Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Cardcaptor Sakura Part 2 ❯ Sakura, and Dijoso's Warning ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sakura walked through the front door of her house, followed by Syaoran and Tomoyo. “Dad, I'm home.” Sakura called. Sakura's dad walked into the hallway from the kitchen wearing an apron. He had obviously been cooking. “Ah, welcome home Sakura.” he greeted. “Hello Tomoyo, and, Syaoran was it? Or would you prefer Li?” “S-Syaoran's fine.” Syaoran stuttered. He was obviously nervous because this was Sakura's father. Sakura, Syaoran, and Tomoyo went into the living room and Fujitaka brought out tea and sweets before returning to his cooking. Then, the front door opened and shut and Toya and Yukito waked in. “I'm home.” Toya called. He and Yukito entered the living room and Yukito greeted the children, but Toya did not say a word. He just stood in the archway and glared disdainfully at Syaoran. The two of them did not speak to each other all night.
After dinner, Sakura, Syaoran and Tomoyo joined Kero in Sakura's room with his share of dessert. Yukito met with them there a little later and transformed into Yue. “Do you really think it's Dijoso?” Yue asked. “That's what Eriol thinks.” Sakura replied. “I spoke with my mother the other day and she seems to think so too.” said Syaoran. Kero, after gulping down his pudding, got a serious look on his face and said “Dijoso is a very powerful sorcerer. If we are to defeat him, we'll have to get stronger, and fast. And he will only keep getting stronger with each card he takes. Also, Sakura you have to be ready to do what ever it takes to stop him. Dijoso won't just stop when he has all the cards. You should be safe from him for now, but he won't show mercy once he has the cards. He knows that he can't touch you as long as you hold the cards, because without you, the seal on the cards will be broken, and then neither of you will be able to use them. But that wont matter to him once he has them all, and he won't care about anyone else who gets in his way either. It won't be like fighting Yue or Eriol. It'll be a fight to the finish.” The whole room fell silent. Then, something seemed to surprise all in the room except Tomoyo. “Is something wrong?” she asked. “It's that same presence.” said Sakura. “That's Dijoso's presence, there's no mistaking it.” said Yue. Kero nodded in acknowledgement.

The Cardcaptor group followed the presence all the way to the park. Syaoran was wearing his ceremonial robes, and Sakura wore one of Tomoyo's battle costumes. This one was a light blue dress with pink ribbons, and she also wore a pink ribbon in her hair like a headband. Sakura lead the group further into the park, Tomoyo bringing up the rear with her video camera. Suddenly, an eerie voice called out Sakura's name. Terrified, Sakura stopped and tightened her grip on the star wand. “Sakura…” the voice called out again. “Sakura, what's wrong?” Syaoran asked. Syaoran put his hand on her shoulder and Sakura let out a terrified scream. Syaoran quickly withdrew his hand. “S-Sakura, what is it?” he asked. “Hey, Sakura, what's got you so scared all of the sudden?” asked Kero. “D-didn't you hear it?” she stuttered. “A-a voice w-was calling my name. I… I think… I think it was a… a…” The voice called her name once more and Sakura screamed “A GHOST!!!” The others just stared at her. Yue, who had never heard of Sakura's fear of ghosts before said, “Nice work Keroberos. You picked a Cardcaptor who is afraid of ghosts.” Sakura heard the voice again. Alright Sakura, she thought to herself, time to get tough. No ghost is gonna scare you away. Determined to defeat her fears once and for all, Sakura ran in the direction she heard the voice coming from.
Sakura had run so fast that her friends could not keep up with her. Suddenly, Sakura was surrounded by a bight red light and fell into a trance-like state. When the others finally caught up to her, Sakura was floating in a red sphere of magical energy, and the SAKURA CARDS where spread around her in a circle. Syaoran ran up to try and save her, but when he touched the sphere a surge of energy flew through his body and knocked him back. “What is that thing?” Tomoyo asked. “It appears to be a magic barrier.” said Kero. “It locks on to a specific magic frequency and traps anything that matches it inside. It also keeps anything that dose not match out.” As Syaoran got up, he noticed something on the ground and picked it up. It was the star key.
Inside the barrier, Sakura opened her eyes, but all she could see were the cards floating around her. Everything else was black, empty. The same eerie voice Sakura had heard before spoke again.
“Welcome, Cardcaptor Sakura.”
“Are you the ghost?”
“I AM NOT!!! I am Dijoso.”
“Fwew, that's good. In that case, I'm not afraid of you!”
“…”
“Hey, are you listeni…”
“Quiet.”
“You'd better give back the cards you took and apologize for what you've done or you'll be sorry!”
“…”
“Hey…”
&# 8220;Did you know you're cute when you're angry?”
“Hoe?”
“I brought you here to make you an offer you'd be crazy to refuse. If you surrender and give me what I want, I can promise that I won't harm your friends. Make no mistake, I will get what I want, but if you resist, I can make no guarantee that no one will get hurt. The decision is your's”
“And just what is it you want anyway?”
“Not much really. I want the cards, but I have recently found a new goal as well.”
Meanwhile, outside the barrier, Sakura's friends tried to think of a way to free her from Dijoso's spell. “I think I've got it!” said Kero. “We can't get through, but Tomoyo can.” “But what can I do to help?” Tomoyo asked. “It's simple,” Kero explained. “All you have to do is take the star key and pass it through to Sakura. She'll be able to get out if she uses one of her cards.” Tomoyo did as Kero instructed and passed the star key to Sakura. Inside the barrier, Sakura saw the star key and grabbed it. Then she looked around at her cards and found the one titled the SHEILD. “Key which hides the power of the stars, show your true form before me. I, Sakura, command you under our contract. RELEASE! SHEILD!” the magic barrier was broken and Sakura fell to the ground unconscious. When she woke up, she was in Syaoran's arms. “Sakura, are you alright?” he asked. Sakura nodded. Syaoran smiled and told her he was glad. “What happened in there?” Kero asked. Sakura told them what had happened. “… He said he was after the cards, and” she paused, not sure exactly what to think Dijoso's second desire. “And what?” Syaoran asked. Sakura remained silent, then finally, she spoke a word that none of them, especially Syaoran was ready to hear. “Me.”