Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ Spider-omake ( Chapter 46 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Amaterasu looked over the pool. "No Kodachi matchups?"

Toltiir gestured. "You want to see a Kodachi story?"

"Not really, no," whined the Ranma who'd recently tried to beat an Elder god into giving him a favor. Which explained why he was currently 24cm tall and in a bird cage.

--------

Little Kodachi Kuno sniffled. Looking for meaning in her life after a common thug had killed her mother, she wandered here.

One of the Kuno labs, where Papa-san was known to do some strange things.

"Miss Kuno," said the little bucktoothed ninja. "You shouldn't be in here. Your father is experimenting with genetic splicing and radioactivity here. Very dangerous."

Kodachi glared at the frequent guardian of the Kuno children. "I know. A spider just bit me."

"Oh dear!" Sasuke said. "Well, let's get you cleaned up."

-------

SPIDERGIRL, an omake by Gregg Sharp

"Spidergirl, Spidergirl,
A kunoichi with a twirl,
Spins a web - any size,
Catches thieves, just like flies,
Look out - here comes the Spidergirl."

"Is she strong? Listen bud,
she's got radioactive blood!
Villains out, spreading crime,
with the speed of light,
She'll arrive just in time!"

"Hey there, here comes the Spidergirl!"

--------

"WHAT?! How exactly does this make her less nutzoid?!"

Toltiir looked up at the Ranma in the birdcage. "Simple. The Kuno family has a genetic anomaly that causes insanity. However in Nerima that's hardly as noticeable as it would be outside that area, right? She just received a massive jolt to her system. She's also been 'rewarded by the Heavens' to 'pursue a sacred duty' and act in the manner of a samurai by protecting the weak and punishing the wicked. So she's a little less crazy and channels what's left in an entirely new direction."

--------

"Kodachi! Hi!" Akane called out. "You wouldn't believe what just happened to me!"

"You were engaged against your will to the son of a vagrant martial artist?" Kodachi guessed.

"You heard, huh?" Akane shook her head. "He is *such* a jerk. In a way he's as creepy as that Spidergirl!"

"I don't know, Akane, some ninja girl running around beating guys up? From what I'd heard of you, I'd have thought you'd approve of her," suggested Kodachi with a smile.

"Hah! Okay, the beating up lowlifes and Yakuza I can get behind," admitted Akane. "But the whole spider ninja thing is entirely too creepy."

Kodachi shrugged. "To some degree, I must agree with you. For such as ourselves, with noble samurai ancestry, to associate with a ninja would be scandalous."

"That's not quite the point," said Akane, aware they'd had this conversation before. "Anyway did you hear about the diamond smugglers?"

"Oh, please Akane. Such a boorish topic. Tell me more about this fiance of yours instead." Kodachi smiled at her clueless, if nice, friend.

Akane scowled.

-------

Ranma stared as Akane walked away with that other girl. He was hidden. He was sure of it. Yet this other girl had looked directly at him and *smirked.*

He was also getting conflicting signals from her. Something told him she was really good at fighting, but the girl sure didn't act like she was ready for a fight. He'd have to keep a close eye on her.

------

Two days later:

Spidergirl fell, the spreading numbness from the gas causing her to miss a handhold. Thwip!

Not that that really mattered when you had your handy dandy webshooters.

Snag!

Spidergirl blinked behind her mask as she was lifted up by a powerfully built male physique.

"Don't worry, I gotcha!"

Spidergirl politely didn't point out that she had a webline to the next building.

"This is too dangerous for girls," pointed out Ranma.

*WHAM!* *splash!*

Using spider-speed and spider-strength to knock Akane's fiance out of the path of several poison-tipped throwing knives, Spidergirl felt that there might be some merit to the statement. If one were not granted such boons as the aforementioned speed, strength, and ability to sense incoming danger.

"You watch out, whoever you are," said Spidergirl called after Ranma.

A redhaired girl leapt onto the rooftop. "HEY! Whatta ya mean knocking me into the water?!"

Thwip! Spidergirl sent a webline out. "They're getting away. Better go home... you're a girl now?"

