Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Cardcaptor Sakura Part 2 ❯ Sakura, and the New Beggining ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1
          As morning breaks over the Kinomoto home, Sakura was still sound asleep in bed when her alarm clock began to go off. True to her usual routine, Sakura reached over to her clock, turned it off, and crawled back in bed to sleep a little more. Kero, now awake, flew over and tried to wake the stubborn Cardcaptor. “Sakura,” he said as he shook her gently. “Hey, Sakura. You were supposed to meet Tomoyo at the park today remember.” “Oh yea, that's right I forgot!” Sakura exclaimed as she rushed out of bed. Kero gave her a worried look and said “Tomorrow is the start of the third trimester right? Did you finish your summer homework?” Sakura gave Kero a look of reassurance and told him she finished it the day before. Kero was shocked. “You? Sakura Kinomoto, actually did your homework?” Sakura scolded Kero for the rude remark and then hurried downstairs for breakfast. When she walked into the kitchen, she found Toya was already making breakfast. “The monster is up early this morning.” he said with a grin. Sakura gave him an angry look and scolded him for calling her a monster, then said good morning to the picture of her mother.
          Aft er breakfast, Sakura strapped on her roller blades and headed out to meet Tomoyo. When she got there, she found Tomoyo was already there with a picnic blanket set out and sweets all around. “Sakura, over here!” she said as she waved to Sakura. Sakura walked over to Tomoyo and sat down on the picnic blanket. “I have some sketches of new costumes I was thinking of making.” said Tomoyo, handing Sakura a large stack of papers. “Although, it's a shame that I won't be able to film you in them.” “But, if something were to happen, it could be a big mess.” said Sakura. “It would be alright,” Tomoyo reassured her. “If it's you, I'm sure everything would work out fine.” After looking through Tomoyo's drawings, Sakura pulled a plush bear out of her back pack. “Is that for Li?” Tomoyo asked. “Yea,” Sakura replied, “it's a lot better than the one I made Yukito, but I still think something's missing.” Tomoyo took the bear and looked over it carefully. Then, she shuffled through her drawings and got out a sketch of a frilly pink dress with several bows, wings that resembled Kero's, and a matching hat. “How about this?” she asked, referring to the drawing. “I can make the designs for this costume, and you can make it for the bear. Then it really will be a Sakura bear.” “That's a great idea Tomoyo!” said Sakura. Tomoyo got to work on the designs for the bear's costume, and Sakura put some of the sweets away to bring home to Kero.
         After Tomoyo finished the designs for the bear's costume, she and Sakura decided to call it a day. Sakura could not wait to get started on the costume and wanted to go to the craft store right away. Just as she was getting ready to leave, however, something seemed to catch her attention. “What is it Sakura?” Tomoyo asked her. “I feel… a strange presence.” Sakura replied. “I've never felt a presence like this before.” Just then, the ground beneath them began to shoot upward, as if being pushed from underground. “Sakura, do something!” Tomoyo panicked. Sakura was way ahead of her and had already gotten out the star key. “Key which hides the powers of the stars,” Sakura began, “show your true form before me. I, Sakura, command you under our contract. RELEASE!” Sakura out a SAKURA CARD, touched her wand to it and shouted “EARTHY” THE EARTHY card did the trick, and the ground slowly receded back down. However, having gotten too exited, Sakura lost her footing and slipped, plummeting towards the ground. As she fell, a familiar voice called out “Petals of the wind, answer my call!” and a large wind formed beneath Sakura, lowering her gently to the ground. Sakura looked around in search of whom it had been who saved her, praying it was who she thought. Her suspensions where confirmed when she saw Syaoran coming towards her. “Sakura,” said Syaoran, reaching down to help her up, “are you alright?” “Syaoran?!” said Sakura, taking his hand, “what are you doing here?” Syaoran told her that his mother allowed him to move back to Tomoeda, and that he would be returning to their school the next day. This mad Sakura very happy, and before they all left, Syaoran asked Sakura over to his house the next day after school. Sakura said yes and was in a dreamy state the rest of the night.
