Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ What If The Nyanjin Raised Ranma? ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

OMAKEOMAKEOMAKEOMAKE

From the "A Worse Father Than Genma" series. A truly disturbing thought.

---------

Genma Saotome knew he was on the right track. The training manual had said to wrap a child in fish sausages and throw them into a pit filled with starving cats to learn an unbeatable technique known as the Catfist.

He'd starved the boy, he'd beaten the boy, he'd repeatedly sold the boy. No sacrifice was too great for Genma Saotome if it would make the boy a superior martial artist!

Genma looked over his preparations.

Since throwing the five year old boy into a pit of starving cats hadn't worked immediately, he'd been looking for something different. Then he'd found it, subdued the creatures (cat spirits or monsters of some kind), and thrown them into a pit. Now he would teach Ranma the Catfist for sure!

--------

They were known by different names through their wanderings.

Some called them the Neko-kata after a similarly psychically gifted race that was out there in the multiverse somewhere. Some called them the Maujin after a race they superficially resembled. Some called them terms and phrases not meant for gentlebeings to overhear. They called themselves something that sounded like a trilling purr ending with a mew.

They were a race of intelligent, magically and psychically powerful, catgirls.

They had grown up on a world and in a universe far far away. They had been genetically engineered for grace and beauty and psychic potential. They possessed minor shapeshifting powers to better fit in with whatever race they interacted with. They reproduced by finding males of some similar species to bond emotionally and mate physically with, or by finding suitable hosts that could be brought into the species by the implanting of a "seed". They were also cosplayers and roleplayers who tended to take those things to extremes.

When an "away team" had found themselves waylaid by some overweight martial artist, they had faked their capture because they were very curious as to what was going on.

On finding a human male child thrown into their midst, they agreed that this *was* interesting, carefully took the fish sausages off the boy and debated what to do. The boy was scared and hurt and hungry, so they took these observations into account.

There was also this 'Catfist' bit they were reading off of the adult mind and the child. Combine the powers of a cat and a human? Sounded fun!

Deciding to call themselves the Nyanjin in this particular universe, the catgirls decided that they were a bit too old for bonding with this particular boy. This world looked like fun, so going around and melding a few native girls with their DNA/persona template would help things along.

The boy, because he *was* a boy, wasn't suitable for being a catgirl. However, they *did* have a possibility they'd been toying with for a few centuries and trying to refine. Maybe this was the right time to implement it?

They were cat-based beings, playing around was something they couldn't resist.

--------

WHAT IF RANMA WERE 'RAISED' BY THE NYANJIN?

-------

Genma smiled as the lid of the pit exploded. Waitaminute. Was the Catfist supposed to involve his son getting cat ears and a tail? He didn't think that was how it was supposed to go.

The cat spirits were racing out of the pit too. They ignored him and went flying along in all directions, apparently looking for something.

Genma had a *very* bad feeling develop.

-------

Six year old Ranma walked through the mists with some odd girls.

They were his age apparently, or a little younger. They had tails and ears like a cat, they moved kinda like a cat. They were the Nyanjin and they were his harem. The whole idea was so totally bizarre that Ranma had difficulty wrapping his mind about it, so he just took harem to be a group of female friends you could play and train with.

That this was actually called a pride that had accepted Ranma as the Alpha-Heir to their little group (as soon as he grew up) was not something Ranma could quite grasp either.

They had just visited a world that had these strange manga and each of them had immediately settled into a role. Including costumes, somehow changing their hair color, and a few other things.

"Here we go, Ranma-sama," said Blue32, a catgirl with bluish hair who was trying to get used to her new name - Ami.

Ranma looked around but couldn't see anything that made this patch of mist different from any other. It was a Nyanjin thing apparently. "Whatta ya mean 'Here we go'?"

"This universe has some of the most intense and powerful martial arts training available," said Ami. "Ruled by an evil empire that forbids weapons to all but the highest castes, it still has monster attacks on the outlying villages. In order to fight off these ravagers, a powerful style of martial arts was developed - the Hyaku No Gyakusatsu Ken."

"Hundred Slaughtering Fist?" Ranma blinked. "That sounds kind of silly."

"Well," said Yellow15, who was forever after known as Minako. "If you don't want to study martial arts, we *could* go play over there!"

Ranma frowned. "So who says I didn't want to learn martial arts? As long as it's not like stupid Pops with his tie me up and throw me in a pit stuff."

---------

The seven year old stretched and popped his knuckles. "Okay, so this other system is called what?"

"They call it the Hokuto Shin Ken or 'Northstar godfist'," said Ami, absently looking over her booklet 'Martial Arts Of The Multiverse vol IV' booklet. "There's also a sister style called 'Nanto Sei Ken' or 'Southern Cross Spirit Fist'." (1)

"Pretentious, ain't they," said Ranma with a smile.

"The problem is that they're closed schools, so what I'd have to do is telelink you," said Usagi. "That way you'll learn the moves as soon as he uses them. Then you'll just have to train yourself in them from those memories. The hard part is veiling our presence."

