Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Fistful Of Omake ❯ Fist Of The Wildhorse ( Chapter 50 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE

Genma stared up at the dragon who had formed out of the pit.

"ONCE AGAIN IN REALM OF MORTAL MAN,
HERE AGAIN BY HEAVEN'S PLAN,
MORTAL WISH BE GRANTED SOON,
SPEAK AND I SHALL GRANT THY BOON!"

"Uhm, well," Genma began, feeling those eyes upon him. Old eyes. Eyes that had seen continents form. Eyes that had pre-existed humanity and would see things long after humanity's time had faded.

The dragon continued.

"KNOW THEE THIS, O SON OF ADAM,
BOUND BY CONTRACT AS I AM,
YOU GET ONE WISH AND ONLY ONE,
FOREVER LOST ONCE 'TIS GONE.

"ALSO KNOW BY HEAVEN'S DECREE,
A GREEDY WISH WILL TWIST ON THEE,
HELP THOU OTHERS WITH THY WIT,
AND YOU SHALL ALSO BENEFIT."

Genma sweated, his son struggling in the bonds of fish sausage nearby. "Errr. I just wanted my son to learn an ultimate technique... Martial Arts."

The dragon's eyes flared red.

"SO THE WISH HAS BEEN MADE,
THE COST OF WHICH SHALL BE PAID.
THY SON SHALL TRAIN UNDER A MASTER TRUE.
AT HIS MAJORITY SHALL RETURN TO YOU."

Ranma vanished.

"AAAHHH! WAIT!" Genma exclaimed to the now empty lot.

----------

"I cannot teach the boy my technique." The martial artist turned away.

"MAKE NOT DECISIONS THUS IN HASTE,
OR MY GIFT TO YOU, YOU SHALL WASTE."

"Gift?" The martial artist turned to declaim the gift - he had no need of money or...

His eyes widened as he looked past the boy and to where the dragon's tail had struck. From parched earth came a bubbling spring of what could only be water.

"ELEMENTAL - DRAGONS ARE,
WANDERING FROM STAR TO STAR.
FOR ME IT IS A SIMPLE THING,
BUT SEE IF YOU COULD USE A SPRING."

The martial artist knelt and examined it. Cool, clear, nearly pure water. Bubbling up from the Earth in a constant stream that rolled along the dust until it began to soak in. "This? For training the boy?"

"THAT INDEED IS THE DEAL,
AND GREENERY SHALL BE THE WEAL,
TRAIN THE BOY TILL SIXTEENTH YEAR,
FOR THAT TASK - A FOUNTAIN HERE."

The martial artist seemed to be lost in thought briefly, then nodded. "Done."

The dragon vanished. The water continued to bubble forth in a constant stream, as if someone had buried a hose under the ground and turned it up full force. Except the martial artist knew quite well that there was no water source locally to tap into.

The boy looked up, not completely understanding except that his father had sold him again and this time it would last until he turned sixteen. "Hi. I'm Ranma."

The martial artist nodded. "My name is Kenshiro. We should get started."

--------

OMAKE: Fist Of The Wildhorse

DISCLAIMER: Fist Of The Northstar/Hokuto No Ken and Ranma 1/2 owned by other people. Assistance from Hung Nguyen.

--------

The figure walked the streets of Nerima without apparent concern for the stares. Some guy wearing an almost completely concealing cloak and hood, over which a battered wide brim hat had been placed, drew a few looks but this was Nerima.

That the figure was well over six feet tall and seemed to be several orders more solid than the road he was walking on, well, that did draw some stares.

"Who dares to step so unconceredly past the Halls Of Furinkan? Be you some gaijin or burakumin come to invade our sacred halls of learning? Be gone!" Tatewaki Kuno held his bokken skyward as he stepped out fifty feet ahead of the figure.

The figure continued walking, not reacting in the slightest. 40 feet.

"I, the Shooting Star of Furinkan Senior High School, undefeated kendo master, samurai of the epics, say that no foul infidel shall demean our school grounds with his presence."