The next day, Sakura got to school early and was already 1/2 way done with the costume for the bear she would give to Syaoran later that night. She had finished the main part of the dress and was working on the biggest bow when Tomoyo walked in. “Morning Tomoyo.” Sakura greeted. “Good morning Sakura.” Tomoyo greeted back. “The costume you are making for your bear is coming along rather well.” Just then, the bell rang for class to begin and Mr. Terada walked into the room. “Good morning class.” he greeted. “Good morning.” answered the class. “Today,” he went on,” we have two transfer students joining our class. One of them, is someone you all know rather well.” The door to the room opened and the whole class turned around as Syaoran walked into the room. Everyone was exited to see him, but none as much as Sakura. Syaoran sat in his old seat behind Sakura, and Mr. Terada went on. “Our other transfer student comes to us all the way from America.” He stopped and waited for the new student to come in, but no one did. Then, footsteps were heard down the hallway, and a boy with mid-length, blond hair and blue eyes entered the room. `Sorry I'm late,” said the boy, “but I could not find the room.” Mr. Terada excused him considering it was his first day and asked him to introduce himself. “My name is Seth Livi.” said the boy, “my family and I just moved here from America a week ago.” Mr. Terada directed Seth to the only remaining seat in the class room, behind Tomoyo. As soon as he took his seat, his gaze was instantly diverted to Sakura, and an easily jealous Syaoran gave him a deadly look.
Sakura continued working on her bear costume through lunch break. She had just finished putting the wings on the back when Seth walked up and asked about it. When Sakura told him it was for Syaoran, Seth recited the legend of the plush bear and asked if that was why she was making it. “May I see it?” he asked. Sakura put the finished costume on the bear and handed it to Seth. “You did a really good job on this.” he said. “I wish someone would make something like this for me. Hopefully someone as pretty as you.” “Thank you.” said Sakura, not hearing the `pretty' comment. The rest of the day left Sakura awaiting her dinner with Syaoran where she could give him the bear.
That night, Sakura went to Syaoran's house as planned. Afterwards, Syaoran walked Sakura home, taking a detour through the park along they way. When they came across a stream with a small bridge over it, Sakura asked Syaoran if she could speak with him about something. Sakura took the bear out of her backpack. “I-I made you something.” she said, her voice shaky from nerves. Syaoran thanked her and reached out to take the bear, but just as he touched it, the bear's eyes began to glow a bright red. The bear flew out of Syaoran's hands and into the sky. “This presence,” Sakura said stunned, “it's the same as the one I felt yesterday.” The bears eyes glowed brighter as beams shot out towards Sakura and Syaoran. Syaoran grabbed Sakura's hand and the raced off of the collapsing bridge, barely dodging the red beams. “Key which hides the power of the stars,” Sakura began, “show your true form before me. I, Sakura, command you under our contract. RELEASE!" Syaoran was also preparing for battle. He got out his magic sword and thunder spell scroll. “God of thunder, answer my call!” he shouted, and as the scroll touched the sword, a thunderbolt flew out towards the bear. But, as if there was a shield around it, the bear was unfazed by the attack. Keroberos and Yue, having also sensed the presence, flew in to help. Keroberos launched a flam attack on the bear, but it had the same effect as the last. Then, as the bear prepared to shoot at Syaoran, Yue launched a flurry of diamond-like shards at the bear, which hit at first, creating a gash in the bear's right leg, but then was deflected like Syaoran and Kero's. Sakura, whom the bear seamed to be engorging, thought about Yue's attack and what caused the slight break in it's defenses. 'That's it!' she thought, 'it can be hit if it's attacking!'  As Sakura devised a means of defeating the bear, Syaoran, Kero and Yue began to tire. The bear fired at Syaoran, and even though he was able to dodge the full blow of the attack, the beams managed to hit his left ankle. Syaoran was down, and Kero and Yue were too far away to help him. As the bear prepared a final attack, Sakura got out a SAKURA CARD in hopes to save him in time. The bear launched it's attack. “MIRROR” Sakura shouted as THE MIRROR card was activated. The image of a young girl with long hair rapped in ribbons a long, flowing dress, and a medium sized mirror in her hands materialized in from of Syaoran. The beams, now headed for THE MIRROR card, bounced off the mirror in the girl's hands and rebound back at the bear. Sakura's plan worked! The beams hit the bear, and the tattered plush toy fell to the ground motionless. The danger gone, Sakura ran over to Syaoran. “Are you alright Syaoran?” Sakura asked in a concerned voice. Syaoran nodded as Sakura helped him up. Yue transformed back into Yukito and offered to take Syaoran home. Keroberos returned to his disguised form as well and headed home with Sakura.