"That's what ya did in that last world, ain't it?" Ranma smirked. "So what are we waitin' for?"

---------

"Thank you for your instruction, Kenshin-sensei," said nine year old Ranma.(2)

"Arigato, Yoda-sama," said twelve year old Ranma with a bow. "Your instruction has been most helpful."(3)

"Sir Clef, it has been nice working with you." Ranma waved over his head before the thirteen year old vanished into a paradimensional rift.(4)

"Bye bye, Gohan-san, Kurillyn-san, Shinkami-sensei," the fifteen year old called out before disappearing amidst a set of curtsying catgirls.(5)

----------

The sixteen year old bowed formally to his teachers for the past year. He'd have to go back and visit some of 'em later on. It was certainly different from what had happened with his father, in those cases he'd never be welcomed back there.

"So, we need to take a breather, eh? Well, some of the moves I've still got up here," Ranma tapped his head, "but I still have to master physically."

Ami nodded. "Besides, you're sixteen now. In your homeplane that's old enough to marry us."

Immediately Ranma found himself in a group cuddle. "HEY! Give me some room, will ya? I've still got to back and find out if there's anything to what the Away Team found out about 'previous arrangements'."

Ami shrugged. Gaining another co-wife or two or three was hardly a big deal to her or any of the Nyanjin. There were ways of handling it, after all.

---------

Nodoka Saotome was many things. On getting a letter from someone claiming to be her son, Ranma, who had been out of the country learning martial arts with some friends, she simply went over and bashed her husband over the head.

It had been a suggestion in a postscript from a previous letter. The suggestion had been that it would make her feel better. So far, it *had* been nice.

One letter had been received every year since Ranma had vanished. There was no postmark, no stamps, and in most cases no envelope. The letter simply mysteriously appeared in her stack of mail. And the photographs, dear sweet kami, the photographs!

Quaint looking rural villages, a forest of thick trees that she couldn't name, what looked like a themepark of some Disarmament era recreation, a swamp, some castle courtyard, some odd field with trees that had the most peculiar shade of blue leaves, and lastly some great ampitheatre.

Nodoka quietly handed the new letter off to her husband, then went back to read the other letters where they were safely stored. Ah, her son was *so* manly. Just look at all the cute girls who managed to sneak into each and every one of the photos! And sometimes the little scribbled notes in some different handwriting would mention how *she* was going to be the one to marry Ranma.

No, Nodoka Saotome was not one to harbor any doubts about the young man with the taut musculature who was being pursued by so many young girls. Even if most of them had strange catlike ears and a tail. To have so many feminine pets was surely manly, and that picture of him wielding a sword... so like an epic samurai.

Genma grumbled and rubbed his head as he read the letter. So his wimp crybaby of a son was coming home? Well, he'd show the boy what all his slacking had done, then he'd drag him off to the Tendo home! Misery is a dish that was best shared, as the Master had repeatedly taught them.

There was a knock on the door and (oddly enough) some meowing and talking.

--------

Soun grinned at his three girls. Genma's phone call had given him a hope he hadn't possessed in years. "He'll be here any moment."

A long whistling noise terminated with a *THUD!*

A large heavyset man with a smouldering gi landed in the Tendo backyard.

"Wow, talk about good timing," said Nabiki, nibbling on the end of a rice cracker.

"Saotome?" Soun ran out to inspect the unconscious man. "Saotome! It *is* you! Oh, Kasumi, can you get the first aid kit?"

--------

"So let me get this straight," said Nabiki, looking over the crew. Ranma was pretty easy on the eyes, but the crowd waiting outside was just plain scary. "You're Ranma Saotome and you just learned about this engagement thing, right?"

Ranma nodded.

"These are *real* catgirls who have all decided they're going to marry you," Nabiki said, with a gesture at the crowd in the backyard. "Though you've got some reservations about that yourself, you're also friends with all of them and aren't sure you want to make it a group marriage thing."

Ranma nodded again. Several catgirls frowned even though they knew him on this issue.

"You can't marry them, son. The Saotome-Tendo arrangement takes precedence. So which of my lovely daughters will you take?" Soun gestured towards where Akane was laid out on the floor, having tried to start a fight with Ranma immediately after he'd "defended himself" from Soun trying to hug him. Soun had merely been tossed through a window. Akane attacking from behind had gotten a seven hit combo and was currently unconscious. "That's Akane, she's sixteen."

"I'm Nabiki, I'm seventeen. My big sister currently putting a cold compress on Akane's head is named Kasumi and she's nineteen. I'm the financial whiz, Kasumi's the housekeeper, and Akane's the fighter." Nabiki decided she was tired of this already. This boy was cute, but had enough willing girls behind him that Nabiki didn't think her own chances were likely.

"Well, Nabiki-san," said Ranma, "I'm not sure about this situation."

"I can see that," agreed Nabiki. "You're not rich are you?"

"How wealthy is rich?" Ami asked from the door. "We've been managing his resources for him."

"How much have to got?" Nabiki replied back.

"Nabiki, that's not very polite," pointed out Kasumi. Though being a Japanese girl she was also interested in the bottom line.

