Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ What If Galactus Raised Ranma? ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

OMAKEOMAKEOMAKEOMAKE

Yet Another Worse Father Than Genma series

He was older than this planet. Older than the pitiably weak yellow G-class sun that the planet orbitted. Older than this universe itself.

While his ever-present hunger lingered, so did a different hunger. Curiosity. Even though the milling throngs around him were as ants before him, still they had stymied his hunger on several occasions.

It was difficult to project a tiny fragment of himself into this world so as to observe it without his presence overwhelming the simple lifeforms. How did a species such as this embody so much of the best and the worst of the various sentients that he'd seen in his long journey?

His attention was drawn to a father throwing his child into a pit of hungry cats. Power? He wanted the boy to have power and so was sacrificing his child? How pitiable.

His hunger sent a gnawing at him. He had to leave and find sustenence. A scout was needed, someone to find that which was needed.

Well then, if the boy needed power, then the choice of a Herald was clear.

-----------

What If Galactus Had Raised Ranma? an omake by Metroanime

-----------

Ten years had passed.

Galactus had, with his herald, faced someone named Sailor Galaxia. Galaxia's attack had been ludicrous - at least if one were armed with the Power Cosmic. To use it against Ranma the Waverider had been ill-advised. To try using it against Galactus himself?

Well, Galaxia had provided enough sustenence that Galactus had given Ranma some time off. Time to check out the old neighborhood.

Waverider could track a neutrino through the heart of a galactic core, so finding the blue green world of his birth was easy.

Walking the streets of Tokyo was a let down. After the crystalline hive-cities of the Mu, the gaudy glamour of the Shi'ar colonies, the dirty and labyrinthine mazes of the Skrulls, or even the high tech strictness of a Kree settlement, this was just plain pathetic. It failed to inspire, and was neither particularly good nor particularly bad.

Had he come here in his official capacity as Herald, he would have deemed this world suitable for Galactus to slake his hunger. There was nothing here that struck him as special.

Now to track down that excuse for a parental unit that had fed him to those cats long ago.

-------

*THWAM!* A heavyset man slammed into the dirt behind the Tendo home almost hard enough to break bones.

Ranma lowered himself more sedately. "Well, old man? Give me one good reason I shouldn't strip the atoms off your body."

"GENMA, MY OLD FRIEND!" Soun rushed out of the house to hug his old buddy. "And who is this, is this Ranma?"

Seeing some strange old guy about to leap forward and molest him, Ranma lifted a hand and let the Power Cosmic crackle around it. "Don't even think about it, you hentai."

Soun backed up a little nervously. "Genma? You didn't mention that your son could float in midair or do *that* when you called."

"Well, this is unexpected," said Nabiki as she stepped out onto the veranda with her two sisters. "I take it that Ranma is like one of those American superheroes we hear about in the news."

"Hmmmph, I could take him on," said Akane, trying to convince herself.

"Well, son, you wanted me to give you one reason you shouldn't kill me, heh heh." Genma briefly wondered if perhaps this wasn't his wisest move. "You see, Soun here has something he wants to tell you."

"These are my daughters Kasumi, she's 19, Nabiki, she's 17, Akane, she's 16. Pick anyone you like, she'll be your new fiancee."

There was brief dead silence from everyone. Finally Ranma spoke. "You're shitting me."

"Uhm, son, you really shouldn't use language like that. You *must* marry one of my daughters. Well, which one is it going to be?" Soun blinked, was Ranma *glowing*?!

"I am Ranma, the Waverider, Herald Of Galactus. How DARE you demand things of me!" Ranma was not at all happy about this. Galactus could tell him what to do, of course. These *worms* dared to order him about?!

"Galactus?" squeaked Nabiki, who immediately vanished and hid underneath her bed. Not that she would have thought this an effective tactic, but then she wasn't thinking logically at this point anyway.

"Oh my," said Kasumi. "Galactus, the Devourer Of Worlds, the Terminator Of Civilizations. Oh dear." At which point Kasumi fainted as the implications of this hit her.

Akane stepped forward and made a fist. "You're not eating any planets while *I'm* around! I challenge you!"

Ranma idly pointed a finger and used a tiny amount of the Power Cosmic to flatten the girl. He was used to fighting mile long Kree dreadnaughts or planetary guardians or elite strike troops like the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. An angry teenage girl without special powers was hardly something he could take seriously.

That the girl got back up and threw a concrete lantern at him caused Ranma some slight pause.

"How dare you hurt my little girl?!" Soun Tendo began his Demon Head Attack.

Ranma blew it and most of the home away with a negligent wave of his hand. "Hmmm. You know, in some cultures they have an interesting concept called a 'pet'. The sentients on those worlds keep a lower lifeform which then is someone they can care for and which then provides some degree of companionship."

"You want a pet?" Genma asked as he watched the younger Tendo girl throw various objects at the hovering Ranma without any apparent effect.

Ranma nodded his head, beginning to smile. "Yes. A pet. That will do."

Akane realized that everyone was looking at her. "Uh UH. No way! I'm not going to marry some supervillain!"

"Of course not," said Ranma, as if speaking to a child. "I wouldn't want to marry some lower lifeform anyway."

Akane twitched as the glow around the Herald of Galactus intensified. "What?!" She had a very bad feeling about this.

--------

Galactus sighed as he saw what his Herald had brought in. "Ranma. How many pets are you going to accumulate anyway?"

"Just a few," said Ranma. "I ran across this concept of an 'ant farm' and I thought it had some merit for when I'm 'off duty'."

"Fine, but make sure that you take care of them when you're *off* duty. You are the Herald of Galactus and not a zoo keeper," said Galactus, privately a little amused at the antics of his Herald.

-------

"Oh my."

"You got that right, sugar."

"Shampoo want strong husband but this is ridiculous."

"Let me OUT! I don't belong here!"

"Shut UP, Akane. Little sister, do you think any of us particularly like this situation?"

"But Nabiki..."

"The twelve foot hamster wheel is kind of concerning."

"That isn't the only thing 'concerning' about this setup, Kino-san."

"Maybe you *shouldn't* have said 'the rest of the Sailor Senshi will defeat you', Mako-chan. I think he took that as a challenge."

Kasumi sighed as she looked out from their self contained environmental bubble. "Do you suppose we can get him to put in a kitchen at least?"

==============

Well, this should be different at least...

gregg