The figure continued to walk. 30 feet.

"Seek you to challenge the great Tatewaki Kuno? I shall smite thee for that insult."

Still no sign that he was walking directly towards the stick-wielding youth. 20 feet.

"I shall..." Tatewaki Kuno posed with his bokken and looked the stranger in the eye. And froze. These were not the eyes of someone who fought in practice matches. These were the eyes of someone who had faced Death, and it had been Death that had blinked. "I shall not tolerate this!"

The cloaked figure still gave no sign that he'd noticed the kendoist. 10 feet.

Kuno met the gaze of the other again. He was a samurai, a warrior, he would not yield to an enemy. Sweat began pouring off of him as he met that gaze, and his stomach started churning. He blinked.

The cloaked figure moved past, not acknowledging that the kendoist had stepped aside and was now clutching his chest and gasping for breath, his kendo outfit practically soaked through by sweat.

It was fifteen minutes before Tatewaki Kuno was able to stop his knees from shaking.

----------

The cloaked figure stopped outside of the Tendo Dojo, looking down in his hand at an old note that simply said in a child's handwriting - Tendo Dojo.

Maybe he would find some answers here.

----------

"A dojo destroyer, huh? Bring it on!"

The figure considered the girl challenging him. "Miss? I don't think you would want to fight me."

"Don't underestimate me," said Akane, cracking her knuckles.

"I'm not. I came here looking for answers. I am not sure that fighting you would provide them," said the stranger in a completely calm tone.

"Akane, what is this?" Soun entered the dojo and reflexively tried to determine this challenger's level of mastery. Then his presence. Nothing in either case. The boy could have been a ghost.

"Just some dojo destroyer," said Akane, pumping a fist in the air. "Got it covered."

"Miss, as I mentioned, I am here for answers. I am not sure how this will answer them."

Nabiki decided to make her presence known, though for some reason she was pretty sure the boy already knew she was there. "I tell you what. I have a network for information. If you win, I will find whatever answers you need."

The figure considered her briefly, then began shucking off cloak and hat.

Akane frowned. Thin legs and hips. Muscular chest. VERY muscular arms. Probably not that manueverable but a hard hitter. Moved very precisely. Probably halfway decent in the Art. "Okay. Whenever you're ready."

The other moved into a ready position. "Ready."

The two held their poses briefly, Akane wondering when the challenger was going to move. ~Oh to heck with waiting.~ "Hiyaaaa!"

The boy was abruptly not there.

"Huh?" Akane looked wildly around. "Where'd he go?"

Nabiki caught Akane's attention and made a circular gesture.

Akane whirled to look behind herself. Nothing. "Where, I don't see..." On turning back to face Nabiki again, she noted the large boy was back where he had been in a moment ago and now both her father AND Nabiki were staring at him.

The boy just looked sadly at her. Almost condescendingly.

"Okay, this time for real!" Akane charged forward, ready to catch this boy if he darted around her.

"Waaa TAAAAA!"

Nabiki and Soun gasped as the boy's thumbs seemed to go all the way up to the joint in Akane's temples.

Akane stood there for a moment as the boy stepped away from her.

"You're not bad, Miss, but against a practitioner of Hokuto Shin Ken, you have no chance. Use of your legs will return in about an hour." The boy turned and began walking away.

"HEY! WE'RE NOT DONE..." (WHUMP!) Akane blinked as she found herself sitting on the floor. "We're not done yet! Come back here! Hey. I can't move my legs."

Nabiki hurried after the stranger. After *that* demonstration, she was well inclined to see what she could scrounge up!

"Hey! I'm not beaten yet! You didn't win! I wasn't ready! Uhm. Would someone help me up?"

---------

Soun watched the stranger leave, once again clad in hat and cloak. "So what did he want?"

Nabiki made an offhand gesture. "He wasn't sure why he had our dojo's name, but what he really wanted was to find his family. Apparently he's not seen them in ten years. I just checked the phone book, found a couple of likely others and sent him on. That was enough payment not to take your precious dojo sign."