"In this universe, he's..." Ami started working on her computer. "Currently worth about half a ton."

"Half a ton of what?" Nabiki took another nibble of rice cracker. There was no way she'd end up in some group marriage.

Ami looked up innocently. "Isn't gold a currency of exchange here?"

(coughcoughcoughcough hack cough) Nabiki started turning blue.

"Oh?" Kasumi thought for a few moments trying to come up with conversation. Failing, she fell back to her stand by. "Well, I suppose I should get back to the kitchen."

"Do you need any help?" asked a number of the catgirls.

Kasumi blinked. Someone offering to help? How odd.

"Well, son?" Soun asked, lighting a cigarette.

(SWOOSH! THUNK!)

Soun stared at the sheared off end of his cigarette. He looked back out into the yard but there were just a lot of innocent looking catgirls.

(cough cough cough gag cough)

"Oh my, Nabiki, that doesn't sound very good." Kasumi glanced back at where Nabiki was now looking rather not so good at all. She quickly moved to Nabiki's side to pat on her sister's back.

"Hang on," said one of the catgirls, "I can fix that, myan!"

(gag wheeze choke)

Akane woke up, saw one of the catgirls advancing on her sister, and tried to come to the rescue. Unfortunately all she managed to do was trip the catgirl so that she fell on Kasumi.

"Oh dear," said Kasumi, having ended up on the floor in a tangle with a furry ponytailed catgirl. "Oh my, you've got sharp teeth."

"uh oh. Usagi? You didn't..." Ranma looked at the two. "You did."

"Oh myaow!" Kasumi reached back and tugged her tail free where it had gotten bunched up in her panties. Then felt where her ears had popped out. "What happened, nyan, to me?"

"Nyanjin have the ability to pass their genetic template on to others, usually by a kiss or something similar to that," explained Ami. "It normally only works with the female of the species."

"Oh dear," said Kasumi, wondering at all the odd sensations currently going through her. "What does this mean, exactly?"

"Well, you'll stay young longer than a human, as a Nyanjin hybrid you could live five hundred Earth years." Ami tried to emphasize just the good points. After all, the girl looked rather shocked right now. No point in telling her about the psychological effects. "Your senses are much more acute and sensitive, your strength and agility are much higher, if you're injured you'll heal several times faster than a human would, your nails will grow in thicker and tougher, and you'll be much..."

Kasumi sniffed at Ranma a few times, not sure why but she suddenly found him enormously attractive.

Akane got unsteadily up. "How dare you turn my sister into a werewolf?! I challenge you!"

Ranma shook his head. "This cannot be happening, absolutely can *not* be happening."

"I really don't think this is a good idea," said Usagi.

Akane threw a punch at the girl's jaw. Usagi opened her mouth to protest some more. The obvious occurred - Akane's punch went into the open mouth and Usagi bit down. Breaking the skin on Akane's knuckles.

"Nyaoooww," Akane protested as she gained cat ears and a tail.

"There there," said Usagi, moving to the new catgirl's side and scratching her ears and rubbing her mane. That she'd gotten hurt by this girl didn't matter to Usagi. Akane immediately (and to her own surprise) calmed down and started moving into the stroking.

(cough hack!) Nabiki finally gasped for air and tried to focus on how two of her sisters now had tails and cat ears.

Soun stared and tried to get his mouth working.

Ranma sighed. Why did this sort of thing keep happening? Try to look up his old buddy Ucchan? He turns out to be a she, and Makoto bites her while trying to protect him. Run across that hunting party in China and that purple haired girl gets defeated in a fight. That had been all right until that girl had gotten up and kissed Minako, Minako had kissed back, and they'd added a purple maned catgirl to the pride.

"This is inexcusable, I said *marry* one of my daughters not turn them into housepets!" Soun had finally recovered use of his mouth. "Are you sure you don't want to turn all three of them into..."

So excited with the new feelings and pleasures of this new form, Akane had playfully leapt on Nabiki and bit her.

Ranma hung his head. "I can't take any of you anywhere, can I?"

--------

"Nyaa, where we go now?" Akane strutted forward, pulling on the straps of her backpack.

"Well, there's some martial arts we could learn in another timeline," suggested Makoto. "What about that world with the cyborgs dueling each other?"

"Tiphares?" Ami nodded. "Though maybe some other skills as well, there's that one with the green and purple giant robot."

Akane eagerly nodded. Learning martial arts with the other members of her pride was fun! So was cuddling up with her sisters. She'd never been this close to Kasumi or Nabiki before, and now she had a whole lot of other sisters to be close to! "Nyaa! Sounds like a plan!"

Ranma trudged along, ignoring the happily meowing catgirl pack around him. He hoped that the next world turned out to have fewer surprises, and that they didn't leave with more catgirls than he arrived with.

He just had a bad feeling about both prospects.

==============

(1) Fist Of The Northstar/Hokuto No Ken. Just in case nobody knew.
(2) Ruroni Kenshin/Samurai X/Wandering Samurai
(3) Star Wars
(4) Magic Knight Rayearth
(5) Dragonball Z

============