Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Tales Of Eternia Fan Fiction / Clamp School Fan Fiction ❯ Requim Chronicles: The Shadow of Anubis ❯ The Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Requim Chronicles: The Shadow of Lady Anubis
By: davish666
 
Chapter 1: The Past - Before the Battle
 
The full moon was shining brightly that night. Two figures appear at the center stage where they are greeted by applauses. One of this two was a boy, he was small and probably only 7 years old, his clothing was brown and it was covered with dirt. His eyes were brown and they were as dark as the night. Beside this boy stood a man, it was probably his father. He wore an armor with a crest of an eagle or something like that, so I am guessing that this man was a knight of the Royal Craymel Brigade.
 
As for I, well…I am the one who observes this boy, he is the prophet child of this story. You may sometimes see me as part of the story but sometimes I just narrate it…
 
As I observed this father and child, I was amazed by his courage to go up on stage with his father, probably he will brag about the incident the next few days. But in my case, he won't because that night was his last day in that village.
 
I go to the town square, away from the crowd. Then I saw two boys passing by, one was a boy with dark blue hair, his eyes were yellow and were very bright as the moon that night, the other had black hair and his eyes were as black as the night. I just laughed in my mind; I saw the prophet child and these two boys who would accompany him so I need not fear of the future.
 
I go to the nearest tavern I saw, waiting for this prophesy to become reality. I was wearing my black coat that day and my head was of course covered by a hood. I looked suspicious, and you may think of me as a villain, but as I said I am just the overseer of this story.
 
I waited there in the tavern, sword dueling anyone who challenged me. Every minute I spent was like a dozen. Then the alarm bells by the gate rang, the start of the prophesy has begun and I didn't want to miss the most thrilling part. I grabbed my sword and I went outside…
 
Chapter 1: The Past - Dispute
 
The shine of the moon disappeared and the shining swords reflected the blazing flames. The prophet child was crying as he was holding on to his father's hand. It was supposed to be the knight that they would've bonded, but it was cut short. The mother then took the prophet child, but the prophet child said to his mother that he wanted to stay with his father.
 
“Syaoran,” his dad said, “listen to your mother.”
With these words Syaoran toughened up his guts, he knew that if anything were to happen to his father he would be the one to protect his mother.
 
That night, as the dispute continued, three mothers met in the town square with them were their children in which one was Syaoran. The other two were the boys that the overseer saw that evening.
 
“Suoh, be a good boy,” the mother said to her blue haired son.
 
“Akira, do not cry, you have friends…” the other mother said to the black haired one handing to him a small box.
 
The three mothers then took them to the hole in the wall, it had enough space for children like that them to escape. The mothers however stayed behind, they grabbed wooden sticks and they joined the fighting.
 
Akira started to cry, as for Suoh and Syaoran, they knew that something must be done. They walked through the forest path but something was off, it felt more dangerous that night.
 
The three boys began to walk, Syaoran drew out his toy sword as for Suoh, he was taught the art of ninjitsu at a very young age. He grabbed some stones, and he was ready. The only weapon they had was the small box, inside it was a pair of rusty old kitchen knives, a pair at least. Akira, started to pretend like a pro ninja and he held it with his own two hands. This was the start of their first dispute with something scary. They had to work together, but as the enemy drew closer, the children's breathing became heavier. They had two options, it was kill or be killed…
 
Chapter 1: The Past - Dispute in the Woods
 
Sweat dropped from their foreheads, the heat was turning on. They didn't know how to fight, but they had to.
 
“Your name is Syaoran right?” Suoh asked, “your father, according to mine is a knight, correct?”
 
“Yes…” Syaoran said in a weak voice.
 
“Then, maybe you have seen him practicing, you can command us…and we will do what we can, we need teamwork,” Suoh said.
 
Akira just agreed with them, he stopped crying and he looked serious.
 
The enemy drew closer, and as it became clearer, they were near the presence of a wild wolf.
“Distract the enemy Suoh! Akira go behind the enemy!,” Syaoran commanded.
 
This was no make-believe anymore, but the games they played had trained them a little bit. Suoh started to throw his stones at the wild wolf, while Syaoran was charging at the front and Akira was charging behind the enemy. Syaoran stroked his wooden sword, but he missed the wolf, it was too swift for him. Akira on the other hand retreated when he drew closer to the wolf, his confidence was not enough. Akira wanted to cry, but he knew that it was not the right time.
 
“Okay, we repeat this all over again, Akira, build confidence! You can do it!” said little Syaoran to Akira.
 
“Right!!!” Akira replied.
 
This time Suoh ran faster, distracting the enemy faster. Syaoran on the other hand made a wavy motion in order to distract the enemy as well. With one heavy strike he hit the wolf's head and it destroyed the toy sword. This caused the wolf to be a little “unconscious” just enough for Akira to make a deathblow.
 
This time however, Akira had more courage; he slashed the wolf's body causing some blood to trickle on its body. The two boys were amazed by Akira's courage. It was a clean cut and no sign of blood touched Akira's skin.
 
Then, they heard some strange sounds, it was another wolf, but they were already exhausted from the last one. Luckily however a man was passing through the woods and it none other than the king himself. Apparently his son also went inside the woods but they didn't see a single person pass through. Then after a short conversation an explosion was heard, it came from the village's direction.
 
