Instead the boy stood in front of the gates and looked them over with cold eyes. "Excuse me. Do any of you remember a girl about 5'4", bow in her hair who was a new transfer student last week?"

There were a few puzzled looks and a number of winces. She'd been as cute as Akane, and so (quite naturally) they'd attacked her so that they could date her. Same principle right?

"I see you do, she's a friend of mine. In case any of you are interested, she's out of the hospital and will be attending another school now." The boy stretched his shoulder slightly. "She's a very nice girl, and will probably forgive you. I, on the other hand..."

Without any other warning at all, the boy blurred and started punching and kicking. Unlike with Akane's battles, there were cracks and pops and audible crunches. Members of the Sumo Team went flying. A member of the dance club went down clutching his throat. Arms were broken, legs were broken, joints were dislocated.

Nabiki, watching from the second floor, noticed something. Each opponent ended up with a different injury. Even when an arm was broken, this boy broke it in a different area from one target to the next. When the boy shattered Hiroshi's leg, the boy screamed like a wounded rabbit. When Daisuke's leg was bent backwards, Daisuke just fainted.

Flicking bits of gore from his hands, the boy looked around. "Now where's this Shooting Fart kendoist and the bitch that started this mess?"

"You dare to speak of the Blue Thunder in such a manner, peasant?" Kuno stepped forward, and if he noticed the mewling piles of those classmates who weren't mercifully unconscious, he didn't show it. "I am Tatewaki Kuno, rising star of the kendo world, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High School! Your superior in breeding, skill, and manners."

The boy simply cracked his knuckles again. "Ranma Saotome. Heir to the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts. Any last words?"

Tatewaki Kuno began his forms. "The words you will take with you, foolish one, is that none can better the supreme skill of Tatewaki Kuno. I am URK!"

Ranma had blurred again, and had buried his fist into Tatewaki Kuno's stomach. Kuno curled up and was flying backwards when Ranma moved again at that blurring speed. A punch to the jaw straightened Kuno up, and a sweeping kick changed Kuno's trajectory again to throw him sideways into a tree. The tree cracked in half from the impact. Kuno didn't get up.

Ranma stepped over and grabbed Kuno's bokken, then snapped it in half casually. "Now where's this bitch Akane who can't settle her own fights?"

Akane looked up from the school gates where she'd been looking over the carnage. "Eh?"

Ranma began walking towards her. "Akane Tendo, I presume? A friend of mine got hurt because you can't seem to just say no to these guys. Apparently you even encourage this shit."

Akane went into a combat stance, eyes slitted. "These idiots can't take no for an answer! Stay out of my fight and my business if you know what's good for yaaaghhH!"

Again Ranma had blurred. Now he slowly retracted his hand from where he'd bloodied Akane's nose. "Sorry. I didn't quite catch that. You were saying that you're going to resolve this little problem before anyone else gets hurt, right?"

Akane stared at the trail of blood that stained her hands after she'd checked her face. "You? You hit me! You aaaaaa!"

Akane had tried to hit the boy. He'd grabbed that arm and casually snapped it before stepping away again.

"Miss Tendo. Fix these problems. Or I'll be back and this will look quite tame."

---------

"End simulation," said Serafita with a wince.

"Well, 'what if Ares had raised Ranma' is clearly a case of someone worse than Genma at being a parent," admitted Celeste. "You win."

"I'm not so sure," interrupted Rikard. "Ranma raised by Ares has superior fighting skills, doesn't blow things off, and is considerably more intelligent. You'll note that he fought to avenge a friend, nobody died, but they all got an 'eye for an eye' regarding that payback. While he still has some rough edges, rather like Phoenix Ikki from 'Saint Saeya', he even gave his opponents warning before he started crushing them. Brutal, perhaps, but efficient. It's quite likely that this will stop the Horde, though neither Kuno nor Akane are likely to permanently alter their behavior."

Celeste checked something and nodded. "You're right about the Horde. They drop Akane, stating that someone now must defeat Ranma to date Akane since he managed to beat both Kuno and Akane. Kuno goes after Ranma for revenge. Ranma admits to being a black sorcerer and starts playing around with the trappings, he isn't of course, but enjoys screwing with Tatewaki's head. Hmmm. No Jusenkyo curse. No Amazons. Though he does run into serious problems with the Tong later on."

"Could be worse," agreed Serafita.