Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Cardcaptor Sakura Part 2 ❯ Sakura, Syaoran, and Dijoso ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The next morning, Sakura told Tomoyo about what had happened the night before.
“Oh my, are you alright Sakura?”
“I'm fine, but…”
“If you're worried about Li, I'm sure Tsukishiro took good care of him.”
“But, it's not Syaoran I'm worried about. It's the MIRROR card, I can't find it anywhere. And remember when I used EARTHY the day before? It's gone too.”
“Did you drop them somewhere?”
“Kero thought that too, but when he went back to check, he couldn't find them.”
When Syaoran walked in, Sakura told him about the missing cards. Then, Seth walked up to Sakura and handed her a flower. “Kinomoto,” he said with a bright smile, “please don't look so sad. A smile suits you the best.” Syaoran shot Seth another angry look. Sakura forced a smile and thanked Seth for the flower.
The next few days were spent searching for the missing cards. After nothing showed up, Sakura decided to call Eriol in England to tell him about the cards, and to see if he could possibly shed some light on things.
“You said the bear did not try to harm you?
“Yes, in fact it almost seemed as if it were after Syaoran.”
“…”
“Eriol?”
R 20;Sakura, do you remember when I told you that I was Clow Reed's reincarnation?”
“Sure I do.”
“I'm not sure, but from what you've told me, it seems as if this is the work of Dijoso.”
“Dijoso?”
“He was Clow Reed's apprentice. He was a powerful sorcerer, but over time, his heart became dark, and his thirst for power grew. He had hoped to inherit the CLOW CARDS, but Clow Reed would not have it. He knew that were Dijoso to get the cards, he would only use them for his own selfish purposes, so he sealed them away until Yue and Keroberos could select a suitable master. One who would care for the cards and use them for good. That was where you came in. When Dijoso had discovered what Clow had done, he vowed that he would one day obtain the cards and seek his revenge. It would seem that day has come. Dijoso must have been reincarnated and is now tying to steel the cards. You must be careful Sakura. If you use any of the cards, they will be instantly taken from you and transported to where ever Dijoso is and transformed into DIJOSO CARDS, just as you transformed them into SAKURA CARDS.”

The next day at school, Sakura told Syaoran and Tomoyo what Eriol had said about Dijoso. “Dijoso?” Syaoran repeated. “Yes,” Sakura replied, “have you heard of him?” “Only a little. I'll call my mother tonight and see if she knows anything. In the mean time, you should listen to Hiiragizawa and avoid using the cards.” Just then, Seth walked up and handed Sakura another flower, as he had done all week. Syaoran reacted with another angry look. “Kinomoto,” he began, a look of combined gentleness and determination on his face, “I was wondering, you've been so depressed these past few days, I was hoping you might allow me to take you to the amusement park tomorrow.” “Sure, I guess so,” said Sakura. “Syaoran, Tomoyo, would you like to come too?” Both said yes, Syaoran more forcefully than Tomoyo. “Oh,” said Seth, a little disappointed. “Well you're welcome to come, but I only have enough allowance for two tickets, so you'd have to buy own.” Tomoyo smiled and said she would pay for herself and Syaoran. Syaoran looked as if he would laugh at Seth's failed attempt at being alone with Sakura.

The next day at the amusement park, things did not go as planed. Seth had already paid for his and Sakura's tickets, and the two of them stood in line with Syaoran and Tomoyo as they waited for their own. But when they had finally gotten up to the ticket booth, the lady running the booth said they had just sold out. “What do we do now?” Sakura asked. “I'd hate to waste the tickets Livi already bought, especially since he only invited us to try and cheer me up, but we said we would all go together.” Syaoran let out a disappointed sight and said, “You go. A day of fun will be good for you.” Syaoran looked as if he would hate himself later for saying this, but he knew it was the right thing to do. “Are you sure Syaoran?” Sakura asked, noticing the disappointment in his eyes. Syaoran smiled and replied “Yes. You go and have fun and we can meet up later.” Seth led Sakura into the amusement park and smiled back at Syaoran and Tomoyo. “We'll see you later Li, Daidouji.” he said gleefully.

Tomoyo also noticed Syaoran's disappointment. “It's for the best.” Syaoran told her as they left the amusement park. “She's been so worried about the cards, this will take her mind off it off it for a while.” Tomoyo smiled. “You really do care about her, don't you Li?” she said. Syaoran stopped. Something had caught his attention. “What is it Li?” Tomoyo asked. Just as she said this, a large mound of wood formed behind Syaoran and Tomoyo. As it got closer, more trees and large sticks where drawn in and it became as tall as a sky scraper. “Run!” Syaoran yelled as he and Tomoyo ran in the opposite direction. Syaoran got out his sword and a fire oufada scroll. “God of fire, answer my call!” Syaoran said. A burst of flames emitted from the scroll as it touched his sword. The flames had a minimal effect. Tomoyo got out her cell phone. “I'm calling Sakura.” she said in a slightly panicked voice. “No,” said Syaoran, “I can handle this. If Sakura uses any of the cards they'll be taken from her like MIRROR.” Syaoran got out another oufada scroll, but before he could use it, he tripped and fell to the ground. “Li, are you alright?” Tomoyo asked. “Look out!” the wood monster stretched out a group of vines and twigs and grabbed Syaoran. Tomoyo got her cell phone back out. “Daidouji!” Syaoran called. “Do not call Sakura! I can handle this!” Tomoyo did not listen, and had already dialed Sakura's number.
Back at the amusement park, Sakura was having too much fun to even notice that her friends were in trouble. “Kinomoto, can I ask you something?” Seth said. “Your first name is Sakura right? Well, you see, in America, we're used to using people's first name. It's kind of strange to me when people keep calling me Livi. I was wondering if you could just call me Seth from now on. And maybe I could call you Sakura?” Sakura nodded her head and said “If it would make you feel better, sure.” Sakura's phone began to ring. Tomoyo told her what was going on. “Seth I'm sorry, but I have to go.” she told him. Sakura ducked behind a building and used the FLY card. Wings grew out of her back and she flew off to try and find her friends before it was too late.
Syaoran tried to cut himself free from the wood monster, but to no effect. “FIRY!” Sakura cried, activating the FIRY card. Sakura's card had a much greater effect than Syaoran's oufada scroll. Sakura flew in to rescue Syaoran and used the SWORD card to cut him free. When they reached the ground, the three cards Sakura had used, FLY, FIRY, and SWORD, disappeared with the wood monster.
“Syaoran, are you alright?”
“Sakura! What were you thinking? You lost three cards.”
“Are you mad?”
“No, I just...”
“I'm sorry, but…”
“It's alright Sakura.”
“Why didn't you want to call me?”
“I didn't want you to lose any more cards.”
“Syaoran, when I was changing the cards into SAKURA CARDS, you made me promise to tell you when there was trouble. Now it's your turn. Promise me you'll call me if you need my help.”
“…Alright, I promise.”