As the king of that country and a great swordsman he rushed to the town. He brought with him the three boys.
 
As they ran the king saw his son, he has lost consciousness and he has some wounds. The moon reappears and Syaoran begun to stare at the moon. His eyes were deeply looking into it. Then, Syaoran suddenly lost consciousness…
 
Chapter 1: The Past - A Dream
 
The moon continued to shine brightly as the battle came to a near end, many people lost their lives that night, in which Syaoran's parents were included. The attack was somewhat planned, and the stray shadows were done by a person who knows necromancy very well. When the king investigated the armor left by a shadow he saw the crest of the Vandole Empire.
 
Meanwhile, Syaoran still unconscious, started to dream of a full moon shining brightly, his eyes were reflected by the moon. He looked at his hands and he saw that he was wearing a white shirt. He was holding a sword on his right hand while on the other hand he held a shield. Then, he looked straight forward, he saw a woman dressed in a gold armor, her cape was black and had the crest of the Vandole Empire. Her staff had a golden snake. Her head was covered with a golden helmet and her eyes cannot be seen.
 
Syaoran felt that he was alone, they were near the Kingdom of Inferia, but it was a mountain range not a plain. Then he took out a blue pebble from his pocket which had an image of a trident. He used the power of the blue stone by attaching it to one of the twelve slots in sword. The images then faded away…
 
 
Chapter 1: The Past - Aftermath
 
Syaoran woke up the next day inside the village's infirmary. He sat down, and then he looked outside the window, hoping that it was just all a dream, but it wasn't. The ground was soaked with blood, arrows were pierced on the ground, he wanted to cry but he remembered his father. He went outside the infirmary, and he ran towards his house. When he was near however, he noticed that the door was open. He slowly took a peek hoping to see a glimpse of his mother's angry face for going home late. However, his expectation was didn't happen, rather he entered the house and he felt the aura of sadness within it. He slowly went inside the living room and there he saw the king, the commander of the whole kingdom grieving for the loss of his friend, he was holding a photo of Syaoran's father.
 
“My friend, you are a great man who died saving this kingdom,” the king said, not noticing that Syaoran was there. Then he stood up and he saw Syaoran, he looked at Syaoran who started to cry. He approached him and the king decided to take Syaoran to the kingdom.
 
The king then took Syaoran's father's sword and he gave it to Syaoran. They left the house and then they went to the town square where they were to meet the two other boys. The king ordered his soldiers to move out as soon as the two boys, Suoh and Akira were in the carriage. Two mothers carrying their sons with them approached the king, they bowed down and then they handed over their sons.
 
Chapter 1: The Past - To the Kingdom of Inferia
 
The sun was in between east and west when I was overseeing the “prophet child” making sure that he would make the right choices. Of course, I am the one who decides his future, but all of that can be changed in the glimpse of opinions. We reached the city of Inferia a few moments later. As I expected this kingdom was really what I would imagine. It's floors sparkled like pearls while the lively people were chattering what they could chatter. The children were chasing each other and the “older” children were trying to get a date for that night.
 
Let me tell you what I saw…The entranced was pearly white and it had a golden arch, written on it were the words: “Seyfert's Town.” Apparently this turned out to be Seyfert's birthplace which I later knew from someone. From the arch if you go to right you would see several stores including an inn. The center road led to the town square and if you go forward from there you would eventually reach the castle entrance. To the west of the arches would be some inns and the famous bakeshop known for its Cinnamon Roll. Of course this is what it looked like when we arrived, but will it change…It all depends on me…the overseer…
 
Chapter 1: The Past - Syaoran and the Princess
 
The carriage stopped at the beautiful palace gardens. In the palace gardens the king was greeted by his 6 year old daughter Sakura. When Syaoran went down the carriage and caught a glimpse of Sakura he immediately blushed and looked the other way around. He couldn't say a word to her because he was shy. Then, the king whispered something to Sakura. She suddenly rejoiced then she grabbed Syaoran's hand (making Syaoran blush really hard) then she brought him inside the castle. She went to servants then she asked where Syaoran's sleeping quarters would be. When she learned where it is, she went there and then she told Syaoran to take a bath and change his clothes so that they could go around the castle.
 
Meanwhile back in the castle gardens, Sakura's friend, Tomoyo was near the castle entrance. She was holding a crystal ball hoping to save Sakura's moments in it. She was with Eriol, her friend until she was called over by the king to be Suoh and Akira's new friend. She went to palace gardens in order to meet her new friends.
 
Moments later, back in the castle, when Syaoran was finished with his bath, Sakura came over and he showed him the places in the castle. At first Syaoran was dizzy, but days later he got used to it.
 
A few months passed by and Sakura celebrated her 7th birthday. Of course this was a celebration of great joy because not only does she celebrate her birthday but that was the start of Syaoran's training to be her highness' bodyguard.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 2 pre-view…
 
I, the overseer sneak inside the Vandole Empire's Kingdom, wherein I will sneak for you (the readers) and tell you the background of the antagonists.
 
Chapter 2: Vandole Empire
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own some characters here and I think you would know who they are. Some of the terms, I got from games, and I also don't own it.
 
Copyright 2006: This fanfic cannot be duplicated or posted in other sites without permission of the author (davish666)
 
If you have suggestions, or comments…e-mail me at
 
davish666@yahoo.com or gm04141991@yahoo.com