"Oh hell," said the girl, looking at her shirt, then back at the now dwindling form of the ninja.

Spidergirl loved this part, a highspeed chase over the rooftops, speeding along in an acrobatic blur of motion that was as much of an adrenalin rush as one of velocity.

There! The van was coming to a stop at a red light.

(pant!) (wheeze!) (gasp!) "you're... pretty fast."

"Shhhh. They'll hear us," Spidergirl indicated. Though she was a little impressed. This was hardly a normal girl if she could keep up with her for very long.

(pant!) (gasp!) "...who?!..."

"Slaver ring, they've been kidnapping young girls and smuggling them off to Hong Kong," whispered Spidergirl. "Once they reveal their headquarters, I can deal with the viper in its nest."

(gasp!) "...oh..." (wheeze!)

"There they go," said Spidergirl, getting ready to spring into action again.

(gulp!) "No way. It's too dangerous for..." Ranma watched the girl moving off into the distance. "Okay, maybe *some* girls aren't exactly weak and fragile."

----------

One month later:

"So you do this all the time, Kodachi?"

Spidergirl knew he'd been there, the accusation was a surprise however. "I'm Spidergirl, the ninja who strikes for justice. I don't have a 'little long sword'."

"I know it's you, Kodachi. I'm good enough at the Art I can tell that kinda thing," said Ranma.

"I don't have time for whatever you're pushing," said Spidergirl. "That vehicle over there is being used by the Yakuza to ferry narcotics into the area. Worse, supposedly they have a 'gaijin tarento' (foreign talent) by the name of Bullseye."

"I don't... He any good?"

"Supposed to be a professional assassin. Anything that comes to hand is a deadly weapon for him. Knows some strange martial art, possibly a unique one." Spidergirl pointed. "That unsavory looking fellow in spandex is likely him."

Ranma blinked. "Okay. When do we strike?"

---------

Mimir's Well:

Ranma groaned. Toltiir snickered. Not many Elder gods could get away with snickering.

Images skidded past the surface of the Well.

Spidergirl swinging into combat with thugs, Yakuza, and supervillains.

A reluctantly masked Ranma Saotome as "Martial Arts Guy" (before Kodachi was finally able to get him to change his costumed name to Striker and his twin sister Kicker) getting some decent fights in against thugs, Yakuza, and the occasional supervillain.

Shampoo shows up, gets kidnapped by Electro, rescued by Striker, finds out that Striker is Ranma is the outsider girl. Finds out that Akane is really upset about Ranma being gone most nights, and determines that she enjoys beating up stupid outsider men - particularly supervillain types. Mountain Girl starts showing up.

An adventure involving Spidergirl, Thor, Striker, and Doctor Strange ending up with Ranma cured of the Catfist - except that he now powers up into a weretiger he now calls Tigerboy (causing looks of disgust from everyone else as he declares this.) His cure for the Jusenkyo curse lasts until Mousse splashes him with Spring Of Drowned Duck water, causing his old Jusenkyo curse to renew. Brief scene of Ranma beating the holy heck out of Mousse.

Cologne shows up, determines why Shampoo is still in Japan and thinks the whole thing is good training. Opens the Cat Curio Shop to perform a support role and hope that these experiences broaden Shampoo's horizons enough to eventually lead the tribe.

Spidergirl, Mountain Girl, and Tigerboy discover Spatgirl. Spatgirl finds a relationship going between Tigerboy and Spidergirl. Spatgirl starts going into vengeance mode, only to be rescued when she's kidnapped by Akuma No Oni. Spatgirl spends a lot of time thinking about this then going after a mysterious panda sighted in the Nerima area and committing serious panda abuse.

Akane begins to warm up to the idea of Spidergirl not being a bad guy after the fourth "everyone get together and rescue Akane from this latest magical prince/supervillain/Yakuza thug" incident. At which point she figures out who Tigerboy is. Violence commences and Ranma is thrown out of the Tendo dojo.

Ranma begins living in the Spidercave. The relationship deepens between he and Kodachi. And then...

Toltiir smirked. "That... is a secret."