"Really?" Soun immediately felt a lot better. He hadn't seen anyone move THAT fast since the days with the Master. "Well, that's good. Who was that stranger, anyway?" Ah, hot tea on a chilly afternoon.

"Saotome. Ranma Saotome," said Nabiki. "He was kinda cute in a rough sort of way, oh well."

"Gak!"

Nabiki shrugged and went inside while her father spazzed out. Sometimes she really wondered if she'd been adopted.

-------

Ranma looked down at the youth. Strong chi. Good training. Lousy control. "Why are you upset?"

"Because you knocked me aside!"

Ranma considered that. "...but you were the one who ran into me."

"Only because you were standing there in the middle of the road!"

Ranma considered that as well. "I was standing next to the vending machines."

"My point exactly!" Ryoga said.

Ranma shook his head. "You're not making any sense."

"Make sense of this!" Ryoga threw with all his inhuman might at Ranma, thinking that his great strength would prevail.
However, Ranma simply held up a hand and intercepted the blow without even batting an eye. The Lost Boy soon found himself unable to pull his fist back as Ranma tightened his grasp and Ryoga was wincing in pain as bone threatened to crumble.

Then in a dead, firm tone, Ranma spoke. "The human body is only able to exert up to thirty percent of its total natural strength. Even with you, without ki enhancing it, that's NOT much. Hokuto Shin Ken allows me to GET at the other seventy percent."

"Let go," said Ryoga, pulling at his arm.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh," said Ranma, letting out a deep breath. The hand and arm not crushing Ryouga's fist blurred. "Ah-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-AH TAOOOOO!"

Ryoga hit the ground.

Ranma turned. "You are not worthy of the full might of Hokuto Shin Ken."

Ryoga shook his head and got back up. "HAH! Your 'Hokuto Shin Ken' is pig dung!"

"Four, three, two, one," counted off Ranma.

*gurgle!*

Ryoga's eyes popped. "eeeep!" *zoom!* "bathroom! where's a bathroom?!"

Ranma shook his head. "The Spastic Colon Pressure Strike. One of the more terrible non-fatal manuevers of Hokuto Shin Ken."

"aghhhhh!"
-----------

"You *will* accompany me, and you will marry a Tendo," Genma declared.

Ranma repeated his earlier declaration. "No."

Nodoka held her peace. Ranma *looked* manly. While discarding family honor wasn't very manly, meekly caving in was also not manly.

"I see I'll have to teach you a lesson," said Genma, assuming a martial arts attack stance. "This is for your own good."

Ranma looked about as concerned as if he had been threatened by a demented gerbil.

"Hiyaaaaa," yelled Genma as he rushed to attack.

*CRUNCH!* Ranma held the pose for a moment, his arm fully extended, one finger imbedded in Genma's chest.

"That's odd, it didn't hurt," Genma said as he realized how badly that had looked.

"I've hit your Appetite Suppression point," said Ranma as he got up. "Out of concern for my parent. Food will give you no pleasure. That way you can lose some of that weight and not deal with certain health problems."

"Hah!" Genma said. "That's..." It was true. Just the thought of food was distasteful. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ranma quietly left. He had found his parents, but no answers.

-----------

Ranma sat down at the cafe, sipped on a hot tea, and thought how nice it was to be in civilization. No mutant biker "Road Warrior" types. No martial arts bad nasty types oppressing the people.

Kinda boring though.

Hmmm. What was with those girls staring at him and giggling?

Well, it looked like one of them was coming forward so maybe he'd find out.

-------

"Wa ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta AH-TAUUUU!"

Another villain type hit the ground like a bag of wet cement. Ranma turned to deal with the next one.

These were odd allies he'd run across, but smashing evil minions wasn't too unlike crushing mutant biker predators much as Kenshiro had done.

He just wished his allies had better names. What kind of name was "Wedding Peach" anyway?

==========
END.
thought i was going to make it a Sailor Moon xover, didn't you?